Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early First Look - Chronicles of Elyria

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageEarly First Look - Chronicles of Elyria

The folks at Soulbound Studios are pleased to offer a first look at our in-development, MMORPG, Chronicles of Elyria. To learn more about the features that make this a ground-breaking MMO, to join the community and help make CoE a reality, or simply to say hello, check out our website or social media pages below. Will you follow a path of virtue... or something darker?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Narendur1Narendur1 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    <3
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Wooooooo!
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Depending on combat, this is the type of game I ve been waiting for. Hopefully its not a twitch , roll around , dodge everything , that seems to be popular nowadays.
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Nice.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Beautiful looking game. Won't look like that on my machine of course :)

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• SenyunSenyun Member UncommonPosts: 51

Soki123 said:

Depending on combat, this is the type of game I ve been waiting for. Hopefully its not a twitch , roll around , dodge everything , that seems to be popular nowadays.

I am with you there. All depends on the combat for me as well so cannot wait to try out the offline demo when released. Being to twitchy is bad for a game like this, but not being able to dodge or block in unique ways at all makes it less skill based and more rock paper scissors based, which is also bad.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Soki123 said:
    So this!!!
  • SlaymoreSlaymore Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Ok. Its got my interest but I see you will age and die? Will you loose all skills and start over??? That does not sound good....I want to build a char and keep it :)
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Nanfoodle said:
    Soki123 said:
    So this!!!
    I will +1 this as well.. Twitch combat just doesnt fit in an MMORPG in my opinion. It kinda ruins it / the experience for me.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Generally in tab target games you cant attack unless you have something targeted or youre using either a pbaoe or aoe, right? Maybe it is tab targeting and you can freely attack or maybe it was just an example for the combat animations theyre leaning towards, who knows. Either way I dont care if its tab target or action combat as long as it feels good. I think, it looks pretty good so far.
  • JackieRyderJackieRyder Member UncommonPosts: 145
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The graphics and artstyle of enviroment are very nice, character face looks like it came straight from GW2.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Concept looks good. Pre-Alpha looks good. For some reason I can't pinpoint i'm still not sold on this game.
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited March 2016
    The violence towards trees in this video is unacceptable. #treelivesmatter
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    From the snippet of combat stance, it appears as though this game is going to have pathetic swing/parry/active block shit-tastic combat.
  • chipsahuichipsahui Member CommonPosts: 1
    wow, cant wait until it's out. I loved Mabinogi cause of its rebirth and i will lov ethis too
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    its looks fun. but this game still hasn't started its kickstarter. so its still a ways away.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    edited March 2016
    The combat is questionable I like mount & blade, but every mmorpg's who tried to do it like M&B suck in combat.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif