Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : MMOFTW - Bye Bye Scarlet Blade

2»

Comments

• KingOOKingOO Member UncommonPosts: 11

i am glad this game is dead....lots more like this have nothing good about them needs to go away. I like a great storyline that draws me in like a book make me makes me want to learn more about the lore But lots of game now only seem to look at end game and how to get players to cap fast . Only few games i can say that that made me love the lore and the storyline

1.Final Fantasy XI
    2.GuildWars
    3. EverQuest2
  • ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Happy Birthday Bill...Hope it was a great one...
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I don't get to praise the MMO community often but well done! You guys may have not let terrible games like Neverwinter Online and LOTRO die but at least you didn't support Scarlet Blade. Here's for voting with our wallets, lets continue that trend shall we.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

I don't get to praise the MMO community often but well done! You guys may have not let terrible games like Neverwinter Online and LOTRO die but at least you didn't support Scarlet Blade. Here's for voting with our wallets, lets continue that trend shall we.

Less variety is a good thing?
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Amathe said:
    RATS. I would have played this, if only for the novelty, had I known it existed. Hey @MikeB! There was a mmorpg featuring girls with big boobies and no heads up? WTH bro?
    I'm not that Mike. You're probably thinking of Mike B aka Fony. :)
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

scorpex-x said:

Less variety is a good thing?

You have a very loose definition of variety.....lol
  • Venom2506Venom2506 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I actually found SB's plot interesting, for the few days I played it. T&A aside, what killed it for me was that the gameplay was the usual boring stuff, and the grind, man, the grind. You leveled ok as you followed the quests, excepted they were tied to your level and you reached a point where you had completed all the quests, and you were a few levels under the one you needed for the next quests. And then, all there was to do was atrocious dailies.
    Combat was a slow, boring business. Loads of running around to find the needed patch of monsters.
    But it had its nice side, the pvp was fun, and turning into a giant robot was rather cool. The T&A deal aside (I ain't going to step into that one), design was rather inspired, some nice scenery, some nice monsters.
    But none of that can save a boring game.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Happy birthday!

And, good riddance Scarlet Blade -- from a marketing perspective sex may sell, but I think they missed the part of their course that mentioned it was for advertising, not the product itself.

Sex only sells to audiences that know what sex is.

Judging from the comments about sex and women by members of this genre, I'd say sex wouldn't sell at all to the majority of players.

Rude, yet hilarious. I LOL'd.