Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end for MO? - SV unban previously perma banned players to boost their failing sub base

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
Could this be a last ditch attempt to retain some subs?

SV has over the last few months begun unbanning players who were previously perma banned for hacking, exploiting, duping, lag switching and DDOSING. 

The majority of these players are now within a single guild who have used their illegitimately gained resources to secure themselves a spot as the dominant guild in the game. Where as everyone else rolls in steel these guys turn up in Ogh and sit on stacks of gold. Not only are they allowed to play again but they blatantly rub it in peoples faces and boast about their illegitimate gains both in game and on the Community Team speak with no reprisals from the GM team. Yes, they openly ADMIT that they dupe, hack exploit. They also troll anyone who is against this and heavily support the use of 'dodgy' game mechanics.

The reason these players were unbanned? Well if you happen to 'donate' to SV or be a part of the current alliance which consists of SVs largest donaters and a gentleman who owns 100k of SV shares you get a get out of jail free card!

Comments

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
    This has had a side effect of pushing legitimate players out of the game. So where as in the past a guild such as this would be hugely shunned by the community, there are very few who even take notice of it. In fact, the majority of what is left of the population is rallying to them to attempt to share in the wealth. 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    So why does anyone else play this?   Just stop playing. Problem solved. 
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited November 2015
    like they havent been doing this for years already. there is no such thing as a perma ban in this game. hackers and cheaters have always been allowed to come back. i've personally seen players that were found hacking and exploiting be let back in the game after a few months. bans are a joke in MO, much like MO is a joke compared to other subscription based games.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    After 5 years of fiasco after fiasco... anyone who plays this is getting exactly what they deserve.  It shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sometimes a game can be pretty good or have some nice ideas but the people running it can be total dirt bags and ruin everything.Sadly this happens in all aspects of life.Another example in the game industry,i liked playing Runes of Magic,i did not like Frogster running it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I always wondered if a MMO could thrive if the devs openly allowed cheating.....guess we will soon see.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Rhoklaw said:
    So uhm, if cheating, duping and hacking is now supported, why doesn't everyone do it? Imagine a game, where everyone cheats... wouldn't that be fun?
    There are minecraft servers that do things like this.  Yes, there are actual players who seem to like that kind of stuff.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Kyleran said:
    I always wondered if a MMO could thrive if the devs openly allowed cheating.....guess we will soon see.

Well it didn't do EvE Online any harm ... or did it?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Agricola1 said:
    Kyleran said:

Well it didn't do EvE Online any harm ... or did it?
    Hur....funny......    

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• myndziussmyndziuss Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited January 2016
    I do not play the game anymore due to the fact that it has went downhill gameplay wise since the release of awakening, but i cant read obvious uninformed and moronic posts. It is absolutely NOT true that people ever get unbanned from permanent bans for any reason whatsoever other than if it ends up being a wrongful ban, permanent bans are as the name suggests permanent, what you MIGHT have encountered here is people who have gotten banned and made new accounts which SV allows, something that most MMOS out there do too if i am not mistaken, they do not "unban ppl for money", IF the people have tons of resources well then its sadly due to SV staff not managing to monitor or track illegitimately aqquired stuff stored away on "throwaway f2p accounts". SV isnt a corrupt company, just extremely incompetent. Also  what exactly are you supposed to do with people who "admit" to exploiting, cheating etc.etc. with no proof? Just because you troll people about exploiting and cheating to piss them off (something which obviously worked on you) does not mean they actually do it, unless there is proof ofcourse in which case i have seen SV take action every time, they are actually more prone to punish people with very little proof on the table than not punish them at all.

I actually find it hilariously sad that every single person in this thread just blindly believes in the OP without questioning anything he said lol.

I am not one to defend SV but if you are going to bash them atleast do it legit. 

• PluroPluro Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited March 2016
    People are unbanned all the time. Either they have their original account deleted, or locked until a GM is contacted. The character names are reserved while you take a vacation from the game, then give a little petition and wala you are back at it. Now how some of these people are able to still have their vet capes on their new characters is a the better question :). This has always been a problem, even at release with the Russian controversy which was all just weird and crazy. To the same group of people (about 3 groups) you keep seeing come back into game. 

If you want a game with high transparency when it comes to punishment of player's misbehavior on this scale, MO is not the game for you. 

Edit: Now there are a select few that are permanent banned and if you can provide proof they are the player they receive a ban again. BUT by the time this happens the player has been playing for 2 - 3 months and had done enough damage to steer more people from the game.