Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar's Systems Lead Brett Scheinert Leaves Carbine

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited March 2016 in WildStar
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I really don't see this game being around for too much longer. I played it a bit, and honestly, it is very standard MMO. It does almost nothing to set itself apart, and what it does do differently is done better by other games. I suppose the release in Asia and the release on Steam may buy them a bit more time. If I were working at that studio, I'd be very uncomfortable. 
  • CulubuCulubu Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Yeah it has always been 'raid of gtfo', so now everyone gtfo  :p
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2016
    WS seems to be carrying the flag but it is no different in any other game.All of these games are cutting too many corners,just a mere shell of what a mmorpg should be.I would not even say other games are doing it better either,it is simply some VERY shallow reasons why some games make it and some don't.

Example right now the current bandwagon is Stardew Mountain,absolutely garbage pile of trash, a 1980 nintendo looking game trying to sell itself as new in the year 2016.Are we going to say that game is better than WS,not a chance in hell.TONS more crappy games showing popularity,but you know what a month or two after release nobody cares about those games either.

It is tough to fully describe what i am talking about but it is sort of like EVERY game is carrying a FAKE audience.There is a long list of reasons from simply carrying a banner name of Blizzard to being a esport or a game that is pushed by $$$,marketing and popularity of streamers showcasing it,in the end doesn't matter,they all die out and quickly.

I like to use the Blizzard banner the most because i am 100% certain that every single game that is struggling would likely be at least 50-500% more popular if it was simply released by Blizzard.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    edited March 2016
    Wizardry said:
    WS seems to be carrying the flag but it is no different in any other game.All of these games are cutting too many corners,just a mere shell of what a mmorpg should be.I would not even say other games are doing it better either,it is simply some VERY shallow reasons why some games make it and some don't.

Example right now the current bandwagon is Stardew Mountain,absolutely garbage pile of trash, a 1980 nintendo looking game trying to sell itself as new in the year 2016.Are we going to say that game is better than WS,not a chance in hell.TONS more crappy games showing popularity,but you know what a month or two after release nobody cares about those games either.

It is tough to fully describe what i am talking about but it is sort of like EVERY game is carrying a FAKE audience.There is a long list of reasons from simply carrying a banner name of Blizzard to being a esport or a game that is pushed by $$$,marketing and popularity of streamers showcasing it,in the end doesn't matter,they all die out and quickly.

I like to use the Blizzard banner the most because i am 100% certain that every single game that is struggling would likely be at least 50-500% more popular if it was simply released by Blizzard.

Stardew Valley is new. It was made by a single person, and is basically an upgraded version of Harvest Moon for PC. Loads of content, and is quite charming. Nobody is comparing it to games like WS except for you. You are the most cynical person I've ever spoken to. I mean really. Are you this miserable in all aspects of life or just video games?
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited March 2016
    I love the game, but i just can't see this studio going anywhere.
    And with the studio not going anywhere, the game won't go anywhere.

I guess we'll see the Redmoon raid and that will be it.
    Not sure NCSoft will take this clown show that is Carbine any longer.

*Edit: Perhaps his job with Redmoon was finished and they let him go.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited March 2016
    How bad was doing last year, it should been axe a long time ago but it's still going even amount money they was losing last year, if we find out if the free to play still going up or starting to go down. Being sub didn't help at all even how much content they was dropping left and right or fixing most of the problem.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Extremely well made game and this is very sad, and a bit perplexing. This game can be saved and still has a chance. I hope somebody with some clout see's this and takes over.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Torval said:
    Professions are done differently and really well. Housing has its own twist as well and is very well done. If they had gone the SWTOR route with story and systems for all play styles instead of focusing on the "hardcore raiding" I think it would have done a lot better.

It's a good game. I hate to see it falling apart. I'm still subscribed to it, but I'm having a hard time thinking they're going to pull through. I really hope they do.
    I tried it. I just couldn't play it. Early on, I found nothing drawing me in.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    How bad was doing last year, it should been axe a long time ago but it's still going even amount money they was losing last year, if we find out if the free to play still going up or starting to go down. Being sub didn't help at all even how much content they was dropping left and right or fixing most of the problem.
    The Q4 results NCSoft released recently showed that going f2p provided a tiny blip to revenue - no change basically. No Steam launch so far so I think we can expect Q1 to be down.
  • DarkspireDarkspire Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Extremely well made game and this is very sad, and a bit perplexing. This game can be saved and still has a chance. I hope somebody with some clout see's this and takes over.
    The game premise is good, it could have a good lore and could be nicely story driven. However:

1. Hardcore focus - this buried it before it started. True there are some people that like hardcore and spending 3 hours in an instance and multiple days in a raid (until you are overgeared and do not even need to do the raid anymore), but most do not. It was just not enjoyable

2. Telegraphs - bad idea... enough said 

3. Messed up PVP from day one, very few pvp instances, betting on 40 vs 40 platforms, but those offered no reward and limited group finder options.

4. optimisation - game lagged when 20 ppl met, world bosses were a joke and 40 vs 40 was lag fest

I think the base concept was flawed and there is no saving it. Which is a shame cause i really enjoyed questing, story and exploration :(

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Wildstar is on life support atm, looks like NCSoft just haven't gotten around to signing the release form for the plug to be pulled. Any day now...
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    I'm enjoying the game and will probably go through all the main content on Dominion and Exile sides. But I can't see going much beyond that. I haven't found a guild (or many other players) and since I don't have a WoW background a lot of the things in the game I don't quite grasp. It hasn't impacted my enjoyment much though.

In the end, I don't see this as something really long term for me unless I find a group of players to hang with who'd put up with my ignorance. When this game is over, I think I'll call it quits for MMOs completely until there's another superhero MMO.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Other than some interesting looking creatures in a wow like setting I saw little to like about the game...The combat was not very good and the quests got old pretty fast.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Maybe this? When it gets ready to come out.
    http://cityoftitans.com/

I backed their kickstarter back in 2012. Partially to support it. Partially to flip the bird to NCSoft after they canceled CoH. I know MMOs take a long time to develop but 2.5 years is a bit too much and expect it to be out. Still, I would come back for that.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

2.5 years of development time for an MMO is nothing honestly. I would say give it another 2 years
    Good. That's enough of a break from MMOs to get me excited about them again. But wasn't Wildstar also in development for years?

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• japormsxjapormsx Member UncommonPosts: 51
    hmm, my suggestions|:

1. put light beacon on quest

2. increase xp rate to 10x

3. put stats on costumes sold in cash shop

4.make all dungeons soloable except maybe endgame raids- make it doable by 5 persons.

5. make it so that a new player can reach level 15 under 1 hour.

bet the population will increase :P .

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I'll just leave this here. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• bbates024bbates024 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I'm betting this had to be due to a difference in philosophies. I'm sure Brett wanted to keep the game and raiding hardcore (or at leats more so), and Wildstar knows that they need to move in a different direction. More raids, different group sizes, different difficulties. The game and combat is too fun to have so few people playing it and raiding and group content is what keeps people around. No new raids since launch, and a desire not to change probably inspired the change. 

Who knows if they do it right the game might survive. Problem is they have had so many revisions now people might not come back to check it out. f2P needed to have these kinds of massive changes and now they might have missed their chance.
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Truthfully I liked the game when it first came out, but I am glad NCSoft has another failure in the books. They shut down City of Heroes, my online home and for a long time my 1 true happiness in life, I cried when it shut down and will hate them until the day I die for it.

Mystery Bounty