Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square Enix working on in game graphics for their upcoming games.DX12.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Honestly,i was happy with win 95,ever since then i have seen VERY little need to upgrade.although we have advanced well beyond direct x 4/5/6 now into 12.

The problem i see and have always seen is for developers it is always a new learning curve and most devs seem to not want to spend time upgrading their employees.This used to  be Square Enix's problem,but now somewhere they changed along the way.

However there is still one more hurdle to overcome and that is getting devs to do more than just give us really nice characters and mobs.I want the rest of the world to come alive not just graphically but with AI as well.I would love  to see npc's travel around the game world,players have to seek them out and as well having varied responses and favor towards players.

Square usually does combat well,graphics really well,story well,ORE is great,they just been cheapen out on the back drops and we still need to see water zones from them.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2016
    Just to be fair the adoption rate on windows 10 and windows 7 not on the same ball part. When windows 10 is a free upgrade but windows 7 was so not.

If microsoft didn't offer a free upgrade then the adoption rate would be same level as windows 8 and many people like it and other got burned spending that money on it with problem after problem. But this time windows 10 have far less problem then windows 8 it's a good part after being out this long.
    No one knows that. Just because it was a free upgrade does not mean it would have failed. No one can prove that. All we know is what the facts are. The facts are that the adoption rate is higher than 7 or 8 in the same time period. Plus the PC market has weakened in sales since the release of 7 and even 8 so it is all equal as far as I am concerned.

Besides I never paid for 7. It came with my Falcon
    Windows 10 would of not fail like windows 8 I would think, even if they didn't offer every user of windows 7 or 8 a free upgrade, adoption rate would of been alot lower.  How can micosoft justify a user to spend $100 on a OEM or a $200 non OEM if there windows 7 or 8 is running fine.

It's just microsoft will not aloud to do the same mistake what happen with windows 8 happen to windows 10. Offering for free was a good move as people can upgrade if they hated it they can downgrade with out feeling they got burn on paying for the software.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2016
    OEM is $89 and I have seen it cheaper. $119 Non OEM from Microsoft Not $200

I honestly do not know anyone who has actually bought it. What matters is what is the adoption rate and how does it compare to previous releases? It is beating previous releases hands down. They even stopped support of 7 and 8.
    Face it Windows 10 is the future of Windows, not 7 or 8. Their time has come and gone. Many people never bought Windows 7 either. Many copies came with prebuilt systems.  People have been satisfied with 7 sure but the same thing was said about XP when 7 came out. "Why upgrade to 7? XP works fine for me"
    Windows 10 is installed on more than 200 million devices worldwide in less than a year. That is a great achievement no matter how they got there.

Future can be hard to tell but right now if it's windows 10 is going take over if thats the last windows we all going to see from micosoft, but for me I payed for windows 7 I didn't get it for free I know many other that payed out there pocket.

The part what I said about OEM $100, I didn't check on windows 10 cost I was guesting on the number thinking of windows 7 in what it cost me back then.

But comparing the old adoption rate to a new adoption rate with out doing same condition does not show if people are adoption windows 10 for being the future or cuz was just free why people upgraded it.

Yes people are going to move over to windows 10 more and more at a faster rate soon. Unless If Vulkan does not put a slow down on that adoption rate or a turns it around.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I played around with the AoS benchmark the performance increase from dx11 to dx12 was dramatic the developers need to adopt dx12 is already out for unreal 4 engine.
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/unreal-engine-4-elemental-tech-demo-download,1.html
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    The performance gain won't be as dramatic. If you build your computations around DX12 than you can get a gain, but if you don't need to off put as much CPU calculations to the GPU it won't help as much.