Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impossible!! How do you find time to play MMO's with spouse and kids?

1235»

Comments

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    My idea about this is...

If if you are a serious gamer, do not get married.
    If you really want to get married, for the love of Anubis, DO NOT MARRY A NON-GAMER person.
    You will have all sort of problems like when you wanna enjoy that laid back double xp weekend and she wants to go out and shopping, or travel, etc... Or when she asks you something in the middle of a raid and tell you to "pause" the goddam mmo...

Seriously guys, it's not worth the hassle.

And don't even get me started with kids... Can you imagine the amount of money you could spend on a cash shop on an mmo, if you didn't have to feed another mouth or buy clothes for the baby?

And please don't call me selfish. It's merely a lifestyle choice based on owns loving hobby and ways to maximize the pleasure one gets from it.

I agree but actually, these days, the selfish move is to HAVE kids. The planet is already over populated and it's future has never seemed more dismal.
    I feel sorry for kids being born these days, really.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

And please don't call me selfish. It's merely a lifestyle choice based on owns loving hobby and ways to maximize the pleasure one gets from it.
    I wouldn't call you selfish at all.

I certainly never want kids (I like them until they start getting annoying/moody, etc and then it's back to your parents time).

I love my life of going to plays, concerts, restaurants, taking trips to NY/Traveling, sleeping late etc.

Having a family would change that in ways that I would never want so therefore I only date women who don't want children. Problem solved. It's good that you recognize what you want from life and you don't make others suffer for how you want to live your life. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    A house and wife and kids...ur what we call GAME OVER !
    Sorry mann !

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Sovrath said:

While one must invest and "own" their responsibilities one doesn't have to give up their lives just because they have a family.

If you think having a family is "giving up your life", as opposed to "having a good life", may be you should not have a family.

Personally, i think those who wants a family should embrace it, and treat gaming as secondary. If you put gaming first, don't have kids. It is bad for them. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Get divorced and only see your kids every other weekend.... You should have plenty of time to play!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I play with my wife between 20:00 and 22:00 usually.
    Two kids now, one is 9 months, the other is 4.5 years old.

We hardly play mmos anymore though because of the time commitment.
    Surprisingly, I find the most family friendly mmo to be EVE as you don't have to grind out levels etc but rather level skills online and offline.

The 4.5 year old has started playing minecraft with us though, that is quite fun :)
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    thyraven said:
    I can only tell from my point of view. First off, get a decent wife, im married close to 10 years now, got 3 kids and play when i want, usually several hours a day. Remember your supposed to be a parent, not a damn toy to your children. They got friends to play with or when they are really young, they spend most their time with their mother. I may not sound like a super dad, but well, im really not aiming to be that either. Im here to teach em about the world before they set out to it themself. My kids are 12, 5 and last one is 3 months. All with the same wife ^^
    I work from 8-4 every weekday, but i usually play 3-5+ hours a day
    Wow, you sound useless.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    tyfon said:
    I play with my wife between 20:00 and 22:00 usually.
    Two kids now, one is 9 months, the other is 4.5 years old.

We hardly play mmos anymore though because of the time commitment.
    Surprisingly, I find the most family friendly mmo to be EVE as you don't have to grind out levels etc but rather level skills online and offline.

The 4.5 year old has started playing minecraft with us though, that is quite fun :)
    Yeh .. it is great to play with your kids ... although I would NOT steer them into MMOs though. While I do occasionally play games with my kids, I would MUCH rather spend time discussing science, or math, or teach them programming. 

Luckily, one of them is quite academic minded, and we can have a lot of fun reading papers, and stuff.