Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give it a try y'all!!!

SurrealFieUpSurrealFieUp Member UncommonPosts: 19
Heard about this the other day and though to myself,  ooh another 'Planet Side 2!'  Only it isn't, it's better?  It has a lot going on for it, and with a recent update there are lots of world events that help break up the grind of leveling.  I was going to give this game a nice write up, but then they decided to do a 26 hour server maintenance today (Who the Block does that??? Seriously stupid!) and so they're not getting the full love and attention that they deserve.
While the servers can lag a bit from time to time, and perhaps the 26 hours of downtime will remedy that situation, there is a full and rich world to explore in Firefall.  In contrast to that other title, there's a story mode every time you gain a level you get to test your skills against more and more challenging AI and maps.  There are puzzle quests and glider mazes to complete in these quests.  Also there's a feeling that you've accomplished something by living through to the end of the quest.  It isn't like most games where the finish is a guarantee.  The quests actually need some thought and skill to finish them.  Not many games do that these days!  Most other games just want to placate the people who bought it and offer up an experience too similar to all of its competitors.  I for one am sick and tired of regurgitated pablum and thankful for something to occupy my time that doesn't require the loss of brain cells to play.
Here's hoping the servers are back soon.  And that I get to see a few more people out there having fun with it too!

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I played it a lot when it was Open Beta (for like a year). I haven't been back since they pretty much overhauled it for the release, but I keep meaning to. It is pretty fun, I agree - the only real gripe I had back in open beta was that there was only 1 map, and while it wasn't exactly small, you did get pretty tired of it after a while.
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Played it since the first Closed  Beta. 

For me the game has gotten worse since the earlier builds.
  • Dampiel_szDampiel_sz Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Played it during closed beta, and enjoyed it very much. I keep my eyes on it and everytime a new update is revealed i hop back in and think... same as last time... made it worse again
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Ye, the game is great, but the company behind had not focused on player demands practically for the whole beta.
    They changed it and changed it and changed it and everytime something else was like the other and like the new whatever they brought.
    In the end it was all dull.

Aint saw it for .. since ArcheAge launched, but i had a great time in Firefall ..
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    The game has changed focus so many times I really can't remember all of its incarnations. The latest is definitely better than the content-less crafting sandbox some people here seem to praise as being the best version (it wasn't), but given how much development has changed over the years, there's no reason to believe it won't change again, or simply go under. 

Mark Kern's elimination came far too late to save the game. The graphics have gotten quite dated, the Chinese launch was a disaster, and the game is still having a hard time finding an identity. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Other than a lack of content version .7 was awesome. Crafting was great and I really like the sandbox feel of the game. I guess they felt the new players needed hand holding more so we got a quite different release and now a quite different version 1.6. Agree with above posters...the game has gone downhill with each overhaul. 
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I am not necroing right? This is a new post right?

Why I have the feeling of dejavu all over again and the tutorial and the first few quests feel familiarly awful? What year is this? 2014?

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Firefall is a great game in some ways, and poor in some other, but as a scifi shooter mmorpg the best one I have tried, and it actually has some potential depth. I gave it a try around a year ago till lvl 40, and decided to give it a rest till it had more content and time on its back, checked in again a month ago but frankly not much had happened, they don't even have the crafting system in yet.

I like the open world with dynamic events, but they require that some other player(s) also choose to join in otherwise they are mostly impossible.
    Classes are (were?) very interesting and with actual coop mechanics which is where Firefall outshines itscompetitors.
    Combat was fun and challenging, both for roaming the world doing quests and coop play events and instances.
    The idea of freeing areas from the "mist" (forgot what they call it), is awesome and the battle to unlock is kindda epic and require a good amount of players over many hours. This idea has good potential as content and mega events to get player community going if they put in enough reasons to do them.
    The style is an aquired taste, with realistic environment but highly stylized cartoonish character models, and this mix is wierd in a way.... But if you can get over that and past the railroaded first 10 levels, there is an interesting game opening up.

So yeah a good game already and lots of potential, but it didn't seem to have changed and matured much in a year which makes me wonder, what is going on?
  • Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Avoid this game people,is sinking fast and every day someone of the staff leave for another job,they pushed a patch that bugged 90% of the game,also bugged the database,many players can't enter game.
    Don't believe people that goes around spreading lies,if you want proof just go on official forum and read all the post.
  • SurrealFieUpSurrealFieUp Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Yeah, had to come back and bitch now.  So I posted this the other day when there was a long, thirty hour server maintenance.  Only they broke the game when they came back on line!  LOL.  
    There's a lot of potential with this game.  But so much is broken you can't ever really have fun.  Forget what I said and keep moving along.
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Played for a few months before the latest big patch, game seemed alright, it reminded me a lot of Defiance. The highlight was doing raids with my guild, other than that it's just grinding and leveling different classes. Haven't got around to playing it after the recent patch, heard a lot has changed but I do look forward to playing it and see for myself one day.
  • Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Played for a few months before the latest big patch, game seemed alright, it reminded me a lot of Defiance. The highlight was doing raids with my guild, other than that it's just grinding and leveling different classes. Haven't got around to playing it after the recent patch, heard a lot has changed but I do look forward to playing it and see for myself one day.
    I suggest you to wait for a better moment because I have done the mistake of patching and entering the game and I have lost my main character because of a scripting bug.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Sigh... and the ineptitude at Red5 continues... 
    I guess Mark Kern wasn't the only idiot in charge over there. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    DMKano said:
    I've given it about 10 tries over the years. Sadly for me it's gotten progressively worse with every iteration. 

Your milage may vary.
    ^This 
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    rawfox said:
    Ye, the game is great, but the company behind had not focused on player demands practically for the whole beta.
    They changed it and changed it and changed it and everytime something else was like the other and like the new whatever they brought.

Aint saw it for .. since ArcheAge launched, but i had a great time in Firefall ..
    I feel there is a terrible trend with gamers believing that their opinion should be taken as a guide for developers to create a good game. There are definitely things developers should take into consideration when there is a resounding issue among the majority of players invested or interested in a game, but the best games ever created up to this point were created with a vision, by the developers. 
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Nah I lost all my epics
    my Broken Peninsula mods
    Necro weapons are still the strongest in game, which have been deleted like three patches ago so it's pretty unfair

and now they did another complete schitzophrenic overhaul.

Not to say the core-base is very good.

I really enjoyed it and put lots of hours into it.

and then you get to know it ;-)

Enjoy the leveling !

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321

LazyDazed said:
    rawfox said:

I feel there is a terrible trend with gamers believing that their opinion should be taken as a guide for developers to create a good game. There are definitely things developers should take into consideration when there is a resounding issue among the majority of players invested or interested in a game, but the best games ever created up to this point were created with a vision, by the developers. 
    The original developers has a vision yes
    they're long gone though
    and it shows

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Ewww. No.