Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that CB2 is over, those who have played, thumbs up or down?

Comments

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Will play casually, just not at launch.

So not sure what options to vote on :/ - I might wait for several months post launch.

In no rush as my guild won't be playing so no big deal
    Same he had kinda fun like to see more.
    But not willing to fork over the 30$ to play a soon to be f2p.
    Missing the option "Willing to play but not fork over 30$ to play a f2p game" :pleased:

Witch is kinda stupid since the first thing i would do is buy an outfit and 3 pets (witch is more then the 30$ they ask just to get in)

Hey wait a second is that not how F2P games work, yes it is, to bad daum does not know.

Kind of wondering where the "Premium" is in this game, or are they gonna put that in later (hint) re genning more energy and so on.

• SgtEnigmaSgtEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 4
    BDO definitely brings something refreshing and new to the table for an old UO vet. Don't really mind the cash shop issue as I'm in it for the gameplay itself. Played through CB1 and CB2 and had a wonderful experience thus far. Will be definitely playing the game!
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Gender locking the classes isn't all bad, it can be a good thing if they first provide male/female versions for all classes, or at least for most of them. They change the physics/abilities, even a slight change is appreciated. 
    For instance back in WoW vanilla I tanked with my Tauren Warrior and PvPed with my Undead Warrior just because of racial passives. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    The difference of some of the systems attracted me. They are certainly fairly complex and behind a knowledge barrier. As you scratch away at the barrier you realise that a lot of it is lack of documentation and poor UI (no map legend for example once you know the icons no problem but why?). I also felt some stuff was convoluted for complexities sake. The more I scratched away the more I began to feel it was complex without so much depth.

anyway the reason it gets my thumbs down is the cash shop. I don't like the P2W moniker it is entirely emotive and people all have there own idea of what exactly it means. What is irrefutable is that you can pay to get in game advantages I feel they are fairly significant and will be more so later on when it is a massive grind (days) to simply recover XP from a single death.
  • Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    I haven't looked through the whole thread cause I just don't have that time right now.  However did any ever get to the sandbox features of this game?  It was my understanding this was a sandbox and while I played I only had quest after quest to do and an autorun feature that ran me there, making the game not fun at all and completely not what I expected.  Is this just another themepark? 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Cramit845 said:
    I haven't looked through the whole thread cause I just don't have that time right now.  However did any ever get to the sandbox features of this game?  It was my understanding this was a sandbox and while I played I only had quest after quest to do and an autorun feature that ran me there, making the game not fun at all and completely not what I expected.  Is this just another themepark? 
    It's not really a "sandbox" per se but a mixture.

What you should do next time (if you are in the game) is drop the quests and just do what you want to do.

I ended up dropping the quests and ended up discovering what seemed like a secret mine with dwarves. They were purple to me so I made my way through slowly.

It was nice to discover something. I'm not sure if there are any quests that eventually point to the place I found but other than a quest doing so, I wouldn't have discovered it had I not been curious about just going out and exploring the world.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Sovrath said:
    Cramit845 said:

What you should do next time (if you are in the game) is drop the quests and just do what you want to do.

I ended up dropping the quests and ended up discovering what seemed like a secret mine with dwarves. They were purple to me so I made my way through slowly.

It was nice to discover something. I'm not sure if there are any quests that eventually point to the place I found but other than a quest doing so, I wouldn't have discovered it had I not been curious about just going out and exploring the world.

This!

Also keep in mind that quest don't give any "xp" per say.

You will want to do quest mostly for contribution points, vigor and the occasionnal inventory slots upgrades.  So it's ok to go out and explore and kill stuff, it will in fact help you level up faster. If you want to get involved in all the various systems though, you will need contribution points (to unlock nodes, etc.) so you probably need to balance things off.   It's not a standard themepark where you reach a hub, do quests, then move on to the next,etc. until you reach level cap where the (supposedly) "real game" begins. Do what you feel like doing, it will pay up in some way or another!
  • Cramit845Cramit845 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Sovrath said:
    Cramit845 said:

This!

Also keep in mind that quest don't give any "xp" per say.

You will want to do quest mostly for contribution points, vigor and the occasionnal inventory slots upgrades.  So it's ok to go out and explore and kill stuff, it will in fact help you level up faster. If you want to get involved in all the various systems though, you will need contribution points (to unlock nodes, etc.) so you probably need to balance things off.   It's not a standard themepark where you reach a hub, do quests, then move on to the next,etc. until you reach level cap where the (supposedly) "real game" begins. Do what you feel like doing, it will pay up in some way or another!
    Yea, I think I'm all set with that.  Not interested in a Themebox or Sandpark, choose which ever word you'd like but I expected something a lot more open rather than a combination.  Glad I figured it out in the CBT.
  • blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Cramit845 said:
    Yea, I think I'm all set with that.  Not interested in a Themebox or Sandpark, choose which ever word you'd like but I expected something a lot more open rather than a combination.  Glad I figured it out in the CBT.
    Sure glad you did! :)

It's kind of the opposite for me.. This game was not really on my radar (don't really like Eastern mmos),  but I got a free key and tried it, and it got me interested because of exactly what puts you off (combination of both, which gives me more options on what I can decide to do on a given night, based on how I feel ).
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

It's more like "finally a game that got the consequences for being a murderous psychopath right".

Yes, because the consequence for a genocide when you are exterminating an entire tribe of creatures is money and praise. What are you talking about? You know why it is called a game?

Because it not real! 

Meh probably now you would like to suggest me a video about violence in video games? or how it relates to real life ... lmao
    edited February 2016

It's more like "finally a game that got the consequences for being a murderous psychopath right".

Yes, because the consequence for a genocide when you are exterminating an entire tribe of creatures is money and praise. What are you talking about? You know why it is called a game?

Because it not real! 

Meh probably now you would like to suggest me a video about violence in video games? or how it relates to real life ... lmao
    Nope, it's not about violence, and I suspect you perfectly understood what I was meaning, sorry if I overestimated you.

It's about limiting the highest way a player has to interact with another in a MMORPG so that that way doesn't take over the whole game.
    And that highest way is PvP, killing the other player.
    If you don't limit that, mindless killing takes over the game which becomes a mindless gankfest.
    Therefore a criminal's life must be very harsh to ensure all play styles remain valid and not just mindless PKing.

This is what almost killed UO before they added Trammel to save it.

Sorry I thought you were a grown up man that understands how society and humans works. You need to read a history book or two or at least look how people live in a war zone. Look how a sandbox like EVE works, or survival games - there are few or no safe zones (low sec and high sec in eve) and few penalties for pk.
    Mindless killing is part of our world, we don't live in a perfect society or in a PVE world.

When there are no game restriction or penalties in pvp, people organize and make their own government and rules. This is a real sandbox. So please spare me your condescension.

Lastly. What almost killed or not a game is a pretty common topic on this forum. Everyone thinks he knows the right answer. You are not a special snowflake in this case.

These are my preferences for a game and you can like them or not but please don't put words in my mouth or teach me a "philosophy" of a certain game mechanic.

Post edited by n3v3rriv3r on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    koljane said:
    BD is not even a game. It is beautiful emptiness.
    I agree that for a WoW and clones player, the game must be very confusing.
    Does it look like it will turn out to fulfill the promise AA looked to have?

I really enjoyed that title in the prelauch phase but the eventual shenanigans/mishandling by Trion at go live drove me off.

I love playing another MMORPG, but sometimes there just is an urge for a more "grounded" experience.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69
    /thumbsdown @OP.  The b2p is nothing but a money grab cause this game should be f2p, but devs know westerners love to throw money at hype.
    Make a simple test to see if your vision of real lif is correct: try to go in the street and start killing people... and see how long it lasts before the police arrests you or puts a bullet in your head. End of game, you're gone.

I think I am done here this is just too ridiculous. *quick look at your avatar*

p.s. Please don't do any tests and don't try to jump from a tall building - you will not respawn. Just believe me.
  • tenfootgoatman123tenfootgoatman123 Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I like the game a lot but the cosmetic gear with bonuses in the cash shop has made me a little wary . I wont say I will never play it but I am now going to hold fire for a few months to see how it all plays out and to get some feedback from people as to how much it effects the gameplay . 
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    I was able to grab a key and was happy for that. I was all set to buy-in, then I gave it a good 4-6 hours and I just couldn't get into it. I like alot of the ideas in the game, it's just not for me.....for now ..
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Kyleran said:
    koljane said:
    BD is not even a game. It is beautiful emptiness.
    I agree that for a WoW and clones player, the game must be very confusing.
    Does it look like it will turn out to fulfill the promise AA looked to have?

I really enjoyed that title in the prelauch phase but the eventual shenanigans/mishandling by Trion at go live drove me off.

I love playing another MMORPG, but sometimes there just is an urge for a more "grounded" experience.
    If you play on EU I'll buy you one. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I had to go with the "almost sure" only because of my lack of time.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    I was on the fence when I first got into the game and thought nahhhh... But as I started to actually get a feel for the knowledge and amnity and the open world I started to change my mind....

Decided I'm gonna pick it up, it's actually kinda deep once you get into the actual systems of the game........
  • tilt5tilt5 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Won't play.  Mouse lock extremely annoying.  Combat repetitive and no challenge.  Instanced housing.  And I don't trust the cash shop/no trade setup one bit.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    tilt5 said:
    Won't play.  Mouse lock extremely annoying.  Combat repetitive and no challenge.  Instanced housing.  And I don't trust the cash shop/no trade setup one bit.
    Mouse lock is much better than the alternative of holding down the right mouse button all the time.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    tilt5 said:
     Combat repetitive and no challenge.
    Says to me the guy played to about level 2, lol :).
  • odinthor021odinthor021 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    edited February 2016
    I'll be roaming around the countryside chopping trees and mining copper. Set up some trade nodes then see if my trade route can be over run with blood thirsty bandits. Sounds like fun! :pleased: 
    Mouse lock gimme a break
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'll be roaming around the countryside chopping trees and mining copper. Set up some trade nodes then see if my trade route can be over run with blood thirsty bandits. Sounds like fun! :pleased: 
    Mouse lock gimme a break
    As far as trading goes, I just found out there is another option not subject to bandits: as long as you have a chain of nodes from where you're crafting your boxes or whatever to some far away place you want to sell it for the distance bonus, you can just send it to the storage near your destination and then just move it from there... I think I like that way better :)

This guy has a ton of guides about the game. This is his trading guide:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Gdemami said:
    It is a cool game sporting some nice features - high end graphics, vast open world, NPC gathering/crafting system but there are titles out there that deliver the same, cost about the same or are even f2p and provide superior quality compared to BDO.

I do not see the value for money in there but all fine, up to each own.

Really?  Care to mention what games you're talking about?