Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Large Scale PvP

SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
Looking for some recommendations where large scale is main part of the game with open world pvp (Non instanced, although a HUGE pvp zone/instance is ok, just no arena/bg shit) . Games I played/play and might go back to: Darkfall, Eve Online, Planetside 2.

I heard of DAOC but looks too old interface and graphics wise. I recently found a way to play WAR & SWG. Hated Albion Online style of control. Haven't seen anything about Crowfall that shows me it will have BIG fights. May check out the DAOC kickstarter. Prefer something from the western market.

I essentially maybe desperate enough to do ESO or GW2, since I have never showed interest in either even when they were hyped.

Player politics/player conquest/non faction is a plus for me.

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Well you already know about the two best options but want something else.  GW2 you must be in a populated server like Blackgate or the experience can be ruined.  ESO fixed that problem.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ControlBlueControlBlue Member UncommonPosts: 22
    EVE Online.

And no, I'm not joking. If you are actually looking for Large-scale PvP and real actual politics, this is the game for you.

www.pcgamer.com/eve-online-battle-asakai/

You will have to get into a null-sec alliance (please don't join the Goons though...), but yeah, if you are really looking for Large-scale and Politics, this is the game for you.
  • mirimkomirimko Member UncommonPosts: 13
    ESO is a good option for large and small scale PvP but it has 0 politics, and the holding conquest has no sense.
  • SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited February 2016
    filmoret said:
    Well you already know about the two best options but want something else.  GW2 you must be in a populated server like Blackgate or the experience can be ruined.  ESO fixed that problem.
    Ah was afraid of that, i just wasn't sure about GW2 since it seems like the main "end game" would be their e sports arena pvp. I know there isn't much to fight for in their WvWvW but if there is constant big fights I could get down with that until something better comes along.

I already know about eve and was finally willing to just ignore the combat i despise because I am so desperate for large scale pvp.

Thank you both for the ESO endorsement.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    Soarlozer said:
    filmoret said:
    Ah was afraid of that, i just wasn't sure about GW2 since it seems like the main "end game" would be their e sports arena pvp. I know there isn't much to fight for in their WvWvW but if there is constant big fights I could get down with that until something better comes along.

I already know about eve and was finally willing to just ignore the combat i despise because I am so desperate for large scale pvp.

Thank you both for the ESO endorsement.
    There isnt much to fight for in WvWvW just like there isnt much to fight for in ESO, Planetside 2, and The Secret World's Fusang pvp. All 4 are the same pvp with their own tweaks and tricks to give their own unique touch. They are all just a never ending battle for control.

I think those are the best options. Unfortunately, TSW doesnt have enough people so Fusang is always completely empty.

• SoarlozerSoarlozer Member UncommonPosts: 61
    There isnt much to fight for in WvWvW just like there isnt much to fight for in ESO, Planetside 2, and The Secret World's Fusang pvp. All 4 are the same pvp with their own tweaks and tricks to give their own unique touch. They are all just a never ending battle for control.

I think those are the best options. Unfortunately, TSW doesnt have enough people so Fusang is always completely empty.
    I know but in PS2 there is no other place to go besides another continent. I assume ESO end game is in w/e that wvwvw zone is.

I singled out GW2 because the majority of forum talk is about how great the sPvP is and almost nothing about WvWvW or people just saying its zerg v zerg. Basically I don't care if the option to do small scale is there, as long as the main focus of the game is for huge fights with a community to support it (Which is why quit darkfall in the first place).
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    edited February 2016
    I wouldn't recommend this to most people but you look like you'd actually fit the niche perfectly and that is BDO (Black Desert). Sandpark OwPVP with more focus on open world, uninstanced, sandboxy, hardcore grind gameplay than anything else. Guild vs Guild wars are the main focus with Siege and Node wars (large and small scale sieges) being weekly activities as well as PK being available. Gorgeous graphics and great action combat, and the engine is actually very well optimized due to capable developers creating their own engine for the game.

You can declare GvGs on up to 5 guilds at a time for a very cheap cost and it lasts for a week unless you cancel it, and the other guild can't refuse. So it basically turns all those players red to you for completely un-penalized PvP anytime you see them in the game world for that duration.

Large, completely seamless uninstanced open world, heavy focus on level, gear, and skill point grind post 50 (level cap is 55 in NA/EU currently but post 50 leveling is insanely slow, to the point where 55 is a long grind and an achievement). So it's the type of game where you'll be out grinding mobs for various things most of your time, and encounter PvP naturally in the game world.

No player factions so mostly guild and player politics will drive the PvP and be a large focus. Current server setup is two servers per region with 4 channels each, so it does have the standard multiple server setup that personally I find necessary for such communities to thrive.

The major downsides I'd say are that PvP and grinding is the primary endgame but that seems to be what you're used to and look for anyway. Also unlike some of your other games, since it's Korean there is a heavy focus on OP gear, but you might be ok with that from what I can see. 

It's B2P and releases on March 3rd, with headstart beginning this coming Sunday for Conqueror's pack owners. I think you'd like it a lot. Many players just like you are into it so you'll feel right at home.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Large Scale PvP?

Darkfall

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Large scale PVP?

How about the army?  I don't know of any giant armies around, so I can't give you a much larger scale than 1:1.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• cooleechang1cooleechang1 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Soarlozer said:
    Looking for some recommendations where large scale is main part of the game with open world pvp (Non instanced, although a HUGE pvp zone/instance is ok, just no arena/bg shit) . Games I played/play and might go back to: Darkfall, Eve Online, Planetside 2.

I heard of DAOC but looks too old interface and graphics wise. I recently found a way to play WAR & SWG. Hated Albion Online style of control. Haven't seen anything about Crowfall that shows me it will have BIG fights. May check out the DAOC kickstarter. Prefer something from the western market.

I essentially maybe desperate enough to do ESO or GW2, since I have never showed interest in either even when they were hyped.

Black Desert has very good PVP.  It's also action combat with aim base 3rd person.  Guild wars 100v100, node wars which are small territory take over, and siegewars which are castle takeover that can grant guilds tax revenue., and lastly open world PVP.
  • LedrirLedrir Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I played DAoC but I don't think it is large scale pvp anymore.  Just a small population with small skirmishes now.  I am hoping that Camelot Unchained creates a game where there are large realm vs realm battles and a strong community that works together.
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Wait for Camelot Unchained
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Camelot Unchained is the only incoming game that I'm sure will support large scale battles. As Varking mentioned, we got to wait though!
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Soarlozer said:

www.riseofagon.com

Pro pvp coming soon yet again.. get ready for it..

not one game beats the pvp
  • VanderdoVanderdo Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Hey Imho you should try Rising Force Online ^_^
    I am starting a PvP focused guild in the upcoming new server 15th March I will open a LF Members topic as soon as I got the rights for it
    our fb team page https://www.facebook.com/RF-Online-Team-No-Mercy-1144166015605585/
  • BlurBlehBlurBleh Member UncommonPosts: 162
    So far the largest PvP I've seen in a MMO is GW2's WvWvW, but that was a long time ago and I'm not a PvP player.