Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playthrough with RipperX #1 - Atlas Reactor

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2016 in Videos Discussion

imagePlaythrough with RipperX #1 - Atlas Reactor

Atlas Reactor is a fun sci-fi tactical game from Trion Worlds Combining fast-paced action with simultaneous turns in nail-biting, high-stakes battles, Atlas Reactor has players outsmart and outgun their way to fame and glory. Atlas Reactor pits a unique cast of larger-than-life Freelancers against each other in a future built by giant Trusts paying top-dollar for information, espionage, and goods. Battles play out in simultaneous turns where players have mere seconds to survey the field, coordin

Read the full story here

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I went into this game with low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised. Its very polished, has a pretty good sound track and a pretty nice art style imho. My only issue was I wish there was a free look camera mode. The camera always hovers to whoever is resolving their moves. No complaints other than that. Look forward to the next play test.

FYI for thoes of you who managed to get alpha keys this time around. You can play in all play tests in the future.

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Wait really? If we got chosen, we can play in all future tests? Woohoo!!

It being a game with Trion attached to it scares me, but the game itself is very good. Hopefully it won't take long to add more characters though and a few changes like the camera and not being able to check what certain buffs/debuffs mean without actually waiting for your turn to come.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited February 2016
    I have two keys if anyone wants one, thought I don't know if the referral keys last the rest of alpha like the others
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    Yes Kano, I'm a super noob. Enjoyed the first Playthrough of the game though and think it could be fun and competitive in the long run. The phases definitely confused me.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I was lucky to get in on this alpha even, really didnt know what to expect but since i started playing i cant stop, very addictive. Theres definitely a learning curve to the game and each character you play. Finally a turn based tactic game
  • UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167

I went into this game with low expectations and was very pleasantly surprised. Its very polished, has a pretty good sound track and a pretty nice art style imho. My only issue was I wish there was a free look camera mode. The camera always hovers to whoever is resolving their moves. No complaints other than that. Look forward to the next play test.

FYI for thoes of you who managed to get alpha keys this time around. You can play in all play tests in the future.

ya do realize in the upper right of screen it says press c to activate manual camera so you can move it as you wish
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    wow this looks really neat!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I couldn't finish the video,looks boring to me.
    Maps need to be bigger and idk i just don't like the way it plays.Also don't like the timer,not into feeling rushed in a turn based game.
    Also since the maps are so small,nothing on the map seem to matter,as any character can just rush onto any square quickly and easily.To bring more tactics into it,would like to see a 20x20 grid and players can only move 1 square at a time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Being an XCOM addict I went into this with super high hopes but ended up being bored. Granted I currently don't have any time for games so there was no 2nd try but I'm not giving up just yet.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Actually this is a nice game in the sense it is not twitch so unlike those games where you have to rely on fast reflexes to PvP here you are making strategic decisions which is very refreshing way to play.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

DMKano said:

I have a thread on this but worth posting again

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtlasReactor/comments/46j7pa/my_keyboard_lights_up_based_on_what_abilities_i/

Cool little thing for those with Chroma Razer keyboards - Atlas reactor support is already in.

Any idea if there is something similar available for Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB MX Silent?
  • NytefuryNytefury Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Great game, really enjoyed it, looking forward to more.