Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asta-Give it a try

2»

Comments

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I have suggested that they think about doing a wipe and a live launch i don't think the game will gain much more population without one, Ora faction on US server is terrible i was struggling to give level 20 artifact gear away for free and i have turned up to every event boss and it hasn't been killed once even if they  close access to the other faction it won't help there will be some that will stick with not seeing people around but others will just go no i don't like a game that looks dead.

I also have a character on the EU server i am going to log into there today not been logged on there for last 2 days was playing on the US server so will see how it is there but what i have noticed the 2 different guilds i am in there is a lot of people who haven't logged in for days.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i tried it and deleted it the same day. I liked the graphics and the art style but the game felt very generic during the first few levels. What i played didnt hook me so i didnt keep playing expecting it would get better.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    AnnaTS said:
    I have suggested that they think about doing a wipe and a live launch i don't think the game will gain much more population without one, Ora faction on US server is terrible i was struggling to give level 20 artifact gear away for free and i have turned up to every event boss and it hasn't been killed once even if they  close access to the other faction it won't help there will be some that will stick with not seeing people around but others will just go no i don't like a game that looks dead.

I also have a character on the EU server i am going to log into there today not been logged on there for last 2 days was playing on the US server so will see how it is there but what i have noticed the 2 different guilds i am in there is a lot of people who haven't logged in for days.
    Hmmm. This is rather disturbing news. I'm not sure if I want to play on a game that is possibly dying before it is officially released. It's a shame not more promotion is put out there. I will play this weekend and evaluate it a bit longer.
    Thanx AnnaTS for the information..

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited March 2016
    The game feels great until lvl 30 when you realize youve been doing the same 3 quests over and over
    1) gather items
    2) kill things
    3) something ells stupid
    4) rinse and repeat

I was the first archer to hit lvl 50 in closet beta. And at lvl 50 the game is just dead, theres nothing you want to log in for because the content is non existent.

if you want to own in pvp- pick a Archer they are fastly overpowered and outplay everything there.
    If you want to own in pve pick a mage- they kill fast with their aoe.
    all other classes are garbage.

And yes you will neer be as strong as somone who spend cash into the game. the reasons:

1) they nerfed blue dungeon tokens wich you needed to buy blue armor to get the upgrades for your weapons
    2) they upgraded the blue token gain from world events wich take hella longer to do and  give bad token amount.
    3) the best mounts are cash shop only
    4) you can get with real cash perfect upgrade scores wich you cant otherwise as f2p

last and least: the game died in korea in about 9 months after release. There are no new updates and there will be no new updates. Theres just a maintenance team that will cure some bugs. 
    max lvl will be 60.
    Yes the game is just a deadbirth.

just my 4 cents- hella avoid this game.

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Tried it, but Black Desert is the better game and takes all my time right now. Not sure it would make it into my top 3 otherwise anyway.
    I have a boat to finish in Black Desert, so please forgive me if I leave right now... ;)
    Ya it seems like bad timing for this game, although it didn't really have much of a chance for success regardless.  

BnS, Black Desert, and the Division are all superior games.  However, I don't see any of them holding their large initial populations long term.  They should face a drop off in 2-3 month followed by fluctuations based on the quality of content updates.  That period of down time should be targeted by games like Asta for any chance of success... Wipe their open beta and "launch" 2 month from now maybe?  
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Jonnyp2 said:
    Tried it, but Black Desert is the better game and takes all my time right now. Not sure it would make it into my top 3 otherwise anyway.
    I have a boat to finish in Black Desert, so please forgive me if I leave right now... ;)
    Ya it seems like bad timing for this game, although it didn't really have much of a chance for success regardless.  

BnS, Black Desert, and the Division are all superior games.  However, I don't see any of them holding their large initial populations long term.  They should face a drop off in 2-3 month followed by fluctuations based on the quality of content updates.  That period of down time should be targeted by games like Asta for any chance of success... Wipe their open beta and "launch" 2 month from now maybe?  
    Should have stopped with just BDO, at this point i am not sure BnS is really all that relevant, and The Division, is a loot based cover shooter, whether or not Asta was ever going to compete with BDO, is questionable, BDO, despite quite a few early red flags that were raised, is actually a pretty good game, it would be a much better game if it wasn't gender locked etc.
    But the way things are looking at the moment, the character classes are only relevant depending on your playstyle, I recently bought the game, and am playing as a Trader, travelling from town to town etc, with a farm wagon buying/selling goods, no combat involved, and have to say, the horse riding mechanics and the wagon handling is pretty amazing, the character class i have is totally irrelevant. B)
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Phry said:
    Should have stopped with just BDO, at this point i am not sure BnS is really all that relevant, and The Division, is a loot based cover shooter, whether or not Asta was ever going to compete with BDO, is questionable, BDO, despite quite a few early red flags that were raised, is actually a pretty good game, it would be a much better game if it wasn't gender locked etc.
    But the way things are looking at the moment, the character classes are only relevant depending on your playstyle, I recently bought the game, and am playing as a Trader, travelling from town to town etc, with a farm wagon buying/selling goods, no combat involved, and have to say, the horse riding mechanics and the wagon handling is pretty amazing, the character class i have is totally irrelevant. B)
    Probably right about bns although I do think there is some overlap with mmos and the division.

I didn't mean to sound negative towards black desert, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit.  Theres just going to be some population loss In a couple month.  Some players will quit outright, others will be playing less while waiting for media or whatever is coming next.  It just makes more sense to target that period... I guess it doesn't even matter, Asta will likely flop regardless.

Yeah.... I've barely done any combat in BDO either. I'm just processing a ton of stuff and then afking in a bed or auto running trade routes since I Wfh most days.  Then I just Autofish for extended breaks...

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I play daily. Have since IBT in Novemeber. Really like the game and I think it is very fun. Great community as well. Some may be turned off by the PVP switch at 40ish but I like it.
    I've been playing it since they did their advertisement on these forums. I haven't logged into any of my paid subscription games at all during this time - that is a first for me with a FTP title. I love that the trinity is utilized in this game - I play a healer and an archer and I am really enjoying the game. The community is good and helpful - grouping has been easy. I fish and bounty hunt as sub-professions as well. It is like WOW in many ways, only better IMO.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    I am very sure it's a better game, but I am waiting a bit longer.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Just when you think WoW clones had gone the way of the dodo, another asian company gets their hands on the WoW starter kit and cranks out another uninspired heap.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was like 99% certain i played this game and logged out within the first 10 minutes but after watching a couple videos ,nothing seems to ring a bell.
    So seems  i will have to actually give a it go to make sure.

As to Quizz's query on the WHY.
    I ma not going to pretend i KNOW,but i am pretty smart "lol" not much gets over my head.What happens is "sometimes" developers/publishers send in exact wording to be used by a site and other times it is discussed as to what is said.Now if this was simply a PR  department it is quite possible they are just office workers contacting MMORPG.com and really don't know much at all about their own game.SO then this site simply sees an offer to get possible advertisement money and proceeds to say nice things about a game they know nothing about.

To me nothing much matters,i just go check it out for myself,i never rely on what websites try to advertise me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    People complaining about not having enough guidance or information is just plain lazy on your part.

Figure it out!

New boss in dungeon,... What no Wiki or Diffy guide?
    Figure it out!

I'm glad there is very little to no info the unexpected IMO is exciting. 

When you play chess physically present across the table from your opponenr do you bust out your smartphone and start Google it?
    My warrior is at 19
    Healer 15
    Archer 17
    Mage 11
    Rogue 10

I'm enjoying all the classes.
    Hundreds or possibly thousands of new games release every year.  I won't like most of them, but there are a relative handful of games that I will like.  If 1000 games launch in a year, of which I'd only like 10, then if I have 10 new games to play every year that I like, I'm happy.

If I can find those 10.  That's the trick.  I don't have time to spend a week picking apart every new game that launches to see if it's fun.  I want to play the 10 without wasting most of my gaming time on other games that I predictably won't like.

Nor does it work to just download a game without knowing what it's about, try it, and see if it's fun in the first ten minutes.  A lot of games have a lot of good stuff that you don't get to in the first ten minutes.  I'd have missed out on some real gems if I did that.  There's no chance I'd have stuck with A Tale in the Desert, Uncharted Waters Online, or Europa Univeralis II for long if the decision was based only on the first ten minutes of gameplay, or even the first hour.  But there was enough information out there about the games to make them seem promising without a flashy first ten minutes of introduction.

If a game has a good site that explains a lot of what a game is about, then I can rule out most games in just a few minutes.  But I can figure out which ones seem promising and are worth looking into more pretty quickly, too.  The explanations ArenaNet put out in the run-up to the Guild Wars 2 launch is the best job of getting good information about your game out there that I've ever seen.

But if a game developer doesn't have enough confidence in their own game to make a little bit of information available, beyond asking people to try it and find out?  Well then, it's awfully unlikely that I'd like the game, so I'll pass.  Far too many terrible games do that, and I have better things to do than to waste time playing awful games.
    Well i did try this game before so my hunch was right lol.
    It is not a bad little game for free players looking for something with Wow type graphics and common game play.

Everything is pretty much what you see in other games from the +++weapon enhancements to red carpet moves.There is key mapping was refreshing to see a UI that is not cumbersome i HATE cumbersome UI lol.
     Overall it is what you expect but done well,organized pretty much reminds me of Runes of magic ,not as far as depth goes but in it's simple well laid out design,there is nothing confusing  in there nor is there anything terribly bad.

The reason i logged out last time was because i wanted to kill the Boss but there was no other players and could not be soloed.

Anyhow i moved into the next area and am going to stick around and play for a bit,it is a relaxing type game,i like relaxing and simple to control.

Honestly too bad the game doesn't have any players,it does gaming the same as anyone else just not as flashy,but your not spending 100 bucks to play it either.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ehv7979ehv7979 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    i think they killed the game with the IP block.i would like to play but i cant.
    Just use a proxy ,there are free proxy services out there that basically,if i remember run ads or something but they are free.I remember seeing a link to free proxy services when i was checking out some EMU servers as well,so there are free services for proxies.I have used them before myself,so there is nothing to worry about all it does is it will add some lag to your connection,not good for a fps type game but for a rpg it is fine.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Wizardry said:
    Well i did try this game before so my hunch was right lol.
    It is not a bad little game for free players looking for something with Wow type graphics and common game play.

Everything is pretty much what you see in other games from the +++weapon enhancements to red carpet moves.There is key mapping was refreshing to see a UI that is not cumbersome i HATE cumbersome UI lol.
     Overall it is what you expect but done well,organized pretty much reminds me of Runes of magic ,not as far as depth goes but in it's simple well laid out design,there is nothing confusing  in there nor is there anything terribly bad.

The reason i logged out last time was because i wanted to kill the Boss but there was no other players and could not be soloed.

Anyhow i moved into the next area and am going to stick around and play for a bit,it is a relaxing type game,i like relaxing and simple to control.

Honestly too bad the game doesn't have any players,it does gaming the same as anyone else just not as flashy,but your not spending 100 bucks to play it either.

Ya, it is relaxing. It isn't on the same level as WoW, FFXIV, GW2 or BDO, but it sure is fun to just spend time playing. It's got everything WoW has, from fishing to it's own form of archaeology in treasure hunting. Treasure hunting, unlike WoWs archaeology, has you actually battle for your loot you dig up. Also,  I like the fact that you get to place your attribute points where you want them.
    Such a waste of effort put into it not to get the word out about it in a better manner. It needs people to enjoy it more.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited March 2016
    Apparently they are not going to consider a wipe and a live i have stopped playing i have a feeling webzen got this cheap the game wasn't developed for webzen someone said on the foryum i think it was one o=f the mod shame really because i liked the game but i can see what is happening they are obviously trying to put as little into the game as possible i can see that with the way launch went seriosly they can't get 2 peoplde to do the guides and with them not considering a wipe but  had my doubt make me even more doubtful.

The servers were quiet on first day of open beta no one was talking people rushed to 50 for this competition i didn't i thought it was bad idea i don't know how many people got to end game but some have left complaining that there is nothing to do of course there is nothing to do only so many people rushed in the competition and there wasn't that many to start with because you need people for end game content another mess up by webzen plus also the players fault but it was encouraged this game play by Webzen.

There is a faction problem it seems both Asu factions way out number the Ora factions i don't know why developers don't put an automatic block on faction access when one get like a quarter or a third more populated until waiting until it's to late.

I stuck it out not many people being around but i know some people will leave straight away this is why it needs a wipe and a live launch the world is big the population is low  i used to go round low level areas helping new people with public quests and buffing them with my healer buffs and giving away free gear goodluck with the new players now you will find some friendly people but i wouldn't expect a lot of people come rushing to help if you need any i didn't see many other higher levels helping out.

You know when a publisher doesn't want to invest to much man power, cash and time into a game it's not going to end well.

Post edited by AnnaTS on
  • cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I'm getting this error "Over login fail count"... already tried making new account, still getting this error. Any idea? I can't open a ticket, because I can't login in the webzen website.

• shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    I don't have time for Black Desert anymore. So I think games like these, which are still mmorpg's but still let you get something done in an hour, are more my speed. And I'm enjoying so far but I am VERY worried about its future.

Unfortunately, due to its lovely Asian setting, it would better serve them if they put in some kind of positive testimonial in their ads so people don't mistake it for some chintzy browser/mobile game.

"This is a 100% totally legit mmorpg I swear" - some random player