Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Overwatch

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageBeta Impressions - TheHiveLeader - Overwatch

TheHiveLeader finally takes a look at Overwatch, Blizzard's upcoming team based shooter. Overwatch is a team-based FPS from Blizzard. With stylized graphics and an international group of heroes, Overwatch takes place in an advanced future version of Earth. Overwatch was a task force that came together to restore peace to a world scarred by war. The organization was eventually disbanded, but heroes are still necessary and a select group fights on. Players will create teams of six and battle

Read the full story here

Comments

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437
    A bing badda BOOM!
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    very good however i always feel more effort is put into your mmo reviews which is obviously where your interest lies
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Well done vid. Not so sure this game is gonna be worth the investment now.

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    After blizzard made Warcraft, diablo, and then starcraft. they haven't really had anything risk taking. this is a game I will skip over.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    To think this game and hi-rez' paladin was announced on the same day and same game conference, which one was spying on who i wonder...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Like many Blizzard to me was a company that took risks and created amazing stories - along with games

Now they are all about hamsters keeping each other entertained type games - wheel toys and all. Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. Players are the gameplay for other players and Blizzard merely has to worry about the mechanics and classes.

I feel they have taken advantage of their original core fans and pushed their legendary titles in the casual and Millennials direction. Then they make new games strictly with that focus. The spirit of this company is very much dead and has been for five years.

Maybe it is just Generation turn over and the market has changed too much for me to enjoy their games anymore. But I don't like esports, the addictive not fun hearthstone (prefer Hex and MTG), Overwatch and any MOBA. Loved Pvping in MMORPGs to a point but hate all the new games with that focus - that lack a game beyond pvp (PLAYASS HEERE ISA A SMALL ARENA NOWW KILL EACCHH OTHA!).

Glad people out their love these games and I'll always have my older Blizzard memories. But Blizzards new direction has nothing for me anymore. Even Legion has classes pruned to death - even with all the improvements.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    This was rather lukewarm. Of course, when it's Blizzard, even lukewarm reviews turn into great profits.

Not sure I'll be buying this one. May just jump into Paladins instead. Smite is a great game.

• SteelhelmSteelhelm Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Like many Blizzard to me was a company that took risks and created amazing stories - along with games

Now they are all about hamsters keeping each other entertained type games - wheel toys and all. Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch. Players are the gameplay for other players and Blizzard merely has to worry about the mechanics and classes.

I feel they have taken advantage of their original core fans and pushed their legendary titles in the casual and Millennials direction. Then they make new games strictly with that focus. The spirit of this company is very much dead and has been for five years.

Maybe it is just Generation turn over and the market has changed too much for me to enjoy their games anymore. But I don't like esports, the addictive not fun hearthstone (prefer Hex and MTG), Overwatch and any MOBA. Loved Pvping in MMORPGs to a point but hate all the new games with that focus - that lack a game beyond pvp (PLAYASS HEERE ISA A SMALL ARENA NOWW KILL EACCHH OTHA!).

Glad people out their love these games and I'll always have my older Blizzard memories. But Blizzards new direction has nothing for me anymore. Even Legion has classes pruned to death - even with all the improvements.
    Let's just pray someday they'll use that money from those games to create AAA sandbox MMORPG...
    Talking about games where thousands of players exist simultaneously in a single instance and mechanics related to such games.
  • SenyunSenyun Member UncommonPosts: 51
    This was rather lukewarm. Of course, when it's Blizzard, even lukewarm reviews turn into great profits.

Not sure I'll be buying this one. May just jump into Paladins instead. Smite is a great game.
    I wouldn't go over to Paladins in its current state, at least do not buy into it. It can be a fun game, but they have way to many unbalanced elements in play at the moment. In its current EA state it feels rushed and in need of some TLC. Personally played and uninstalled it after 20+ hrs of playing, fun at first but then you walk of the cliff and fall fast.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Battleborn<Paladin<Overwatch<Gigantic

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    The "somewhat offensive Jamaican stereotype" is a Brazilian DJ.

• odiasudaodiasuda Member UncommonPosts: 162
    So they're selling costumes in a FPS? yeeah ehh what?
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2016
    Played during beta for over 30 hours its a good game compared to the Korean Ones I have played which have spyware this game doesn't or at least doesn't rely on 3rd parties and screw your computer up which is great compared to Black Desert & Blade & Soul which use Game Guard or XingCode3.

Think of the game more as a MOBA /FPS need more games like this. But between this game and Dark Fall they are like the best MMO Games in years, can't enjoy any other MMO games really because they all have spyware, bots, or just don't run good like Arche Age.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Im sure the quality is there because its Blizzard, but $60 bucks for a game without content is ridiculous. And people complain that BDO isnt worth $30....

/facepalm

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Im sure the quality is there because its Blizzard, but $60 bucks for a game without content is ridiculous. And people complain that BDO isnt worth $30....

/facepalm

Its a MOBA FPS, and it will likely have sales as well, look at the Call of duty series usually $49.99 a game.
  • SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    edited March 2016
    That vid was horrid if you are looking some of real info about the game, if you are looking for something kinda entertaining for a few minutes... yea then sure.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I love the vids hive; however, you kinda forgot to mention the biggest thing about the game is being able to change characters during matches, unless they changed that recently.
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263