Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Division: Small Details Make a Big World

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/17/the-impressive-little-details-of-the-division

Fictional Brands
230 pieces of fake advertising in the game, and each brand has its own identity, slogans, and advertising campaign, which you can see around New York.
Almost everywhere you go in Manhattan youre surrounded by advertisements and brands

Graffiti
A commissioned graffiti mural

Fake Movies
movie-6jpg-0d7fab_1280w

Destruction
LCD Destruction
Destructible Sign

Cars
Over 22,300 hand-placed vehicles, around 493 variations
Buses were appropriated to assist in the mass evacuation of Manhattan

Garbage
28,349 piles of garbage litter
garbage-2jpg
medical-garbagejpg

Snow
Snow Tree

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    why not real brands? I never understood that. Companies should be crawlling over themselves saying 'YES please put our brand in your game!'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    SEANMCAD said:
    why not real brands? I never understood that. Companies should be crawlling over themselves saying 'YES please put our brand in your game!'
    Because those companies want the developer to pay them to put their brands in the game.  It would be great if corporations would allow them for free.
    SEANMCAD said:
    Because those companies want the developer to pay them to put their brands in the game.  It would be great if corporations would allow them for free.
    yeah and the thing is they (the companies) should really be paying the developer to put their logo in the games. but maybe they will catch on in another 10-30 years or so.

Here is someone who is not watching your add on TV because he is playing a video game. They should be paying the developers for that service

edited February 2016
    Yeah I really get enough advertising all day long every single day.  Please keep it out of my game.
    I love it!

I mean if I am going to look at a sign in my virtual world why not have it be an add, instead of LITERALLY an Add Simulator?

I like to buy and use real Farm Equipment in Farming Simulator in fact, on my list now because of a game is to go to a John Deer dealership. I think its a shoe end obvious thing to do

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Every time my cousin (who is an artist himself) sees graffiti in game he takes a screen shot of it and posts it on his Xbox wall.   He's accumulated quite a bit of it from the betas, and I do have to say, when I come upon some of it, I'm tempted to do it myself. 

I don't know if they are all original to the game,  or if they are actually from the streets of new york. Either way,  they're pretty impressive.