Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SOE wants to buy AC 2

SupernerdSupernerd Member Posts: 342

hey

i herd from my good pal

that soe is wants to buy ac and ac 2 but they cant for some

reason but they are trying to make a deal to work

it out

lets keep our fingers crossed guys

cuz if it happens

ac2 could turn out

be the comeback game of the DECADE

i'll b sure 2

keep you guys in the know::::28::

Comments

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Yep, good thing you posted this garbage under rumors, 'cuz thats all this line of BS is.

Kinda funny how your friend knows more then anyone else on earth and that putting "SONY ASHERONS CALL" under Google produces no results regarding anything even closely similar to this bunch of garbage you posted.

Sony has done the packaging for the latest expansion of Asherons Call: Throne of Destiny. That's about as close as the actual facts are to your nonsense.

- Zaxx

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186

I would seriously doubt this.  Barely 6 months after the AC2 expansion came out, the game was history.  There was a very small user base.  I don't think that SOE, who already has a bunch of MMO games and 2 that are similar genre to AC2, would take on a game that is currently in the trash heap.

• winxwinx Member Posts: 12

what on earth would they do with it? If they wanted to buy it they would have done it before it shut down.

I don't get it, where did you even hear this?

• smm11235smm11235 Member Posts: 1

Yeah, I really don't see how this could happen. How would Sony be able to make money off of this when Turbine couldn't?

Even if they added it to their Station Access Pass, I doubt the number of new subscribers it would bring in would offset the cost of acquiring the game and maintaining the servers.

• InflictionInfliction Member Posts: 1,115

cuz if it happens

ac2 could turn out
    be the comeback game of the DECADE

Do you know what SOE does to games? It kills them faster... Its like a disease, once it gets done wrecking a new game it moves onto its next host for the fresh kill... All SOE might do for the game is allow more people to see how much the game sucked, and maybe change the gameplay ENTIRELY, thus getting rid of the old playerbase, bring in a few 13 year olds that play for a day, then shut the game down entirely.