Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ranger in action - Crowfall

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageThe Ranger in action - Crowfall

Take a guided tour of the versatile Ranger archetype! With both ranged and melee capabilities, she will be an incredible asset to any team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Can't wait!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    She looks SO good. I can't wait to get hands on Crowfall! :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    She? Gender lock again? Why? To save money on modeling/animations? Just curious.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Scambug said:
    She? Gender lock again? Why? To save money on modeling/animations? Just curious.

One thing we both agree on.  Why all these gender locked games?  I bet the entire female ranger thing in every new game is trying to hit on the entire Hunger Games  super girl thing. 
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    In their previous game (shadowbane) they had gender locked disciplines and classes. but they made sense. You had to be a female to be a Huntress(duh) or a Fury(duh) or use Valkyr rune.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I like the graphics and overall style alot, but i also understand that people will say that this game already looks like it's 12 years old. It's always a matter of taste with stylistic graphics.

Let's just hope they pull this off and deliver a complete product. With games like these, there is always so much that can go very wrong.

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    how is the genderlock interacting with the "crows system"? From what i understand the player posesses corpses. You mean to tell me that somehow men are forbidden to become hunters so all hunter(ess) corpses are female? i just dont get it, it makes no sense. how are we supposed to immerse ourselves in a fantasy world where logic does not apply?
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Scambug said:
    http://crowfall.com/en/archetypes/ranger/

You can be a male ranger

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Rapid fire??Oh hell no ,please no !!

We already have korean games ruining animations and realistic game play ,we don't need to copy them.Let me guess,there is no ammo slots in this game either?

"charging up" ?? ...sigh.

Why can't any game do a decent Ranger class?Suppression shot is too o/p ,get 2-3 Rangers doing and that and game play becomes sadly easy.Now if yo uwant to make the suppression shot a once every 10-15 minutes then i cold accept it.

One question...Why are there visible effects coming from swinging a weapon?Are the weapons breaking through atoms at such break neck speeds as to form visible molecular collision...lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Maquiame said:
    Scambug said:

You can be a male ranger
    now i'm getting confused, so is there a genderlock or not? Why do the ranger skill icons show a female?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    As to the graphics,they don't look awful but not a fan of them either, but i could accept them,definitely not a game breaker.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    mithoss said:
    Maquiame said:
    Scambug said:

You can be a male ranger
    now i'm getting confused, so is there a genderlock or not? Why do the ranger skill icons show a female?
    The gender lock is for monster races (Guinecean, Elken, Minotaur, Stoneborn). All the other races so far are not gender locked.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

mithoss said:

Maquiame said:

Scambug said:

You can be a male ranger

Some Archetypes are gender locked. Most are not. Look here:

http://crowfall.com/en/archetypes/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    No kiting with a bow?!? Seriously???

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538

mithoss said:

Maquiame said:

Scambug said:

You can be a male ranger

They aren't creating both genders yet. So far they have created the male versions of Knight, Champion and Legionnaire, and the female versions of Confessor and Ranger. Each of these archetypes will have the opposite gender as well, but there is no point in doing animations for both until they have the powers finalized.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    No kiting with a bow?!? Seriously???

Good.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    *Blinks behind enemy NPC*
    *Enemy NPC automatically turns around like "I saw you idiot"*

They have still got A LOT of work to do with the combat. They better kickstarter some help from a combat guy over at Capcom, Konami or Namco/Bandai. I trust Artcraft with everything else... combat, not so much.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    I like gender and race locks.

I'll have to pop back into Crowfall this weekend.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    mithoss said:
    Maquiame said:
    Scambug said:

You can be a male ranger
    The gender lock is for monster races (Guinecean, Elken, Minotaur, Stoneborn). All the other races so far are not gender locked.
    @Franciscourant In addition to that, genders are between redundant and pointless in the "locked" cases.

Say, Guinecean is a rodent - I doubt any of "OMG Lockz!!1!" folks would even be able to guess the gender of ones we saw so far.

Speaking of Stoneborn & Minotaurs (or Elken) - how many people actually played cows i.e. female Tauren in WoW? And similar for Dwarf females.
     W...aaagh?
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Nice video. All PVE though. Too much PVE. I thought this was a PVP game.

All PVE game is all PVE.

Pass.

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek.)

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    mithoss said:
    Maquiame said:
    Scambug said:

You can be a male ranger
    @Franciscourant In addition to that, genders are between redundant and pointless in the "locked" cases.

Say, Guinecean is a rodent - I doubt any of "OMG Lockz!!1!" folks would even be able to guess the gender of ones we saw so far.

Speaking of Stoneborn & Minotaurs (or Elken) - how many people actually played cows i.e. female Tauren in WoW? And similar for Dwarf females.
    Agreed. IRL it's almost impossible to distinguish a male from a female guinea pig. Being forced to inspect carefully a Guinecean to find out its gender sounds like an odd idea.

Maybe some red lipstick?  :p
  • MMObroMMObro Member UncommonPosts: 97
    hate gender locked classes: i cannot play female toons
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    I'm seeing these big damage numbers in the thousands.
    5000, 2000, 3000.............. gross.
    Makes me think the game isn't going to be very skill-based.
  • sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    edited March 2016
    Way too static.....

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    edited March 2016

MMObro said:

hate gender locked classes: i cannot play female toons

There will be male rangers, or did you just wantonly ignore the link I put up with the artwork of them?

Selective reading is selective http://crowfall.com/en/archetypes/ranger/

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!