Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Division: Lone Wolf Wrecks 3 Bullies in the DarkZone

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
edited February 2016 in General Gaming

Post edited by ElRenmazuo on

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    3rd person view? I dont know how people cant get serious about game play in that view

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    SEANMCAD said:
    3rd person view? I dont know how people cant get serious about game play in that view
    What is wrong with it?
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?
    I cant see my back in real life why would I want to do that in a game and try to call myself a serious shooter?

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    SEANMCAD said:
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?
    I cant see my back in real life why would I want to do that in a game and try to call myself a serious shooter?
    Damn near pissed myself laughing when I read those 3 words "Serious Shooter" and "Game", sorry I know your being genuine, but come on you gotta see the funny side.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    And the moral of the story is, never have a meeting during a combat situation...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    And the moral of the story is, never have a meeting during a combat situation...
    And never say 3,2,1 lol
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    SEANMCAD said:
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?
    Yeah. Serious shooter. Sure.
  • mastersam21mastersam21 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    This game never boasted about being a "Serious shooter." I believe they said it's an RPG first so if your looking for something more realistic Division isn't it.

I love that video. Kids think they have a free kill, taunting the guy only to find out the hard way.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    AwDiddums said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?
    Damn near pissed myself laughing when I read those 3 words "Serious Shooter" and "Game", sorry I know your being genuine, but come on you gotta see the funny side.
    I find it amusing when people call it aiming. It's not aiming, it's pointing at best.

This game never boasted about being a "Serious shooter." I believe they said it's an RPG first so if your looking for something more realistic Division isn't it.

I love that video. Kids think they have a free kill, taunting the guy only to find out the hard way.
    ok fair enough so why are we posting this rpg video called '

Lone Wolf Wrecks 3 Bullies in the DarkZone' 

and in general gaming on top of it?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I'm not clear why he could take them down so quickly but they were shooting at him and he basically "didn't flinch"?

And "Thug Life"? Please.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    good times

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?
    i dont shoot guns in real life using mouse/controller, why would i use one in game and try to call myself a serious shooter?

OH.... its a game, theres nothing serious about it.

Sovrath said:
    I'm not clear why he could take them down so quickly but they were shooting at him and he basically "didn't flinch"?

And "Thug Life"? Please.
    One of them actually shot him a few rounds, the other two tried and missed and got killed fast.  Then the last one that actually shot him a little got nervous and started running.  Plus it is an rpg so his gear is probably better than theirs.

Here is a more serious pvp fight

1. this should not even be posted on General 
    2. to jump on people for suggesting that its not serious shooters with titles like 'intense pvp'? really

edited February 2016

SEANMCAD said:
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?
    i dont shoot guns in real life using mouse/controller, why would i use one in game and try to call myself a serious shooter?

I strongly suggest you watch the video.

3rd person is a HUGE immersion killer and its basically designed for 'easy play'. hide behind something but you can see over it? really? 

if they didnt want any realism in the game whatsover why is it a map of New York city?

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Damn, that was funny. He told them.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

SEANMCAD said:
    2. to jump on people for suggesting that its not serious shooters with titles like 'intense pvp'? really
    Intense PvP within the context of the game and not in comparison to reality or other games

The first video in the OP was not meant to represent any kind of "intense" PvP, it was just for kicks and giggles.

The 2nd video I posted was just to show how serious or intense the pvp can become within the game and not in comparison to reality or other games.  And by serious or intense I mean how Action Packed small group pvp can get. 
    edited February 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    Intense PvP within the context of the game and not in comparison to reality or other games

The first video in the OP was not meant to represent any kind of "intense" PvP, it was just for kicks and giggles.

The 2nd video I posted was just to show how serious or intense the pvp can become within the game and not in comparison to reality or other games.  And by serious or intense I mean how Action Packed small group pvp can get. 
    I just wish this thread was not in general it would have helped both us. even more so with the title like I even want to know what DZ is

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    SEANMCAD said:

if they didnt want any realism in the game whatsover why is it a map of New York city?
    What has that got to do with realism within game mechanics?

Or are you implying you can only have realistic game mechanics in a game world that's also real?

So for example, people wanting realistic combat mechanics in say Tamriel or the Star Wars universe can't because the game worlds/universe don't actually exist.

And you'd get people bleating "if they did want any realism in the game why did they try it in a made up world? It's totally unrealistic."

I just wish this thread was not in general it would have helped both us. even more so with the title like I even want to know what DZ is
    I fixed the title for you so you and others like you will know what game the thread is about.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    SEANMCAD said:

3rd person is a HUGE immersion killer and its basically designed for 'easy play'. hide behind something but you can see over it? really? 
    sorry but that is your personal opinion. There is nothing more immersion breaking to me than controlling a floating weapon on my screen when im just holding a mouse/keyboard/gamepad. If you want immersion, use VR in first person. Just because you probably dont like Third Person doesnt make it bad or any less immersive than the fake first person (non-VR)

Easy play you said? go play the souls games. And dont say its not a shooter, its still third person.

EDIT: also, in The Division everyone is playing in third person, i can look at my surroundings but my enemy can do exactly the same. We are all on the same boat.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:
    carotid said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    What is wrong with it?

That review broke my real life immersion!
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    SEANMCAD said:
    And what game are you playing thats a first person shooter thats considered a serious shooter? What game are you playing that is first person right now? Isometric games are the worst, no realism... I can't see the top of my head! You can't have intense combat when you're not LOOKING THROUGH THE EYES OF THE CHARACTER.. MOBAs aren't a real thing.. they're stupid.. no realism... no real action.. But I guess you're right again Sean.. this game you haven't played sure can't say it has intense moments at all, which is why you haven't tried it.. nor would try it. What game are you playing again?