Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade the site already

ThinmanThinman Member Posts: 461

This site is great for all things MMOGs.. it's an interesting forum to come to and discuss MMOGs. The #1 and only problem with this site, is the load times. I can visit any other site and it'll pop up within 2 seconds. With this site, sometimes the wait is 30-40 seconds of loading, whether it's after you post something to the forums, or you switch to view the reviews on a game.

It's extremely annoying, and makes visiting much less worthwhile. If it weren't for this fact, I would visit much more often, and surely most everyone would say this. It makes the site feel unprofessional and under budget. Surely this is fixable?

Looking forward (cautiously) to: Age of Conan, Dark Solstice, Armada Online.

Will soon try: Guild Wars

Overall: Amazed and bewhildered at the current sad state of the artform of gaming.

Comments

• MonkeyFartsMonkeyFarts Member Posts: 45

Yeah they desperately need to improve the load times. This site would be a much more valuable resource if it were always loading speedily, as 99% of all the websites on the net do, rather than often times timing out or taking 30+ seconds to load a single page.

• ClaudeFRClaudeFR Member Posts: 376

I agree, the loadtimes are sometimes a PITA for such site.

Maybe when the advertisingcompanys stop placing banners here due to the loadtimes, something will change ::::39::

Claude

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Hey guys, your friendly neighborhood Community Manager here. I just wanted to say that we ARE listening, and we have definately recognized this as a porblem. Stay tuned. Good things are in the works.

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com

Originally posted by Stradden
    Hey guys, your friendly neighborhood Community Manager here. I just wanted to say that we ARE listening, and we have definately recognized this as a porblem. Stay tuned. Good things are in the works.

Thanks STradden.

Ive got a mail from your sitemanager.

The mail said you are aware of the overload and 3 more new servers are ordered and the
    site code was/is reprogrammed to match the load balancing mechanism.

Thank you for adressing it!

Claude

• sunguesungue Member Posts: 10

Its quite hard finding the games you want. So i suggest you guys should make categories such as Fantasy and Beta Testing.

Originally posted by sungue
    Its quite hard finding the games you want. So i suggest you guys should make categories such as Fantasy and Beta Testing.

I can help :)

Click on GAME LIST (menue, toppage)
    If you click on any header of the upcoming list (genre, rating etc.) you can sort the list by that criteria.
    That way, you can see all games of a genre in a "block".

Claude