Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good game with a greedy publisher behind it.

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Sovrath said:
    I harbor a passionate dislike for games that feature this OWPvP after level so and so.  Its an awful game mechanic that only serves to benefit the developers/publisher bottom line profit and PvP-centric players at the expense of PvE-centric players who are basicaly simply nurtured through their youth in the game, and once they have been fattened and plump enough, unleashed upon the PvP-centric public and slaughtered like so many sheep for the sole enjoyment and benefit the PvP-centric players.  It's a manipulative, deceptive and frankly disgusting game mechanic to unleash upon a such a major demographic of the MMORPG gaming public.  It needs to stop but it will not unless the PvE demographic rises up in a unified voice against this exploitive game model.   

This is what I do not get why do PvE players go to these type of games to be fattened and slaughtered. It makes no sense do they actually get lulled into a false sense that by the time the reach that magic level some sort of safeguards will be put in or is simply a lack of research. But surely at some point before they reach that level where they become lambs being led to the slaughter they would realise that the game mechanics will not be changing.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Gdemami said:
    Yet you can play Dying light Online? You can play Far Cry 4 online? XCom? What about ESO? or Diablo 3? They all cost more than BDO. Some double the price. 
    Good luck playing ESO offline...
    Skyrim is better solo anyway.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    $30 for a potential couple hundred hours of gaming is a great deal. 
    It's an excellent deal. Plus the game is still going through changes.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• stio89stio89 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    stio89 said:
    What more than a game you can play forever for $30 without paying one more cent do you want?
    That's less than the box price of the usual video game.
    Usual video games don't have cash shops.
    Usual video games don't have a persistent world.
    Actually a good single player rpg has a persistent world, An mmo (bdo) doesn't.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SornathSornath Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I know this thread has been beat to death with everyones opinion....here is mine.....

As soon as they charge me for my first weapon, first quest, first mount and first harvesting node i will complain.  

Dyes and costumes are appearance only and i just cant come up with an ounce of care for them.  For those that do, cya - go play sims - this isnt the game for you.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    ArChWind said:
    ..but sucks for multiplayer. That is why you do nto compare the two.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Gdemami said:
    ArChWind said:
    ..but sucks for multiplayer. That is why you do nto compare the two.

Because Skyrim is better SOLO?
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sornath said:
    I know this thread has been beat to death with everyones opinion....here is mine.....

As soon as they charge me for my first weapon, first quest, first mount and first harvesting node i will complain.  

Dyes and costumes are appearance only and i just cant come up with an ounce of care for them.  For those that do, cya - go play sims - this isnt the game for you.
    There is a matter of principle,it doesn't bother you that they HOPE to rip you or other people off with prices that are NOT justified?

Also if nobody complains,they see it as open season,opens the door to even more rip offs and more grinding of money.Once you enter the realm of cash shop,the dev will get more greedy by the month.They will look for new angles,possibly even change the game design around to support it in future updates or expansions.
    If a dev wants to offset the cost of servers,gm's,other employees related to the servers and game,then charge 5 bucks a month,that is all they need and i am sure players would not mind 5 bucks.

They must figure they can get more on average from every player,especially since they have a very shotty system for Pearls and RMT activity that still supports their CS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.