Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interview - Josh Sawyer on Wrapping Up Pillars of Eternity - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageInterview - Josh Sawyer on Wrapping Up Pillars of Eternity - MMORPG.com News

Obsidian Entertainment has staked a claim on the CRPG genre in the last year. With Pillars of Eternity, the studio returned to their roots, abandoning the sprawling 3D open worlds of Fallout: New Vegas and the pop culture satire of South Park: The Stick of Truth for isometric cameras, dice rolls, and one of the best interactive stories this side of the open world.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    looks like a great game!

but too expensive, hopefully steam will have a sale soonish!
  • KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68

orbitxo said:

looks like a great game!

You should absolutely pick-up this game if you like the RPG genre. I took a leap of faith on launch day and bought in full price. The experience was very satisfying. I have time off next month and will pick up both expansions and replay the whole thing.

Waiting on a steam sale is never a bad thing for the wallet but I can vouch for the game being worth the price of admission, even full price.

Cheers,
  • LeuciusLeucius Member CommonPosts: 2

Kahrek said:

orbitxo said:

looks like a great game!

You should absolutely pick-up this game if you like the RPG genre. I took a leap of faith on launch day and bought in full price. The experience was very satisfying. I have time off next month and will pick up both expansions and replay the whole thing.

Waiting on a steam sale is never a bad thing for the wallet but I can vouch for the game being worth the price of admission, even full price.

Cheers,

I can vouch for this. You can get the game DRM free on GOG as well, and they have sales about as often as Steam for this game. Well worth the full price of admission is an understatement. Games like this come along very infrequently; just be prepared to read a lot (If that turns you off, take a pass, but if you like reading PoE is absolutely for you as an RPG fan)
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Just "Thank You!" for this absolute gem of a game. Looking forward to a successor.

Hodor!

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    edited March 2016
    Just finished White March part 1 (I was waiting for part 2 to come along before replaying the game), it was awesome. We need more of this.

Unfortunately, according to the interview it's "far off". *sniff*
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,319

orbitxo said:

looks like a great game!

I hear ya. Fortunately I can only really play one RPG at a time and right now it's an MMO. By the time I get tired of it (or it gets shut down - which is more likely), chances are the whole game with DLC will be on sale. I know the difficulties of making a demo, but I really wish they made one so I could find out if I like the isometric style of gaming.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    orbitxo said:
    looks like a great game!

Summer is coming which is oddly around the same time that my wife freaks out about how much I spend on Steam. 
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Enjoying Pillars of Eternity so far, but it has the same problem I had with Baldur's Gate 2, game's so big that starting over with a different class (as your main char) becomes too tedious. I would recommend to do some research on classes and make a few different ones to "feel them out". Although early game, mid game and late game are very different in terms of what each class can actually do.

Cheers.