Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Botters and Gold Farmers Put On Notice

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageBotters and Gold Farmers Put On Notice

The ArcheAge site has good news for most players, bad news for those who choose to use third-party bots and hacks. A new program has been put into place that has significantly improved the team's ability to detect the use of bots and to subsequently put into play new enforcement rules.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    This is sort of like doing cosmetic surgery on a corpse at this point isnt it?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Technically they are saying they will detect more bots this way.
    Maybe that's even true - it doesn't mean more bots will be banned though.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Wonder if its there tech or something from Korea.
    If it is something Trion can update at the leasure it could be good.
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    you have to read the thread the comments brought a small to my face , personally i have nothing against archage but its just not my cup of tea
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    edited March 2016
    Good for em. But I would instaban em all. Theres no "Oops, I accidently thriggered this bot program. Sry. My bad"... Peeps that hack etc know what they are doing and don't deserve a warning. This is a rly good game suffered by a bad launch. Things like this is a step in the right direction at least.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    This game is not a dead fish to me, it's a very enjoyable, mostly relaxing, sometimes frustrating online world. That's not something many games can claim.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Good start. Next, get rid of the pay to win crafting system. Once that's done I'll give it another go.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Question is if they are Invading "Privacy" like the Koreans do with Game Guard, or XingCode3, are they scanning harddrives for illegal programs installed, or just obtaining a list of running applications on a users computer while the game is running, and what about false positives I do have cheat engine installed but never use it to cheat online games, and those who do use WTFast and get banned for sharing the same IP address with a cheater.

Too many unanswered questions Trion needs to answer.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    to late
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    From reading the forums it looks like just another half assed attempt and PR move by Trion to try and make them and this abortion of a game look better.

Looks like a lot of people were insta banned (no warning) because they were running something they used (legitimately) for Fallout 4. Yet I am sure the actual botters and hackers who know how to mask the programs they use are still playing unhindered.

The ONLY thing that would make this relevant is well if it actually worked, and secondly if they did a complete wipe of the game and basically started fresh. The game economy was destroyed the first week of release and only got worse. So all that stuff is still there and even if they get a few guys they wont get them all and the guys they get will continue to make accounts, because theyre free and move on.

Not that it really matters anyway because the whole in game economy revolves around real world money transactions, and an RNG system that cant be real.

Game is good for people for maybe a couple months then it becomes a farmville simulator, because even if they do stop the hacks 100% the 'end game' is still PvP which is 100% pay to win and without spending real world cash you have zero chance of being competitive.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

Scambug said:

Good start. Next, get rid of the pay to win crafting system. Once that's done I'll give it another go.

Crafting is not pay2win, it is the regrade system that is pay2win or pay for higher chance. Honestly the regrade system would have been considered good if they were not selling regrade charms and lucky sunpoints in cash shop. Has been suggested many times to put them in game through loot RNG, they could make shit load of money without selling them directly and selling loot drop chance increase pots.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Renoaku said:

Question is if they are Invading "Privacy" like the Koreans do with Game Guard, or XingCode3, are they scanning harddrives for illegal programs installed, or just obtaining a list of running applications on a users computer while the game is running, and what about false positives I do have cheat engine installed but never use it to cheat online games, and those who do use WTFast and get banned for sharing the same IP address with a cheater.

Too many unanswered questions Trion needs to answer.

Those are not being used in Trion version, in fact Trion removed gameguard from AA long time ago because it started to falsely mark people who were using WTFast and other latency improvement software. They accidentally reinstated it for a day or 2 and then removed it again. What they are doing now i think is using server side script to check if the request from client are genuine or some other form of inaccuracy has been added to it, for example if i want to use a program to reveal location of treasure it will send a request to database through client; the new program would see the request and match it with available request that a player client can make to database and find that it is mismatch and it will close the account instantly.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Too little, too late.

I am actually surprised to see this move by Trion. I would guess that botters and gold farmers are the only ones still playing AA.
    DMKano said:

rodarin said:

Log in and you'll see that even on low pop servers there is no 16x16 to claim anywhere
    Well thats good to know , thx for the update as we are all now aware that all the land was/and has been snacthed up by gold farmers with land hacks , to sell for outrageous prices... ...  No way i would go back into this game ..
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

rodarin said:

Log in and you'll see that even on low pop servers there is no 16x16 to claim anywhere
    Well thats good to know , thx for the update as we are all now aware that all the land was/and has been snacthed up by gold farmers with land hacks , to sell for outrageous prices... ...  No way i would go back into this game ..
    Thanks for your "expert" insight in a game you don't even play or don't keep tabs on. /sarcasm

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Thanks for your "expert" insight in a game you don't even play or don't keep tabs on. /sarcasm
    Well, leaving that gold seller part out, valid point.

Just because there are no 16x16 to claim does not mean high game population, it only implies supply shortage.
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Eh, a year or two late on that. The worst of it was the land hacking imo, would be interesting to see if they resolved that.
    DMKano said:

There is space for over 5000 16x16 spots per server, and those all need a subscription to own.

It's means an active playerbase of several thousand per server which is what the game is designed for.

Does it have million of players still - no but there are 250k+ still playing which is normal for a niche game like ArcheAge. 
    That would only apply if 1 16x16  land = 1 player, which it doesn't.

Source for that +250k?
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    DMKano said:

There is space for over 5000 16x16 spots per server, and those all need a subscription to own.

It's means an active playerbase of several thousand per server which is what the game is designed for, and still many don't own any land - I don't for example (my guild shares land).

Does it have million of players still - no but there are 250k+ still playing which is normal for a niche game like ArcheAge. 

That isn't really a good indicator of the playerbase though. I have a mansion and several 24x24's. My friend has a mansion, chalet, and over 30 - 24x24 properties between his 5 accounts. There are a lot of players that hold multiple properties. Add in the fact that the shitty placement system leaves a lot of unusable sections of land.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    karmath said:
    Eh, a year or two late on that. The worst of it was the land hacking imo, would be interesting to see if they resolved that.
    Yeah agreed.  Although some have told me that bots and hackers weren't much of an issue anymore so it's weird that they're still around and have to be put "on notice".

Btw, it's kind of weird to put bots and hackers "on notice".  It's like, "OK guys, stop all the botting or hacking or we're going to get you.  This time we mean it.  Really."

Seems like maybe they should just ban them.  But this is Trion we're talking about here.
    edited March 2016
    DMKano said:
    No quatable source sorry but even if you are a skeptic that number falls within under 20% of core playerbase of launch numbers, which is tried and true in mmo space with WoW and EvE being the exeptions.
    Retention rate does not refer to decline or increase in customer base, it only refers to number of customers before and now, within time period.

While it might be true that in 6 months there will be only 20% of customers left from the launch peak, it does not imply in any way that there will be same number of players in following 6 months onward.
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

rodarin said:

Did play for a quite  along time ... but got sick of the hacks and cheats , one in particlar was the land hack (does your expert insight deny that) ,        /uselesssarcasm...
    DMKano said:

unclemo said:
    Too little, too late.

I am actually surprised to see this move by Trion. I would guess that botters and gold farmers are the only ones still playing AA.

Actually a sign of bots and gold sellers means there are still buyers.

A sure sign of a dead MMO game is the lack of gold sellers heh.

Also another sign of a lot of bots and goldsellers is a badly managed and coded game
    karmath said:
    Yeah agreed.  Although some have told me that bots and hackers weren't much of an issue anymore so it's weird that they're still around and have to be put "on notice".

Btw, it's kind of weird to put bots and hackers "on notice".  It's like, "OK guys, stop all the botting or hacking or we're going to get you.  This time we mean it.  Really."

Seems like maybe they should just ban them.  But this is Trion we're talking about here.
    Read forum post from celestrata, they found legit players using some programs for farming, that can place farms with 0% placement wastage and also put in crops and livestock with 0% placement wastage. Meaning that you don't accidentally become a dick and place farm in a wrong way and run it for 2 or more players by wasting space and also while farming you don't waste space by wrongly placing stuff. They are on notice not to use these programs again. Botters who are botting for gold farming or other purpose like afk honor farming are banned instantly.

Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:

rodarin said:

Did play for a quite  along time ... but got sick of the hacks and cheats , one in particlar was the land hack (does your expert insight deny that) ,        /uselesssarcasm...
    By quite a long time you mean the 1st few months when they were still using game guard and had no in house hack detection and had no help from XL to get a proper hack detector coded. It has nearly been 1 and half years since then, you obviously an "expert" or probably psychic if you can claim that land hackers are still there despite not playing for so long. /sarcasm