Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online orders a ‘complete rework’ of its class roster

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes the idea is a positive boost but imo WHY of WHY don';t developers just see what FFXI does,it works and it works amazingly.I have been so spoiled by FFXI class design that i find it VERY tough to accept anything else,at least until i see someone come up with a better idea.

Although same developer FFXIV is not nearly as good,way more limiting and i think that is what will happen to this game,it will be similar to FFXIV's design.

IMO reason why devs are not sinking in,too much time and effort went into the thought of FFXI's class system,so now devs just take some mix and match and decide what is too o/p and eliminate that choice/s.

Bottom line is it takes a LOT of thought to design the class system,too often developers are looking for quick ideas,quick fixes that are cost effective to pull off in short order.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    I'll see your "complete rework of classes" and raise you an "is already available".  Over the last three months, Elsword has had a series of major patches overhauling all of its classes, the last of which just went live today.  Every single skill in the entire game was massively overhauled, with many of the old skills deleted and many new ones created.  The way you choose skills was also overhauled to let you freely change what you want rather than locking you in basically forever like the old system did.

It sounds like Allods wants to get away from the stale three-role trinity combat by having five fixed combat roles, and then letting classes pick between them when they want to.  I'm not sure if their old combat is straight-up trinity or not, though.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I never figured out why this game wasn't more popular.  Then again I never got into it either.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Honestly thought it was gone.

I self identify as a monkey.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    edited March 2016
    No the game is still going i think they have launched expasion 7.0 in russia or are about to i can't remember i was going to go back but in 5.0 they changed the whole stat system and not for the better in my view they added a sort of self heal stat so i can see what they are doing shame i miss my necroamancer healer.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Sounds like they are making it more solo friendly...I too forgot all about this game.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I think I played this game very briefly. So briefly I don't remember why I left. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    The problem with this unless people unlocked the bottle from the lockbox to get unlimited respec. End up spending even more money if people end up on the f2p server trying to find that right spec.  This there way to be sneaky to get more people to spend money on changing the spec around so people up going to the cash shop trying find that spec.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Good on em.  If they are still going and still supporting the game, they must be doing something correct.  Wasn't my cup of tea, but always happy with games that have a bit of success, even if it's modest and I had no idea they still existed.

I self identify as a monkey.

I played it quite a bit,if i remember around 3-4 months and by way games are designed now a days you can pretty much max a game out in 3-4 months.
    EQ2 restructured it's design and imo was not for the better,the whole design was to make it EASIER to further develop not to make the game or classes better.

Point being unless i feel like going back,finding my ID to play and test this out,i will have no idea what the purpose of this is but i bet there is some undermining reason why and not just to make the game better.My first hunch?

Well my hunch is that this is just something to reinvigorate interest,perhaps get people to start new characters and nothing more.Even if i went back and played again,i seriously cannot remember the old class systems or how they played,so if i was to try it,i would have nothing in my brain to compare the changes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

The problem with this unless people unlocked the bottle from the lockbox to get unlimited respec. End up spending even more money if people end up on the f2p server trying to find that right spec.  This there way to be sneaky to get more people to spend money on changing the spec around so people up going to the cash shop trying find that spec.
    I figured there is some undermining reason and your thought on this makes perfect sense.It really is sad,i have seen VERY little if any,developers trying their best to give us better gaming,all i see is a constant push to find sneaky ways to grind more money out of naive gamer's and there are a LOT of naive gamer's.