Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Costume Prices to Be Reduced from $32 to $29

Comments

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    edited February 2016
    Costumes in pso2, an easily accessible f2p game, less then 2 bucks per costume which can all be bought with in game money. Have fun being ripped off. 
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    $29/£20 is too much for a full costume and wep skin?

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

DMKano said:

Why do you think they do this. Is it because they think people won't read how little difference it makes and simply are attracted to the idea of a discount without reading the actual number?
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    It is funny but I would of rather them discounted the pets like others have said... The costume atm is the least of my worries......
  • MMOredfalconMMOredfalcon Member UncommonPosts: 167

Miffi89 said:

Lol... but I think people are angry because of how much costumes cost in BDO compared to other games. 10-15$ is standard for a costume from cash shop. 30$? Outrageous.

The costumes are $20.... they are $29 with a weapon skin included. Its a bundle... people are morons and dont read, they see one number and scream and shout without having all the facts and researching. Thats why all this shit is annoying. People dont do their research.

Exactly people don't do their research...kinda like you. Prices with a weapon skin was at $32 and without skin was $23.
    edited February 2016
    Dahkoht said:
    I gotta admit , they can charge whatever they want , but their PR department really , really needs a clue.
    Maybe they're just one step ahead. People are now talking about the game, there is a thread about the game, they are getting publicity, far more publicity than if they used a more reasonable discount. I can't imagine they didn't know this would evoke a response.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited February 2016
    Hives said:
    This is why i prefer no cash shops and a monthly fee to play an MMO but people complain about having to pay that way too. I guess some people want everything free.... Although i do think those costume prices are high in my opinion.

I wonder what excuse F2P advocates can come up with now to justify the F2P model over a subscription model.  With a subscription model the entire game, including those costumes and everything in that cash shop would be available to the player for $15 per month.  We have now graduated beyond just a F2P model with a cash shop to a B2P model with a cash selling one item for twice the price of what the highest monthly cost of any game featuring a subscription model.  Perfect example of being careful of what you wish and push for because it just might eventually jump up and bite you in the butt.  Slippery slope indeed!
    What sub exclusive games are there that don't also have cash shops? I can't think of a single one off the top of my head.

Probably none now but there was a time before the F2P Cash Shop model took over that subscription based game models offered everything in the game for the $15 per month subscription price. Once players became accustomed to, and the F2P cash shop model became more accepted, subscription game models began slowly incorporating the cash shops into their game models as well.  But it all began with the acceptance of the F2P cash shop.  Its acceptance in the popular F2P arena paved the way for its inclusion in all games, albeit in different variations.  

It's evolution has now resulted in a B2P model with a cash shop selling one costume item for more than the price of the game itself.  To date, the cash shop in the few subscription models still left to play has been somewhat benign.  Its just a matter of time now before we see $20 per month subscription models and cash shops selling everything needed to play the game at full blown prices.  You are a naive soul if you don't see it coming.  And players did it to themselves by blindly supporting the F2P cash shop model thinking they were playing a game for free instead of seeing it for what it is which has always been a huge cash grab from the get go.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Dahkoht said:
    I gotta admit , they can charge whatever they want , but their PR department really , really needs a clue.
    Maybe they're just one step ahead. People are now talking about the game, there is a thread about the game, they are getting publicity, far more publicity than if they used a more reasonable discount. I can't imagine they didn't know this would evoke a response.
    Next step is to announce they listened to the feedback and will drop costumes to 20 bucks. People will be eternally grateful and have no issue giving them money. Marketing then pats itself on the back for a job well done
    Kefo said:
    Dahkoht said:
    Next step is to announce they listened to the feedback and will drop costumes to 20 bucks. People will be eternally grateful and have no issue giving them money. Marketing then pats itself on the back for a job well done
    exactly ~
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

udon said:

DAOWAce said:

That's a joke, right? Reduced to $1 below the game's price? Was it so people can't say "a costume costs more than the game!" anymore?

We were calling for cuts in HALF.

They don't care what people are calling for they care about what people are spending money on.  The concept of pricing items to make them exclusive is not new or unique to BDO or even MMO's for that matter.  it's a time honored practice of companies following the rules of free market economics.  Are you better off selling a whole lot of something for a little money or a smaller number of them for a lot more?  In a lot of cases you make a whole lot more money making something feel exclusive and rare by pricing it as such than making it affordable and readily available. 

Free market is a myth: It's all rigged in one way or another, thanks to everyone embracing the mortal sin of greed.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Hives said:

This is why i prefer no cash shops and a monthly fee to play an MMO but people complain about having to pay that way too. I guess some people want everything free.... Although i do think those costume prices are high in my opinion.

I wonder what excuse F2P advocates can come up with now to justify the F2P model over a subscription model.  With a subscription model the entire game, including those costumes and everything in that cash shop would be available to the player for $15 per month.  We have now graduated beyond just a F2P model with a cash shop to a B2P model with a cash selling one item for twice the price of what the highest monthly cost of any game featuring a subscription model.  Perfect example of being careful of what you wish and push for because it just might eventually jump up and bite you in the butt.  Slippery slope indeed!

What sub exclusive games are there that don't also have cash shops? I can't think of a single one off the top of my head.

They have all converted to F2P, yet retain subscription as well, with the exception of FFXIV and I give them huge props for it too. It is my hope that Pantheon will be sub only without a cash shop. We'll see if Brad can stick to his guns about old school paradigms.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    They're so generous with that price drop. What a great company.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2016
    I can buy 2 really good games i like for 30 bucks.

I bought Dishonored and 3+ DLC's for 15 bucks,and they want 30 for a costume roflmao,,i don't think so.I just bought the Sorcerer king for 25 a little more than i liked but still cheaper than a costume.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I'll tell a little story...

I used to sell, hrrmmm, lets say 'Pharmasuticals' ;) I was originally asking $80 per 'Pharma' and everyone I knew would only buy from me when they absolutely couldn't find em anywhere else... and they did so grudgingly and were very annoyed.

Suffice too say I sat on my inventory for a long time, and my "friends" who gave my inventory to me were unhappy with how slow it moved.

So I had a brilliant idea! I dropped the price to $10 less than the going rate.

I was ALWAYS out after that little move. And one of my "friends" told me something I'll never forget;

"Stress the flip bro" The more money moving through my hands the more money I made the more clients I had (happy clients), and my "friends" who provided my product were pleased as pie because they too were making money.

Its economics 101 Daum: Selling a little bit at a high price still only makes you a little bit of money; selling A LOT at a lower price makes you A LOT of money.

It is known.
    I'll tell a little story...

I used to sell, hrrmmm, lets say 'Pharmasuticals' ;) I was originally asking $80 per 'Pharma' and everyone I knew would only buy from me when they absolutely couldn't find em anywhere else... and they did so grudgingly and were very annoyed.

Suffice too say I sat on my inventory for a long time, and my "friends" who gave my inventory to me were unhappy with how slow it moved.

So I had a brilliant idea! I dropped the price to $10 less than the going rate.

I was ALWAYS out after that little move. And one of my "friends" told me something I'll never forget;

"Stress the flip bro" The more money moving through my hands the more money I made the more clients I had (happy clients), and my "friends" who provided my product were pleased as pie because they too were making money.

Its economics 101 Daum: Selling a little bit at a high price still only makes you a little bit of money; selling A LOT at a lower price makes you A LOT of money.

It is known.

This holds even truer for a digital game selling virtual items.  Once that virtual item is developed and rendered, there are no additional resources used or expended.  It can be sold over and over ad infinitum for no additional cost or overhead.  It makes absolutely no sense to price a cash shop item so high.  It flies against the face of supply and demand and anything taught in business 101.  I like BDO but I refuse to support them on this issue.  $29 dollars for a costume is just absurd.
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Bloody hell! I've got to stop reading websites when I'm eating. I've just spat all over my keyboard. Nearly choked to death laughing!

A $3 saving, that's brilliant! They really listened to their players. All is well now I guess. No cash grab here folks!
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    I don't know why people whine about the price. Compared to real clothes it's pretty cheap, and those don't worn out so you can wear them forever if you feel like it.
    I don't know why people whine about the price. Compared to real clothes it's pretty cheap, and those don't worn out so you can wear them forever if you feel like it.

Did you really just compare virtual clothing to real life clothing?  Nah ....

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited February 2016

Have you ever heard of being sarcastic? oh shit everything I have on is equal to $29.43

I must be a cheap bastard.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • nimander99nimander99 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    ArChWind said:

Have you ever heard of being sarcastic?

It's commonly accepted that a winkey face ---> ;) placed after a ridiculous statement belies the sarcasm :D
    edited February 2016
    ArChWind said:

Have you ever heard of putting a /sarcasm at the end of the post to ensure that this is exactly what one is communicating?

There is nothing about that post that screams obvious sarcasm.  You can assume sarcasm, but that's exactly what you would be doing.  And I presume you know what happens when one assumes?  I have seen many a posts on this forum that I would assume to be sarcasm that were not, and I treated them accordingly.  

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Just in case anyone cares they have announced a sale that will start the 3rd that will have costumes down to 2500 pearls.(thats down from the current adjusted 2900).
    We can probably safely bet they will have other sales from time to time.
    If people are patient they could get things when cheaper.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    ArChWind said:

Have you ever heard of putting a /sarcasm at the end of the post to ensure that this is exactly what one is communicating?

There is nothing about that post that screams obvious sarcasm.  You can assume sarcasm, but that's exactly what you would be doing.  I have seen many a posts on this forum that I would assume to be sarcasm that were not.  

woah man take it easy read what else I said. The prices are just stupidly over priced. I bought the game too.

Well I suppose the purpose is to give those paying this an incentive to hang around in game for awhile. I can't spoil it sorry they will have to find out.

I already said too much.

shit 
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Seems pretty reasonable to me. Do they support global shipping? Or is that region locked too? XD
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

Jownz said:

Gaming is a hobby. If you can't afford it, go get a job. Some people build model air planes, Some people ride motor cycles, Some jump out of planes. If you can't afford spending 30$ on the hobby you take interest in I say again GO GET A JOB! or find a cheaper hobby... 30$ is pretty cheap in my opinion.

got 100k year and these prices are crazy expensive, the fact im not okay with spending 30$ for a custome also a reason i probably gain more money that you each year.

you need decide where you spend your money wisely, and it a bad move and just a rip off

nothing to do with how much money someone have, you need learn money got a value and 30$ spend for nothing who dont worth it a bad move.

my english my third langage hope you understand