Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starwars Galaxies NGE

Comments

• Saur0n69Saur0n69 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Server goes Live in 1 hour ;)
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    This is against mmorpg.com rules your gonna get yelled at fyi for this but hey why not bloodfin.net

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    considering the game is dead and SOE doesnt even have it online anymore I do not see why they would ban the link if its for no profits 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    This is against mmorpg.com rules your gonna get yelled at fyi for this but hey why not bloodfin.net
    No it's not
    "We are only allowing the discussion of private/emulated servers for games that are canceled or shutdown."

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• marcjt20marcjt20 Member UncommonPosts: 106
    the NGE Was horrible.. my 12 year old could have coded a better game
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Is there a pre-NGE server like original?

Can't discuss vanilla officially but in love with it. Fun to try a pre-NGE that is "sony-like".

You stay sassy!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited February 2016
    marcjt20 said:
    the NGE Was horrible.. my 12 year old could have coded a better game
    Honestly, SWG wasn't too bad towards the end.

My ideal version of SWG would be CU2 combined with the features/content added to the game over the years since the NGE launched.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Trying to get this to work and so far its a bust, looks like they have some problems on their end with the patch server.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I played beta / launch then after CU ( I even hated that)  Played the last year or so of live and was actually having a really good time.  I'll give it a look.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 132
    So we can finally talk about SWGEMU.com ?
    Sweeet!
    Wooot!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Sweeet!
    Wooot!

i was checking their website and they require you to purchase the original game?

Im not buying a dead game just to be able to run a private server.

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    The old days of SWG were so fun, wish they never took down SWG. <3
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I'm pretty sure daybreak came out and said SWGEMU was okay when they acknowledged and said project '99 was alright. I think them saying you had to purchase the old discs was from before daybreak made that statement. As far as I know you're allowed to just download it now? I could be wrong. 
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    edited February 2016
    The SWGEmu server Basilisk is the best server to play on, the most stable and feature-complete as well as having a decent population. SWGEmu requires you to have an original copy of the game which you can find around for a couple bucks, well worth it imo.

SWGEmu Faq
    Tamanous said:
    Is there a pre-NGE server like original?

Can't discuss vanilla officially but in love with it. Fun to try a pre-NGE that is "sony-like".
    The projects out are all pre-cu publish 14.x I believe, I could be mistaken though.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    I played both nge and cu etc and I honestly never really seen the hype it was pretty much just run mission after mission trying to make credits for doctor buffs to go chase holocrams to then completely switch your classes up and work towards becoming a jedi. The only cool features of SWG to myself was the crafting/harvesting and the house anywhere etc. But on busy servers the planets looked like train wrecks everywhere with houses littering the landscapes and bugged nests spawning mobs half inside homes.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sweeet!
    Wooot!

i was checking their website and they require you to purchase the original game?

If my aged memory remembers correctly,this is the new LAW.
    The law claims you have the right to play a game and not be handcuffed by some developer /publisher shutting it down.However you still have to officially own the game,you can't just steal the game.

I also reember though there being some very strict rules,i thought you could only run a server for yourself and not others but not positive on that.

I guess if there is no profit to be made,you can't legally bind anyone to lost revenue lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited February 2016
    Wizardry said:
    Sweeet!
    Wooot!

If my aged memory remembers correctly,this is the new LAW.
    The law claims you have the right to play a game and not be handcuffed by some developer /publisher shutting it down.However you still have to officially own the game,you can't just steal the game.

I also reember though there being some very strict rules,i thought you could only run a server for yourself and not others but not positive on that.

I guess if there is no profit to be made,you can't legally bind anyone to lost revenue lol.

I dont want to steal the game. Before i started playing the official WoW servers years ago, i tried the game on a private server and the trial client was readily downloadable for free from Blizzard. I was hoping This would be possible with SWG.

Besides, if the game is dead, what is there to steal? If SOE/DB/LAW wants me to buy the client they would have to revive the game.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A free trial is not the same thing as playing on a EMU server the entire official game for as long as you want.

Again if my memory serves me,Wow only allows level 20,which imo is perfectly fine,geesh i only need level 5 to get enough information from a trial.
    None the less they have no legal right to start running trials just a server to run the game you already own.

This also got me to thinking about SE decision to not close FFXI down.I assume they figured rather than get people over to FFXIV everyone would jump in on emu servers,so they decided to keep it running.Yes i am ALWAYS skeptical of developers intentions,nothing in life has good intentions for consumers only for the business itself.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    A free trial is not the same thing as playing on a EMU server the entire official game for as long as you want.

Again if my memory serves me,Wow only allows level 20,which imo is perfectly fine,geesh i only need level 5 to get enough information from a trial.
    None the less they have no legal right to start running trials just a server to run the game you already own.

This also got me to thinking about SE decision to not close FFXI down.I assume they figured rather than get people over to FFXIV everyone would jump in on emu servers,so they decided to keep it running.Yes i am ALWAYS skeptical of developers intentions,nothing in life has good intentions for consumers only for the business itself.
    maybe i phrased it wrong. I played WoW on private servers before i decided to purchase the game and play it officially. WoW's "trial" client let me play the full game (outdated of course) on private servers before i decided to purchase it. I was hoping it would be the same with SWGEMU. SWG does not exist anymore, there is no point in purchasing a client unless the people running the EMU sell their own EMU client, which is not the case.

There is a huge difference between SWGEmu, who has re-written the game code vs WoW and other private servers that steal code.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Just to update, got SWG Legends working, they have a some problems with the launcher which they are fixing and are also putting up the required patches on google drive.

Yes you must "purchase" the game but anyone who's a little clever can find a nice download for free...try googling  "Star Wars Galaxies - Complete Original Disk Set".

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sweeet!
    Wooot!

I actually still have the original disks and still have it installed on my backup drives.  Guess I'm in denial. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

I loved SWG and it's still one of my favorite games of all time.  However, not unlike any other MMORPG, the game is only as good as the amount of players populating it.  There is little doubt I would play SWG again if I was able to do so on crowded servers as they were back when it was originally released.  But since that is not the case, I have little interest in playing it.  Community is everything for me in an MMORPG.  Without community I am better off playing a single player RPG.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I loved SWG and it's still one of my favorite games of all time.  However, not unlike any other MMORPG, the game is only as good as the amount of players populating it.  There is little doubt I would play SWG again if I was able to do so on crowded servers as they were back when it was originally released.  But since that is not the case, I have little interest in playing it.  Community is everything for me in an MMORPG.  Without community I am better off playing a single player RPG.
    This is one of my major concerns with SWGEMU. Too many different servers fragmenting the community. Personally, I am waiting for the main SWGEMU team to finish and launch their server and I will be playing there when that happens.