Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question about classes

DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
I'm not overly familiar with this game, especially about the class system. I know that u can pick up a second class which will then turn your class into something else, say white mage. But my question is do I have to do this to be usefull for raiding, or can I go with just the base class, say conjurer(I think that's what its called).

Comments

• ShaiapoufShaiapouf Member UncommonPosts: 53
    You basically have to pick up the "Jobs" which are expansions onto the Classes. It doesn't take away from all the skills and core of what it is to be the base class by and large, but just adds extra Stats and abilities. So like a Conjurer will cast Cure, while a White Mage will case Cure, Cure II, Holy, and the such. The jobs aren't extra classes so much as the "evolution" of the class.
  • LohdownLohdown Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Once you complete the level 10 class quest with your starting class, you open up the armoury system.  You can then change to any class in the game just by equipping that classes weapon.  Each class in the game has a specific "job" associated with it.  The example you gave is that Conjurer can become a White Mage.

The job is a specialization of the class.  You don't have to do it, but I have not seen anyone in the game not become the jobs associated with the classes.  It is just something you do and is a natural progression as you play the game.

To open up the quest line for a job, you need to become level 30 in the main class and level 15 in the secondary class associated with that job.  As an example, to become a white mage, you will need to level up conjurer to level 30 and arcanist to level 15.

As for raiding, yes, you will want to be the job.  The better gear in the game always tends to be job specific.

The moment I read "It's like" or "WoW" is the moment I stop reading your post.

• mentoplusmentoplus Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited February 2016
    End game gear doesn't exist for classes, only for jobs. An example would be the gear is white mage only not for conjurer 
  • DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Ok thks everyone.