Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So now that its released...

2»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    CrazKanuk said:

Actually, your original question was "what is the 'massive' player cap". Judging my your quotes around 'massive' I felt like you were being passive aggressive in revisiting the subject about whether or not this was an MMO. Maybe you weren't my 'bad' I'll try not to read too much into stuff I guess. 
    Then let me help correct it

'what is the max player cap'?

sorry for the misunderstanding and improper posting would you happen to know the answer to the above question in bold

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Actually, your original question was "what is the 'massive' player cap". Judging my your quotes around 'massive' I felt like you were being passive aggressive in revisiting the subject about whether or not this was an MMO. Maybe you weren't my 'bad' I'll try not to read too much into stuff I guess. 

sorry for the misunderstanding and improper posting would you happen to know the answer to the above question in bold

Gawd! Who cares? Lol ;P 

Seriously though, I have no clue. I haven't even seen anything speculative anywhere yet. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    tawess said:
    Talonsin said:

On a side note, why dont video games have to follow the same laws of advertising as everything else?  I dont understand how they get away with promoting features and gameplay modes that are not in the final product.  If the PS4 advertised it has bluray and then shipped without it there would be a massive uproar but when games ship missing many promised features its like we give them a pass
    This goes for most of entertainment media with the movie biz being the worst offender (trailers especially) it seems that for most part the media part of it gets a free pass. Hardware otoh is much more regulated.
    The food industry seems to get a pass on this aswell.

When was the last time you got a burger that looked like the picture?

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

CrazKanuk said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Gawd! Who cares? Lol ;P 

Seriously though, I have no clue. I haven't even seen anything speculative anywhere yet. 
    fair enough its just a question looking for an answer if you dont have it then fine.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    laserit said:

Depends on the picture i'd say.

I'm getting these all the time, exactly like the picture:

• JohnxboyJohnxboy Member UncommonPosts: 104
    tawess said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    tawess said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    what is the 'massive' player cap?
    does it matter?
    During beta I had mentioned a few times that '24 is hardly massive' and the response I got that was near attack was 'we dont know what the number will be at release' such a statement impiles that it does matter and implies that 24 is not massive.

During that time I had responded that its extremely unlikely that beta numbers would be far from release numbers. can someone for once just set aside the pride and for once just answer this question. give me one, a crumb, something I will lick it off the floor if I have too

But as many have noted. We are going to have to either A: relegate the MMO moniker to the past or B: redefine it. Because the age of WoW and it´s contemporaries are gone. 
    Neither because WoW has 5 million subs still (or at least like 4.5m) and there are plenty of other mmos with thousands of players. So gone is that dumb comment, not any monikers or what have you.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Phry said:
    On the other hand, it is Ubisoft, and once again they have been caught out telling a few porkies about their game, in this case, its the one where Ubisoft claimed they would give console players the option of adjusting a few things in the options to improve framerate/gameplay, turns out they didn't and there isn't any.
    Which leaves even PS4 owners with a dodgy 30 fps experience, although of the two they are the only ones to at least get 1080.
    Wonder if people will be asking for refunds because the developer lied about their product before launch?
    So they lied to their consumers once again. Glad i didnt pre order. I'll happily play the game when the price drops.

I am a bit unclear how we knew what the cap was during beta but now that its life nobody can find out.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Volgore said:
    laserit said:

Depends on the picture i'd say.

I'm getting these all the time, exactly like the picture:

Yupp, my local Burgerking most often than not serves this and call it a whopper.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    SEANMCAD said:
    I am a bit unclear how we knew what the cap was during beta but now that its life nobody can find out.
    Quite simply.. players "confirmed" the cap by getting entire groups together in the DZ until they could no longer do so, and they were able to get a full 24 players in a zone there.  Its much harder to do in the live game.. especially since, as far as I know, very few people have reached the end level bracket, which, conceivably would be the end all of dark zones that should allow you to go anywhere without worrying about mobs outleveling you.

SEANMCAD said:
    Quite simply.. players "confirmed" the cap by getting entire groups together in the DZ until they could no longer do so, and they were able to get a full 24 players in a zone there.  Its much harder to do in the live game.. especially since, as far as I know, very few people have reached the end level bracket, which, conceivably would be the end all of dark zones that should allow you to go anywhere without worrying about mobs outleveling you.
    not 100% clear on this just yet.

Are we saying we just need 24 maxed players who are all willing to try this experiment out and we are waiting for that to happen?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    tawess said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    what is the 'massive' player cap?
    does it matter?
    Well to me it does and depends solely on the maps/size/layout.Any game i have ever pvp in if there are too many or too crowded i leave.
    I liek to have room and space when i pvp,just you or anyone would in real life.Last hing i would do is see 10 0people in some small 100 foot block radius and think ...wahhoooo let's go in,well maybe if i had a  Awnold with me cuz well he rocks the Rambo.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Are we saying we just need 24 maxed players who are all willing to try this experiment out and we are waiting for that to happen?
    Dude we get it. You don't think this game should be advertised as a MMO. I agree. It's obviously not. But this troll thread has run its course. Give it up. Between unbiased opinions about what a MMO is and the very biased views on you and your post history you are not going to get any satisfaction on this issue.

I agree it's not a MMO in any sense of the term. Are you satisfied now? ;)

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Noticed Steam reviews were mixed which is about a fifty/fifty like and dislike so far.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/

Positives: 5,240
    Negatives: 2,794

Thats not 50/50
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Technically you would need a minimum of 24 players in the same bracket, in 2 DZ areas and see what it looks like to have them move back and forth between them, and if it phases them... that would be a start. 

Even still its highly unlikely you'd ever see 100 players in the same area... its just not plausible.  I firmly believe the 24 player "cap" is a tiered cap, multiplied by 6 across all of the DZ areas.  So technically, the cap of the dark zone in its entirety *should* be about 144 players.  Still not "massive" by MMO standards like GW2, but its something.  Hell even 24 players was something.

• NeverForgetLoveNeverForgetLove Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Noticed Steam reviews were mixed which is about a fifty/fifty like and dislike so far.

Thats not 50/50
    I would never believe in the ratio of positive and negative reviews on Steam especially of AAA games.

To take Fallout 4 as an example: Within a single month they had like 30k+ positive reviews right after they got flooded by a crapload of negative ones plus tons of shitstorms on Steam forums and its discussion boards. Buying positive feedback is not just limited to likes on facebook, you can buy positive reviews on nearly every social, trading or general review platform there is on the internet.

Thats not 50/50
    I would never believe in the ratio of positive and negative reviews on Steam especially of AAA games.

To take Fallout 4 as an example: Within a single month they had like 30k+ positive reviews right after they got flooded by a crapload of negative ones plus tons of shitstorms on Steam forums and its discussion boards. Buying positive feedback is not just limited to likes on facebook, you can buy positive reviews on nearly every social, trading or general review platform there is on the internet.
    HOWEVER...

games like Kerbal Space program and 7DTD have held a consistent daily active players of around 3k per day for several years and both have maintained high review status over the course of at least 2 years..

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SEANMCAD said:

Thats not 50/50

HOWEVER...

games like Kerbal Space program and 7DTD have held a consistent daily active players of around 3k per day for several years and both have maintained high review status over the course of at least 2 years..
    Never played 7DTD but Kerbal Space Program is a masterpiece. I think KSP should be mandatory in schools. 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

Thats not 50/50

Yeah, I call this The Metacritic Paradox. Metacritic seems like a sound idea. Instead of allowing those corrupt journalists make reviews, listen to your peers. Until you discover that the vast majority of the public is adding 10s and 0s with comments like "just evening things out."

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    laserit said:

The Habit does a remarkably good job of making their burgers look almost identical to the picture. It was uncanny the first time I ate there. And it was a good burger too, it wasn't made of plastic or had the lettuse glued to stay in place or anything.

That being said, that is also the only place I've ever eaten at where the food did look like the picture. In-n-Out comes close sometimes, but the cheese always sticks to the wrapper and makes a mess...

Most fast food it looks like a blind orangutang made your sandwich without knowing what any of the ingredients are, then the sandwich got stuck in a Uber driver's front pants pocket for about a week, before being microwaved and wrapped haphazardly and given to you for consumption.
  • VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    It is kind of funny. I searched quite a few sites just to see what people thought of the game. Saw more positives than negatives, but a lot said best if you had some friends to play together. Out of all that was said, not one person ever called the game an MMO. They always called it a co-op game.

This is like the only place that people insist on calling non MMOs, MMOs, even when the developers say it is not an MMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다