Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Million Dollar Contest ended Feb 1st!

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
Now Mar. 1st and still no winners. Not only does this company leave game breaking bugs in game from beta they can't run a contest right/ Sure looks and smells like a scam!

Yep people just allow them to get away with it. 
I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Comments

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Brenics said:
    Now Mar. 1st and still no winners. Not only does this company leave game breaking bugs in game from beta they can't run a contest right/ Sure looks and smells like a scam!

Yep people just allow them to get away with it. 
    The last time I heard the winner was already contacted, and he/she accepted the main prize.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I watched one of their videos where two of their community managers were talking about the contest.
    First of all the big shots are not going to tell anything to a couple of community managers if it were shotty,yet they seemed to know it was legit.

The CLAIM is that they already contacted the winner several weeks ago and are waiting for something,idk some legal issues,perhaps documents to be signed  i don't  really know what the holdup is.I would always be skeptical of anything that revolves around money especially a million bucks.You just have to take their word for it and then what,not like anyone is going to contact this person to find out if he/she is related to someone inside the game or if it is a full on scam.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    You realize there is more winners than just the million dollars right? By the rules they were suppose to announce them Feb 1st.  Amazing how this company gets away with such bad support, bad bug fixing, bad lag, heck even bad videos. 

These people have not done one thing right from the start. Unless you call lying to us customers from the first day. 

edited March 2016
    There was a news item on this very site that stated the winner was contacted.  Do they have to publish who it was?  I only can say if I were the winner I would prefer to remain anonymous. 
    Clearly you must have missed the part about crowns. 

On or about Monday, February 1, 2016 (the “Draw Date”) in Woodbury, New York, a random draw will be conducted by Sweepstakes Group or its designee, from all eligible Entries that are timely received in accordance with Section 3 to select one (1) Grand Prize winner and one thousand (1,000) Secondary Prize winners. See Prize Claim Conditions in Rule 5 below. Odds of being selected as eligible to win a Prize in this Sweepstakes will depend on the total number of eligible Entries timely received in accordance with Section 3. Prizes will be awarded by random draw and there will be no geographically apportioned distribution of the Prizes.

Sponsor will attempt to notify each selected entrant via email within approximately forty-eight (48) hours of the Draw Date at the email account provided by the entrant in his or her The Elder Scrolls ® Online account if that was the means of entry or provided on the Mail-In Entry form if that was the means of entry.

In order to be declared a prize winner, each selected entrant must:

(i)complete and return to Sponsor (or its authorized agent) by the deadline specified in the documents a written affidavit of eligibility (or declaration and release) and publicity release form (collectively, the “Release”), releasing the Sweepstakes Group from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize;

(ii)complete all tax documentation required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the selected entrant resides (“Tax Documentation”);

(iii)have a bank account at an institution to which Sponsor's bank is permitted and willing to transfer funds, directly or through correspondent bank relationships; 

There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, and one thousand (1,000) Secondary Prize winners. Prizes will be delivered to winners on or about February 22, 2016, provided that winners have fully complied with the terms of Rule 5 (“Prize Claim Conditions”), above.

Grand Prize: One million U.S. dollars ($1,000,000 USD), to be paid as an annuity of $50,000 USD per year, for twenty (20) years, without interest (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) based on present value: $775,000). By accepting the annuity, the Grand Prize winner agrees to release the Sweepstakes Group from all liability and responsibility for payments of the prize and acknowledges that such liability and responsibility shall rest only with the annuity company from which the annuity is purchased for the winner.

Secondary Prize: 3,000 Crowns[1], to be delivered electronically to the user's valid The Elder Scrolls ® Online account or in the form of a voucher to be emailed to the email address used on the entry forms submitted by Secondary Prize winners who do not have a valid account. All Secondary Prizes that are not used by the winner within three (3) years of the date received by the winner will expire. ARV of each Secondary Prize: $25. One thousand (1000) Secondary Prizes to be awarded. Total ARV: $25,000.

Total ARV of all prizes: $800,000.

edited March 2016
    Your title refers to million dollar contest. Your OP says nothing about crowns. So yeah I did miss that part.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/446128/update-million-dollar-winner-has-been-contacted
    Well a contest is called Million Dollar so what should I have called it? :-D

Oh and unless I didn't read it right they never said winners would be anonymous. Also the drawing should of been public just for accountability and fairness. This whole contest was run very badly. 

edited March 2016
    Whatever, I'll get out of the way of your conspiracy theories now.
    OK and I will get out of the way of your, who cares how gamers are scammed. :-D

edited March 2016
    Oh look the winner has to be announced unless am reading this wrong?

7. PERSONAL INFORMATION
    Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Sweepstakes for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants consent to such collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. Non-U.S. Participants Only: The Sweepstakes websites may be hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same type or level of data protection as the laws in your country.

So that whole not announcing the winner(s) claim is bs, they have to release it. 

By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, city/state/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law. Aggregate and anonymized Sweepstakes winner information may be used by the Sponsor to communicate about the Sweepstakes to its retailers and distributors. 

^Forgot to post that important part. :-D

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Brenics said:

7. PERSONAL INFORMATION
    Sponsor and its authorized agents will collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter the Sweepstakes for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and prize fulfillment. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants consent to such collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. Non-U.S. Participants Only: The Sweepstakes websites may be hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information you provide may therefore also be subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same type or level of data protection as the laws in your country.

So that whole not announcing the winner(s) claim is bs, they have to release it. 

Nope, that isn't what it says at all.  Clearly you read at a 6th grade level.
    edited March 2016

Brenics said:

7. PERSONAL INFORMATION

Opps forgot to post important part, all fixed. They have to release the names, also pretty sure USA laws say they would have to. You can't do any contest behind closed doors, they have to be open about it, and this company has done nothing openly. 

Brenics said:
    Brenics said:

7. PERSONAL INFORMATION

Opps forgot to post important part, all fixed. They have to release the names, also pretty sure USA laws say they would have to. You can't do any contest behind closed doors, they have to be open about it, and this company has done nothing openly. 
    Zenimax: "And the winner of both the one million dollar prize and the one millions crowns .... CHRIS ROBERTS"

Brenics: "SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!"
    ROFL, thx I needed that laugh. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Brenics said:

7. PERSONAL INFORMATION

By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees to Sponsor's use of his/her name, city/state/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Sponsor may conduct relating to the Sweepstakes in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law. Aggregate and anonymized Sweepstakes winner information may be used by the Sponsor to communicate about the Sweepstakes to its retailers and distributors. 

Nope, still doesn't say that.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    That legal information is enough to make my head spin,like jumping through many hoops to win  a what should be a simple contest.

This is why it is likely taking so long,the big winner likely had to consult a lawyer and tax form documentation etc etc,most likely don't know where to start.A lot of BS you ask me,you win a million in a lottery,you simply dive there sign a few papers and leave.Actually when a friend of mine won he didn't even go,he had another friend go pick up the winnings,whom sadly followed up by ripping my buddy off some of that money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Brenics said:

7. PERSONAL INFORMATION

Nope, still doesn't say that.
    Yep, no where does it state they have to publicise the winner. They can if they want, but they don't have to.

Torval said:
    A simple search would have answered your questions, but that isn't as dramatic.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2718133/#Comment_2718133
    ZOS_GinaBruno:
    "The only winner we have contacted is the grand prize winner of the $1 million. We have not yet contacted the second prize crown winners, and will do so after we make our grand prize winner announcement. We're targeting next week to make the announcement about our big winner, but if that changes we'll let everyone know. "

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2705134/#Comment_2705134
    ZOS_JessicaFulsom:
    "Hey everyone!

We know you're eager to find out who won the ESO Million Reasons to Play Giveaway. What we can tell you right now is that we have contacted the winner, and the winner has accepted. We'll be making an announcement in the coming weeks, both about the Grand Prize Winner and how to find out if you're a Secondary Prize Winner. "

You should put the dates they said that. Old news and they were suppose to announce a week ago Monday. 

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I wonder what life is like in that kind of paranoid delusional shell.

A million dollars is peanuts for them. You'd have to be utterly ignorant to believe they'd risk public exposure of a deceitful campaign.

The consequences would be much worse than spending a million bucks on an obvious marketing stunt.
    Never seen a contest run so bad, and fanboy's attacking. So tell me why they haven't released the emails to all the other winners? I'm pretty sure they don't need to know the main winners name. 2nd place winners should have already been contacted on the day after the SECRET drawing. Like I said they have trouble running a mmo and a contest. 

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Brenics said:
    Never seen a contest run so bad, and fanboy's attacking. So tell me why they haven't released the emails to all the other winners? I'm pretty sure they don't need to know the main winners name. 2nd place winners should have already been contacted on the day after the SECRET drawing. Like I said they have trouble running a mmo and a contest. 
    HILARIOUS! i really hope nobody takes these kind of posts or posters seriously.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    if it helps I noticed 3k crown extra added to my account last week.....

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited March 2016
    Gratz to Ryan and its about time Zos released the winner. Thanks Ryan for allowing your name to go public. Now lets see how long they take to release the 1000 other winners. 

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    baphamet said:
    Brenics said:
    HILARIOUS! i really hope nobody takes these kind of posts or posters seriously.
    I know the outright comical nonsense people post here