Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Better Dye System Hidden In-favour Single-Use Greed?

DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
edited February 2016 in Black Desert Online
Everyone know BDO has a pretty bad dyeing system... cash shop only and single use crap. So after reading this i have one question... why the hell they still using single use dye system? when they have a much better one in place already.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/24818-na-server-character-placement-issue/

• 1x Merv's Palette (7 days) 
--> Lets you access all dye colors that are available on that palette and dye your equipped armor freely. If your armor is already dyed with regular colors, you will have to use Bleach first to neutralize that color. Colors will return to original status once the palette expired.

Comments

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Single use dyes means more need to be purchased, which means more money?
  • virgommovirgommo Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Not sure about KR, but i know in RU there was a premium dye subscription. Basically you paid for 30 days access to have full access to all the dye palets. 
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    virgommo said:
    Not sure about KR, but i know in RU there was a premium dye subscription. Basically you paid for 30 days access to have full access to all the dye palets. 
    That's interesting. Do you know how much it cost? While I agree the dye system is a cash grab I may go that route if it's reasonably priced.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    to OP, that will likely be used for compensations in the future, its a really nice reward honestly, or for events

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    virgommo said:
    I'd vastly prefer that over the random gamble dyes.
    Meh, seems like they took a page from SWTOR's book when it comes to dyes. Ironically one of the few things I absolutely despise on that game. So it's just my typical luck again to have them adopt that feature. :(

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Myrdynn said:
    to OP, that will likely be used for compensations in the future, its a really nice reward honestly, or for events

Not really... random RNG dyes should be the event rewards and this/these 'dye palette' should be in the cash shop and main source for the dye system. BDO is a game where its highly unlikely your going to be changing your gear and/or costume (at $30 they will be lucky is most buy a single one in their time playing the game)... changes would probably be months apart once you finished one set.

So renting a whole 'dye palette' for a few days would be a huge plus for the B2P business model... them not using it is just adding to my list of reasons i don't think they have any intent of keeping to the B2P model. I can totally see them doing the same as every other region and go F2P with optional sub and have this dye system as a perk for subbing. After all the current B2P model only offers a few of the sub perks (bag/warehouse slots + access to all character creation features).

Everything i see is to have minimum effect once they do turn the F2P switch on... they wont have to reprice the cash shop (just add a few items).. no account perks to sort out (just change the bag/warehouse slots + access to all character creation features from default back to sub perks). *I can already see the comments listing localisation changes as B2P model perks lol... just no.*
  • ImpsyImpsy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Don't like it? Then don't play it. Vote with your wallets people!