Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

crafting

I been poking around about more information on crafting.  Is there any information on this yet that anyone has found?  The only thing I found was a facebook post and forum post talking about what people think.  

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2016
    The one area i have not seen a single thing on but i have not looked either.
    Only thing i did was look at their main page of game ideas and i do like a lot of what i saw.

I have no doubt this game is going to be different than most.As most every single game you either love it or hate it,this game will be like i love 70% and hate 30% lol.Basically i see and as i would expect knowing Brad and how he thinks is great ideas,only the implementation will be bad in SOME areas.

I feel as far as crafting goes,he needs to definitely 100% stay away from the generic design of the EQ/VG series.I am not about to draw up the entire crafting idea in a forum thread,i just know he needs to change his ideas on crafting.

My main gripe is TIERED crafting,basically every tier is just a replacement tier for the last tier,that is a lazy boring crafting design,sure works nice for the developer but not fun for the crafters.

An easy example would be to craft Healing 1.Instead of tier 2 is healing 2 and tier 3 is healing 3,i would rather see spells scale and improve via crafting implants of gear and stat add-ons.I know this means MORE spells and abilities which means more work but hey that is what i expect if i going to implant myself long term in a game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I would love to see more of a SWG type crafting where an item has a range of outcomes from crafting that item.  But the outcome comes from skill and mats, if you know how to make the components to make a staff for example that increases fire damage spells by 400 Damage its done because you know which mats are the best for certain stats.  So skill and knowledge play a major role in the crafting of a item.  
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Judging from the discussions where Pantheon staff has participated, they seem set on copying vg crafting. At least that is the only system they have mentioned and replying positive to. Other systems like eq2 (the best crafting ever :D haha kill me) or more inventive systems have not been mentioned.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited March 2016
    The information is a little old, but the round table discussion from early 2015 spoke of crafting and that they now intend to have it in at launch (they did not originally). That may be subject to change, because since then, developers have said they "hope to launch with an awesome crafting system", but that, "if it's not awesome, [they] would prefer to wait."  

So we can expect to have a good crafting system, but it may not be fully fleshed out. It may end up being like EQ in that they expand the system down the road adding amazing rare crafted items. Folks may not even remember, but after EQ launched, they added crafted items and armors to their originally very basic system which were quite valuable and powerful. Especially the racial and class armors in Kunark and Velious. They were actually somewhat rare because, unlike crafting in other MMOs, they were not easy to craft (both rarity of components and the skill needed to be successful).

I certainly hope they have a great crafting system at launch. I would hate to see Pantheon become yet another "combat and adventuring only" type of MMO. I think its imperative to see many forms of gameplay if Terminus is to truly feel like a virtual world.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536