Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Crafting 101

2»

Comments

• KanisKanis Member UncommonPosts: 42
    SBFord said:
    imageBDO Crafting 101

Crafting in Black Desert Online can be an intimidating and complicated affair. In most recent MMORPGs players collect 100 of x and 100 of y then go AFK while they combine materials and come back an hour later at the new crafting cap. This does not hold true for BDO. In BDO crafting is separated into collecting, processing, and finally crafting. A slightly more complicated affair than what some are used to.

Read the full story here

My concern with crafting initially was storage space to gather items and process them, since you do need free space in your backpack to do so. It does get a little larger as you do quests, but even then the need to purchase warehouse space, more backpack space or have a wagon & horse for real crafters will become a necessity.

"Common sense is NOT common!"

• zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    this is really stupid. when you go from one city to another, you always have to bring the things in the hosue with you. same with stash. you cant access stash from one city in another city. totally stupid.
  • Deftpunk79Deftpunk79 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I am completely loving the crafting system here. Got a fair chunk of game play in. Hired my first workers. So far it looks like I'm going to be sticking around for a while. Your stuff also isn't stuck in the city you left it in. You can hire people to transport it for you.
  • Deftpunk79Deftpunk79 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited February 2016

Kanis said:

SBFord said:

imageBDO Crafting 101

Crafting in Black Desert Online can be an intimidating and complicated affair. In most recent MMORPGs players collect 100 of x and 100 of y then go AFK while they combine materials and come back an hour later at the new crafting cap. This does not hold true for BDO. In BDO crafting is separated into collecting, processing, and finally crafting. A slightly more complicated affair than what some are used to.

Read the full story here

My concern with crafting initially was storage space to gather items and process them, since you do need free space in your backpack to do so. It does get a little larger as you do quests, but even then the need to purchase warehouse space, more backpack space or have a wagon & horse for real crafters will become a necessity.

You don't actually have to purchase anything. You can rent the space with contribution points. Then, once you get enough money to outright buy the stuff. You can give the storage back and get your contribution points refunded. Contribution points are relatively easy to come by in the beginning. At 15, I had 20. Which is enough for a decent sized trade network (for a beginner, 2 cities and the nodes connecting them), a house, and rent a couple of support items. You never lose contribution points, if you decide you don't want/need something that you have paid for in contribution points, you just pull your points out and lose ownership of the item/resource/building.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    DMKano said:
    I've read since the houses are instanced it means more than one person can basically own the same house
    It is instanced - your house can occupy the same location with other players - you don't see their houses, they don't see yours. Instancing 101
    on this game specifically having Classes AND gender AND age locked classes at that is Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more of a deal breaker for me then if I see a loading screen when entering a house or not

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    You don't see a loading screen entering a house. That is transparent. @seanmcad