Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going very "personal"

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
How straight or gay are you? LOL, j/k...Let's see how MMO gamers do in real life.

What do you do for $ in real life (if you ever need em)?
Are you currently working/employed or self employed?
What would motivate you to start working?
Where/how did you meet your ex or current girlfriend/boyfriend?
How old are you?
Beside MMO/gaming sites, what other sites you visit on a daily basis (beside the obvious like youtube, facebook, etc.)?
How fat are you? LOL, another j/k...
Do you live with your parents? If not with who else or alone?
Do you lift? LOL, another j/k..
Sucks that I can't ask if you are religious? Oh well...
What else you do for hobbies?
Do you drive a car?
Which city do you live in?

Anyways, you don't have to answer on all questions if you aren't too comfortable. So, I'll start...

What do you do for $ in real life (if you ever need em)? Used to be online poker.
Are you currently working/employed or self employed? Nope.
What would motivate you to start working? Girlfriend!
Where/how did you meet your ex or current girlfriend/boyfriend? I've tried online dating, but no luck yet.
How old are you? 30
Beside MMO/gaming sites, what other sites you visit on a daily basis (beside the obvious like youtube, facebook, etc.)?
I visit space.com and other technology news sites like iflscience. I also follow often NBA.
How fat are you? LOL, another j/k... Oh well, I'll answer it. Kinda skinny and kinda happy about it, but would suck truly if I was fat.
Do you live with your parents? If not with who else or alone? I live with my dad.
Do you lift? LOL, another j/k..  I actually used to, but then I got chest pain for a while, now I just stretch :)
What else you do for hobbies? I watch lots of tv series and that's it.
Do you drive a car? No
Which city do you live in? Toronto

I mean, I got sick of the many same or similar threads I keep seeing around here, so this hopefully spices things up. If you ever wonder how other MMO players do in real life, this is the place :) You can also add other questions you are curious about, I would gladly add to thread.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2016
    My apologies to the OP and others. I bumped my asshat switch. Trying to find a better place to hide it.
    Post edited by Grunty on
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    edited March 2016
    How do you people who don't drive a car get around. Like, how do you get food and stuff, how do you get to work, is public transport so good that you really don't need one?

I'm always amazed when I hear some people in their 20s or 30s say they don't drive. Like....how do you people even survive. I would love to stop driving my car, but that would mean public transport would have to be amazing, it's not.
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Strange topic, but ok, I'll play.

Lab tech - Military trained, been a civie for 10 years now.

Gotta make dat paper.  Working right now actually, and bored on night shift, hence the reason I'm replying in this facebook type survey thread.

Getting fired?

Lol, what's a girlfriend?  No seriously, I've meet women all over the place (school, work, mutual friend, etc.).  Currently single though.

How old are you?

Nasa, theblaze, anandtech, many others I'm sure.

Weighed 330 just over a year ago.  Back down to 226 now at 6'1" and feeling great.

Own my own home.  My brother rents a room from me.

Can't anymore.  Old injuries and what not.  I do get cardio in about twice a week though.

Wait.  You're cool asking how fat we are and how gay we are, but religion is off topic?  What a world we live in these days.

I build computers, for one.  I also love cars.  Just put a dual disc clutch in my 2500 Cummins.  Doing deletes and exhaust / tune next week.

Do you drive a car?

Nope.  I drive a truck.  Miss me with that gas sipper stuff :awesome: 

Raleigh, NC

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    edited March 2016

Mickey Mouse imposter

Potatoes

More cheese

Chuck E Cheese

How old are you?

Old enough for Chuck E Cheese.

Cheese

More Cheese please.

I live with my love for cheese, and desire for more mouse less potatoes.

Only cheese

All hail the mighty cheese god.

What else you do for hobbies? Cheese

Do you drive a car? No, too busy with cheese.

The one with the most cheese.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2016
    The question about HOW TO and driving.
    I can answer that lol

I have always driven ,my entire life since i was like 17.Well recently i had a heart attack and lost my license.Let me tell you the stress and just overall feeling of despair set in,i was so  used to it for  over 35 years.

Now to the good news :)

I soon started to walk more,that is a good thing,began to realize over time that i could get around and do anything,like using the bus or just plain walking.I have always been able to walk for miles without any difficulty,even 1 day after heart surgery i was walking a mile to the mall,well because i was fidgety lol.

For the real tough situations you can use a cab/taxi.Bottom line is it is not that difficult and makes for a healthier person.Fast forward i got my license back and am driving again but still make sure to get in walking and taking dogs for long walks.I actually make a purpose of it to walk to store instead of driving now.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited March 2016
    Kopogero said:

What do you do for $ in real life (if you ever need em)? Everyone needs $, I earn mine as a Technology Program Manager in a financial institution
    Are you currently working/employed or self employed? Slave to the corporate machine
    What would motivate you to start working?  Start? I didn't realize it was an option. Now I figure out ways to stop working (retire) sooner rather than later.
    Where/how did you meet your ex or current girlfriend/boyfriend? Wife of 33 years, met in a bar, she was trying to "witness" to me. (she succeeded on several fronts)
    How old are you? I have children older than the OP.  [58]
    Beside MMO/gaming sites, what other sites you visit on a daily basis (beside the obvious like youtube, facebook, etc.)? Obvious eh, even those are option.  Pretty much...nothing besides gaming sites actually, unless I'm looking something specifically up.  No time to randomly peruse the internet.
    How fat are you? LOL, another j/k... lets just say my BMI is higher than it should be, and no jokes (see hobbies)
    Do you live with your parents? If not with who else or alone? ER, I pay for my home, do you know of someone I could move in with for free?
    Do you lift? LOL, another j/k.. Used to, now it's pretty much walking, running or biking
    Sucks that I can't ask if you are religious? Oh well... Sure you can ask, very Christian, a bit of student of the Bible in its many versions.
    What else you do for hobbies? There are other hobbies?  Oh yes, a bit of a fascination with firearms (hence the no jokes comment above), dabble in photography, take care of 4 cats and a dog, oh yes, and entertain the wife, one of the most challenging activities.
    Do you drive a car? Since 1973.  (think the Flintstones car).  Since 2000, nothing but pick up trucks, great for hauling trash, dead bodi.... er, yard waste and what not. :p
    Which city do you live in? Paradise City, FL.  (OK, on the map they call it "Tampa", how droll)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited March 2016
    Kiyoris said:
    How do you people who don't drive a car get around. Like, how do you get food and stuff, how do you get to work, is public transport so good that you really don't need one?

I'm always amazed when I hear some people in their 20s or 30s say they don't drive. Like....how do you people even survive. I would love to stop driving my car, but that would mean public transport would have to be amazing, it's not.
    I live in a city. Got rid of my car years and years ago. 

I either take public Transportation or taxis and it's still less expensive than owning a car.

Public Transportation in Boston is the easiest thing. I walk outside, walk down the street and can be downtown in 15 to 20 minutes.

edit: I should add, after reading Wizardy's post, that "yes" I also walk places. Additionally, I walk home from work every day. Takes about 20 - 25 minutes.
    Post edited by Sovrath on
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097

What the heck, I'll bite too.

What do you do for $ in real life (if you ever need em)? *** I sell paint
    Are you currently working/employed or self employed? ***  Yes
    What would motivate you to start working?  *** Paying rent, buying food, etc...
    Where/how did you meet your ex or current girlfriend/boyfriend?  *** (Wife) at church
    How old are you? *** 58 (been married 31 years)
    Beside MMO/gaming sites, what other sites you visit on a daily basis (beside the obvious like youtube, facebook, etc.)?  *** Manga sites mostly, but also FoxNews and some tech sites
    How fat are you? LOL, another j/k... *** about 50 pounds over, thanks to a thyroid problem.  I fixed the thyroid problem and stopped gaining, but losing it is pretty damn tough...
    Do you live with your parents? If not with who else or alone? *** I live with my wife in a townhouse.
    Do you lift? LOL, another j/k..  *** just buckets of paint
    Sucks that I can't ask if you are religious? Oh well...  *** Yep, and not afraid to say so!
    What else you do for hobbies?  *** Read manga, write short stories and novels, cook
    Do you drive a car? *** Yep
    Which city do you live in?  *** Philadelphia is SE of where I live

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

By day I'm an office Administrator/HR Admin and by night I'm a composer.

Yup, working for a great biotech company.

Where/how did you meet your ex or current girlfriend?

How old are you?

48 going to be 49 in April

News sites.

I need to lose 10 lbs.

Have a roommate

Play classical guitar and draw.

Do you drive a car?

Nope, live in a city and don't need a car.

Boston Area

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    How straight or gay are you?
    I'm regular Straight  and very poorly gay.

I'm an IT director for a call center and run a Food Community Website

Yes to all 3.

Money, fame, riches... but mostly money.

Through a mutual friend.

How old are you?

Usually Facebook/Instagram/MyWebsite for work stuff. General Food Related things.  News sites as well .. and IMGUR.

How fat are you?
    200 lbs,   up 30 lbs since I started this food community a year ago. I can't turn down free meals from great restaurants. 
    I do not live with my parents. My best friend and his wife are staying with me right now. My GF stays with me when she doesn't have her kids.

Do you lift?
    Yes, yes I do.  I have a gym in the front room of my house that rarely gets used. I think my last bench was 140, but that was a few months ago, and I've eaten 27 hamburgers since then.

Sucks that I can't ask if you are religious?
    No it doesn't suck that you can't ask if I am religious.

I eat, I put together events to eat, I cook, I write (usually much better than I do here, I promise) -- I like to hike, take pictures of things, read.

Do you drive a car?
    Yes. .

Houston

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I play piano in a bordello. My hobbies are video games and competitive napping, also known as "e-sportnap." I lift sandwiches and beer when available. I would not say that I am fat - more like well rounded. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Kiyoris said:

It depends on where you live and your marital status IMO. When I went to college, I rode a bike or walked everywhere. When I lived in the suburbs of Baltimore and commuted, I had to have a car. When I lived in the middle of Baltimore I could ride a bike, walk, or take a cab everywhere. Now that I'm married and have a kid, I have to own a car regardless of where I live. If you live in a big city and don't have to commute outside of the city to work, having no car isn't really a bad option.

I loved living in Baltimore. I could walk from my house to Pratt Street (main street) in about 30 minutes. I could walk to Camden Yards in about an hour. I could walk to the bars and restaurants in about 10 minutes. Being a young bachelor in a big  city was awesome lol. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Kiyoris said:

I went without a car for around five years.  Everything was close in the area I lived.  Work, grocery stores, movies, bars, were blocks away.  Plus I ordered stuff from Amazon.  I could rent a car on weekends but seldom needed to.  Now with Uber, and all the places that deliver groceries and all, I could probably do it again.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    having a car is only needed if dont live in cities or away from everything and even then im sure u can get a bus / train to nearly everything

i have a supermarket crossing the street and like 5 more in less than 1000m , for transport? bus at 2m walking , travel to center on bus is 5-10 min , beach at 20mins....bar/restaurants everywhere here , saturaday nights ,  i usually take a taxi if its raining (5€), on sunny days 15 min walking and already there :pleased:

outside of leaving the city i have 0 reasons to have a car , half the ppl that drive nowadays shouldnt have the license , they drive so badly ....makes me want to not drive again :(
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703

I'm a technical development manager in a small web development company. Essentially, I'm in charge of our team of developers, its part tech / part management sort of job. 

Full time employment (can't afford not to be!)

N/A. However, I've never been motivated to work. Despite working for 10 years, I hate every single minute of it and it is a daily challenge to motivate myself to get out of bed. There was a 6 month period where this wasn't the case, I worked in QA for a mid-sized games company in the UK so my job was testing games. It kicked ass, but paid peanuts and was short term contract :S 

Only thing that motivates me is having a serious purpose. I spend my days daydreaming about high level meaningful jobs. For example, I'd love to get into politics, but I only care about the high level stuff. I've also investigated intelligence-based jobs, got through a few stages in the application process before failing a test. 

Last girlfriend I met through LotRO. We used to do yearly guild meetups in London and just get trashed. My ex turned up having never really spoken to anyone in game, we hit it off and were together for 3 yrs. 

How old are you?

BBC News - Whilst it is a bit left-wing biased, it is a lot better than the majority of news outlets in the UK. 

I currently share a flat with my younger brother who is 27. I hate living alone and my bro is always skint so works out well.

I'm a staunch atheist and always have been. My childhood was plagued with church visits. My mum attempted to bring me up in the URC branch of christianity and I ended up spending some of my school years in a catholic school. Luckily, my brothers and I kicked up enough of a fuss that they stopped taking us and we eventually managed to get our mum to renounce her faith (she realised she was christian because of tradition, rather than genuine belief). 

Last summer I took up Roller Derby as a new sport. Has been a good way to meet women and is helping me get fit. Its also very alternative lifestyle type of sport, so loads of metal-heads, goths and weirdos to hang out with. Actually have my first bout end of the month. 

I also fish. I'm a pretty crap fisherman but having been a very indoors-y person throughout my 20s, I needed to get more fresh air. Is quite relaxing, can be fun when you get a biggun. Generally only do carp fishing. 

Beyond that, I love a "proper" smoke

Do you drive a car?

Yes - can't imagine living without one! Unless you live in London, everywhere else in the UK just flat out sucks for public transport. 

About an hour from London by car. 
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,703

Warlyx said:
    half the ppl that drive nowadays shouldnt have the license , they drive so badly ....makes me want to not drive again :(
    Lol, amen to that! I suffer from serious road rage when confronted by bad drivers. I mean, how hard is it to drive between the white lines?!?! Or how about reading road signs?! I've worn out the horn on my car from beeping too much lol. If I lived in the US, I should never be allowed a gun! I'd be too tempted to shoot out the tires of all the shit drivers just to get them off the road. Similarly, I regularly imagine myself as magneto from xmen, lifting the cars out of my way so I can drive like a normal person. Its not as if I speed all the time or drive dangerously, 13 years without any accidents now, clean license etc. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Warlyx said:
    having a car is only needed if dont live in cities or away from everything and even then im sure u can get a bus / train to nearly everything

i have a supermarket crossing the street and like 5 more in less than 1000m , for transport? bus at 2m walking , travel to center on bus is 5-10 min , beach at 20mins....bar/restaurants everywhere here , saturaday nights ,  i usually take a taxi if its raining (5€), on sunny days 15 min walking and already there :pleased:

outside of leaving the city i have 0 reasons to have a car , half the ppl that drive nowadays shouldnt have the license , they drive so badly ....makes me want to not drive again :(
    Where I live driving is a lot like being an extra on the set of Mad Max  :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Kiyoris said:

I don't think it's that hard for a lot of people. Depends where you live. If I still lived in Vancouver Canada I would have got a license by now (45), but living in Tokyo a car totally isn't required. I still want to get a license for holiday travel, but it's such a pain here XD
  • neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I am currently a full-time student in my last undergraduate semester. I am at the top of the list for several civil service jobs, so I expect to be working in housing or transportation soonish. I was called for one of those jobs already, but they needed me to start NOW, and I really can't until I graduate.

See above

I went back to college because I was sick and tired of working very hard at crap jobs for very little money. I am so ready to get back to work now!

Married. Met online.

How old are you?

Duolingo

Entirely too fat, and I have put on more weight over the winter. Time to get back on the wagon and drop the weight. My daughter is a runner and has decided she's my coach. She has no mercy. 

I live with my husband and 4 of my 7 kids. 

I'd really like to take up some strength training. Going to concentrate on cardio and yoga for now.

That was a funny non-question question. Yes, but that's too personal.

I study languages. And I create languages. I also like to crochet. 

Do you drive a car?
    Yes.

Moving back to Pittsburgh the second I graduate. Currently in Johnstown, PA... where I am running out of places to take my kids that they won't be exposed to drug activity. Someone overdosed in the library bathroom, ffs.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126
    How straight or gay are you? LOL, j/k...Let's see how MMO gamers do in real life. 
    I'm very straight.

I work for the company that issues those standardized tests which you've probably taken in school.  

Yes.

I'm already working, got to make money to survive.

I met my current girlfriend on Facebook.

How old are you?

Ebaumsworld, Crazyshit, 4chan, and 8chan.

I don't mind answering.  I'm 6' and hover around 215. I don't know how much body fat I have though.

I live alone for now, my girlfriend and I plan to get a place together later in the year.

The last time I lifted was during the summer but I've switched over to DDP Yoga and do that 3 times a week.  The main reason for the switch was I just wanted something to do at home that didn't involve a high-impact workout.  

I'll answer anyway, I'm an atheist.  Both my parents are religious but they never forced their religion on me so that eventually lead me to atheism.  I never felt the need for religion to be in my life but I don't any problem with religious people, just don't shove it down my throat and we're good.

I play around in Photoshop, I'm no pro though and I just do basic photo manipulation.  

Do you drive a car?
    Yes, a 2006 Hyundai Accent.

Virginia Beach but I was born and raised in San Diego, CA.  I ended up out here while I was in the navy and decided to stay out on the east coast for a bit.  

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited March 2016

I would say straight to very straight.....

What do you do for $ in real life (if you ever need em)? Department of Defense civilian.

Are you currently working/employed or self employed? Employed

Where/how did you meet your ex or current girlfriend/boyfriend? We met in high school. Have been married for going on 13 years in December.

How old are you? 31

How fat are you? LOL, another j/k... Lean 185

Do you live with your parents? If not with who else or alone? I live with my wife, our children and dog. My son is 11 and my daughter is 8.

Do you lift? LOL, another j/k.. Yes, 5-6 days a week.

Sucks that I can't ask if you are religious? Nope

What else you do for hobbies? Besides gaming I don't have many. I was active duty Army for 8 years and missed a lot of time with my family. Now that I'm not in the military I spend most of my time with them just enjoying all the things I missed.

Do you drive a car? 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited

Which city do you live in? Ankeny, Iowa

• larryp11233larryp11233 Member UncommonPosts: 97
    edited May 2016
    - classified information :awesome: 
    - nopey
    - if its not just work for me but also a passion of mine
    - hahahaha...haha....ha...
    How old are you?
    - not too old yet not too young :)
    - the verge & gamereactor
    -classified information
    - painting and playing piano
    Do you drive a car?
    - does starting the engine counts? if not then nopey
    -classified information

B)
    Post edited by larryp11233 on