Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar is going down the dumps

mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

THE FUTURE OF PVP IN WILDSTAR

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2016-02-24-the-future-of-pvp-in-wildstar/

http://https//forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/149832-pvp-server-transfer-details/

We’ve just announced how we’re supporting open world  PvP moving forward, and how we’re bringing the PvP and PvE communities together. You can read more about it in The Future of PvP in WildStar news article.

With the upcoming mandatory transfers of all PvP characters to the PvE servers during maintenance on Wednesday, March 16, we’ve enabled free transfers from the PvP to PvE servers in each region (Warhound->Entity and Luminai->Jabbit). If you’d like to take advantage of these free transfers and have more manual control over your transfer, you can begin a character transfer in-game from the character selection screen.

Be aware that on March 16 a mandatory move will take place for any characters that haven’t moved already. Because naming conflicts can arise from the mandatory transfers—and active players receive name preference—we recommend taking advantage of the free transfers as soon as possible, and manually transferring your characters beforehand. If you choose to manually transfer your character there are some restrictions you can find in the Realm Transfer FAQ. Stated limitations won’t apply for the mandatory transfer on March 16 as we will move all characters and social groups regardless.

There’s a name ownership hierarchy that exists for transfer that automatically settles any naming conflicts that might occur, and it’s designed to try to provide preference to more active players. Here are how the rules break down:

Character name conflicts upon transferring:

• If character A has not logged in within 30 days, and character B has logged in within the last 30 days, character B retains the name, and character A will be asked to rename upon next login.
  • If both players have logged in within the last 30 days, the PvE server character will retain the name.

Guild/Circle/War Party/Arena Team name conflicts upon transferring:

• If group A does not have any players that have logged in within the last 30 days, and group B does have at least one player that has logged in within the last 30 days, group B retains the name.
  • If both groups have at least one player that has logged in within the last 30 days, the PvE server group retains the name.

Be aware that custom chat channels will not transfer over, and will have to be remade on the PvE servers once your characters are transferred.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    If a server transfer happens in a game where no one is affected, does it make a difference?

(HINT: PvP servers have been notoriously vacant for a very long time in WildStar; this was a long time coming.)
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Man, I feel for this game.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    This thread is click bait. Reading the title i thought the game was shutting down.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    This game was DOA. The WORST (supposed AAA) I have ever played, now they are making it even WORSE?? OWPVP....yeah that's the way to chase off the 10s of players you have left for picking up 1 or 2.....BRILLIANT!!!!  (the stupidity is astonishing).
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    bentrim said:
    This game was DOA. The WORST (supposed AAA) I have ever played, now they are making it even WORSE?? OWPVP....yeah that's the way to chase off the 10s of players you have left for picking up 1 or 2.....BRILLIANT!!!!  (the stupidity is astonishing).
    If you read the article what they are saying is that they are moving the pvp players to the pve servers but the only people who can pvp are those who set their flag for pvp.

They then want to create incentives for people to set their flags for pvp.

But no one is going to be forced to pvp. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    It is not a click bait, I made this to share my frustration at this game, I just subbed to the game and now they are merging the PVP servers with the PVE servers, all because the devs are too lazy to fix the problems of PVP, the easy way out is to merge servers down to 2 (2 servers). Can you honestly tell me the game is doing good when both PVP servers we loosing players at an alarming rate and the best solution is not to fix the problems with PVP combat and instead merge the servers? Is that really the solution or it means the game is going to the dumps?

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    You mean people don't want to open world PvP?   Weird, after reading so many posters on here I thought everyone wanted that. 
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    What's with all these exagerated headlines lately?

Everyone knows the population of WS isn't healthy and the pvp population even less so.
    Looks like they are trying to focus on their last few active players rather than the minority.

If you want to create a doom and gloom thread base it on the last financial report and NC's history of dealing with non-profitable games but not with nonsense like this.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Sovrath said:
    bentrim said:
    If you read the article what they are saying is that they are moving the pvp players to the pve servers but the only people who can pvp are those who set their flag for pvp.

That means that one player is running around with PvP flag on and the other 9 are just running circles around him and mocking him till he leaves the server :D
    Or worst it means some PVP players who are bored may just decide to grief other players and we all know what can of worms that can open.

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    server merge due to lacking players on the pvp server ? i give it 2 months befor jabbit is empty, this is a short term fix.
    Rhygarth said:
    server merge due to lacking players on the pvp server ? i give it 2 months befor jabbit is empty, this is a short term fix.
    That is my same thought, once griefing starts a lot of PVE players will leave, there is not a lack of PVE games out there.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    lol this game is on its death bed. I tried and tried to like it myself but it was way to generic and involved all the headache of wow and GW2 without any of the fun parts of those games it mimics. Still hands down the most quest and screen clutter of any game Ive played to this day with so much useless cluttered quests.  
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Though I've recently quit for good... The merge is moving people to the PvE server... How will anyone be grieved? It's already extremely complex to even flag yourself pvp (other than throwing a heal on someone flagged.)

Either way, doesn't matter. They'll never get the new content completed without so many bugs that it's unplayable. Half of Datascape and Genetic Archives is still broken over a year since released, I don't see the new raid, which is now being rushed because of people like me that are quitting (whole guilds quitting) due to severe lack of content and have already beat Datascape to death for over a year.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Reizla said:
    Sovrath said:
    bentrim said:

That means that one player is running around with PvP flag on and the other 9 are just running circles around him and mocking him till he leaves the server :D
    PVP'ers tend to be a fairly vocal minority, but, a closer approximation would probably be 19 players running circles around the lone PVP'er, thats even assuming anyone notices such a 'small' influx of players.
    On the positive side, reducing server numbers in this way may improve the games longevity, although conversely, whether it can be said that Wildstar at this point generates more, or less, than COH/COV did when it was shut down, is somewhat in question.
    Interesting times, wonder what other measures they may have in mind for improving the games revenue generation?
    I was really hopping that this game after went F2P will star releasing upgrades, fixes and content, but I am just on the fence right now.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Torval said:
    Or worst it means some PVP players who are bored may just decide to grief other players and we all know what can of worms that can open.
    Griefing how? What are they going to do that can't be resolved with a report and ban? This does sort of speak to the character and quality of a community type (owpvp gankers) that resort to griefing.
    Unless the PVP'er can somehow force their prospective victim into flagging for PVP, i doubt that any griefing can even take place, its my understanding that on the PVE server, PVP is entirely voluntary, if at all, is that perception awry?
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    Torval said:
    Griefing how? What are they going to do that can't be resolved with a report and ban? This does sort of speak to the character and quality of a community type (owpvp gankers) that resort to griefing.
    Unless the PVP'er can somehow force their prospective victim into flagging for PVP, i doubt that any griefing can even take place, its my understanding that on the PVE server, PVP is entirely voluntary, if at all, is that perception awry?
    I think you're right. It sort of depends on what flags a person for pvp. I've seen poor coding around the flagging mechanic in both Rift and SWTOR. It depends on if AoE skills affect pvp players. Will an aoe attack cause the flag to be thrown? Will a heal trigger a chain flag? Sometimes a tab target onto a pvp player and then a skill execute can do the trick. In that scenario a pvp player usually hides in neutral aggro mobs and tries to get the pve player to flag while the mobs attack him. Those are the usual sorts of tricks they use.

If a player is doing that then they are usually reported. Whether they get banned is another story. If they get multiple reports for griefing then they usually do, at least get warned. If Carbine allows easy exploit flagging then their forums will light up with salt from the pve crowd who wanted nothing to do with that.

The best thing Carbine could have done is to avoid this by removing OW pvp flagging and leave that all to battle grounds. We'll see what comes of it.
    All attacks in wildstar are AoE... No, you literally have to flag yourself, OR heal a target that is flagged, attacking does not flag. Flagging yourself requires going through several menus currently, /pvp only chats in the pvp channel.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Torval said:
    Right now if your in a group  if someone in the group is flagged and you heal them or buff them etc  you become auto flagged but carbine have said they will look into this so.... we shall see 

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Yep the devs said they are looking into this, how long will take before a solution is found, anyone guess.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Asm0deus said:
    Torval said:
    Right now if your in a group  if someone in the group is flagged and you heal them or buff them etc  you become auto flagged but carbine have said they will look into this so.... we shall see 

Duh? Isn't that to stop people exploiting it by healing their friends whilst in PvP and staying unflagged.

Seems pretty straightforward imo
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    crowfall will follow wildstar path..

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited February 2016
    Asm0deus said:
    Torval said:

Duh? Isn't that to stop people exploiting it by healing their friends whilst in PvP and staying unflagged.

Seems pretty straightforward imo
    Duh? It's exploitable the other way too when your doing world bosses and you throw a heal and some joker is flagged and gets you flagged..it can even start a chain reaction..

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    cronius77 said:
    lol this game is on its death bed. I tried and tried to like it myself but it was way to generic and involved all the headache of wow and GW2 without any of the fun parts of those games it mimics. Still hands down the most quest and screen clutter of any game Ive played to this day with so much useless cluttered quests.  
    pretty much. recently a friend has been trying to get me to play and i could never put my finger on what annoyed me so much about the game. Then the other day it hit me. Wildstar could you please leave me alone get out of my face all the time and let me fall in love naturally. no love will be had on this day my friends!
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Man, I feel for this game.  
    Why?  It's a bad game.  Worst thing that could happen is it does well and then we're stuck with fucking Wildstar clones for a few years.

Feel bad for the players who love it (for some reason), but the game itself should die in a fire.  The sooner the better.