Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6.4M Players Take Part in Open Beta

13»

Comments

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    blythega said:
    Wow .. and the game play was so shitty. I guess you can still sell a lot of games even if they are crap
    You must not have played as the gameplay was far from crap...
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    "Oh here we go the entitlement is already starting. "Too much profit" oh maybe they forgot their purpose is not to make money but to provide handouts to entitled snobs. Absolutely amazing! "

i wouldn't consider them a snob- but more of a free loader imo. and anyone who thinks any game should be free.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

DKLond said:

I'm still undecided but leaning towards getting it - knowing that it probably won't last long.

i felt the same way- iam waiting to see what the DLC holds and what the virus story leads upto....ill wait n see.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2016
    6.4 mil players, 25gb download ...
    6 400 000 x 25 000 000 000 = 160 000 000 000 000 000 bytes downloaded ?

or 11 111 111 111 floppy discs for the old farts out there
    or counted in neurons 1 860 465 complete brains

That is more peas than your cousin Bill can eat!
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    Gorilla said:
    What is normal for a beta? Sounds pretty good to me. All I could find that was pretty impressive was Battlefront with 9mil in beta.
    No idea. ESO had over 5mil in Beta, but that was only on 1 platform, othervise it would likely easily reach over 10mil.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Enjoyed the beta more then I was expecting.

Plenty of stuff to figure out, nice explorable rewarding area's. Almost any stairs/ladders I see I will climb, sometimes entering a apartment/building, sometimes ending up on rooftops. In short exploring is made fun.

Graphics where much better then I thought, watching clips the last several months made me slighty disappointed, but getting ingame makes allot of difference then seeing a recording even high res from someone else.

NPC facial animations really sucked me in, even beter then many current singelplayer games

Liked the cover movement, reacted very accurate and also delivers a certain tacticle approuche.

Didn't touch DZ because the taste I got in beta made me want more of the game, for now will wait till release...

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    All these kinds of games lose players far in excess to what normal mmorpg titles do, go play destiny or titanfall and see how many players are still around. All of those games had mass numbers of players at start.
    scorpex-x said:
    All these kinds of games lose players far in excess to what normal mmorpg titles do, go play destiny or titanfall and see how many players are still around. All of those games had mass numbers of players at start.
    Destiny is still one of the most played games on xb1 and ps4. 
    edited February 2016
    kjempff said:
    6.4 mil players, 25gb download ...
    6 400 000 x 25 000 000 000 = 160 000 000 000 000 000 bytes downloaded ?

or 11 111 111 111 floppy discs for the old farts out there
    or counted in neurons 1 860 465 complete brains

That is more peas than your cousin Bill can eat!

So 1.8 millions brains to share amongst 6.4 millions players.  Sounds about right :pleased: 
    And zero brains shared by those who mindlessly  complain about a video game they have no interest in...
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    scorpex-x said:

Activision Confirms 'Destiny 2' In 2017, And A 'Large New Expansion' Coming In 2016

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

pinktailz said:

Wtf is this pointless articles? Who cares how much tried beta?

Apparently you don't see how much this plays into advertising on a grand scale. how we talk about WoW subscribers. more customers=more success.

pinktailz said:

Apparently you don't see how much this plays into advertising on a grand scale. how we talk about WoW subscribers. more customers=more success.
    Except the only people who use wow sub numbers are those who say the game is failing because it lost X sub numbers....nine try though. 

pinktailz said:

Except the only people who use wow sub numbers are those who say the game is failing because it lost X sub numbers....nine try though. 

I played wow had a good time and quit. Did I refer to the game failing? No sir I did not. Did we use to talk about how it had over +10million before your craptastic view point, yes we did :)

pinktailz said:

I played wow had a good time and quit. Did I refer to the game failing? No sir I did not. Did we use to talk about how it had over +10million before your craptastic view point, yes we did :)
    Did they stop publishing sub numbers yes they did.  If it was such a great "advertising" gimmick why would they stop?  Because today sub numbers/sales are mostly used by the trolls.... So yeah nice try. 
    edited February 2016

pinktailz said:

Did they stop publishing sub numbers yes they did.  If it was such a great "advertising" gimmick why would they stop?  Because today sub numbers/sales are mostly used by the trolls.... So yeah nice try. 

[mod edit] The point I was making is The Divison has 6,400,000 players in its beta alone. which is no easy feat alone. who gives a crap about your haterade. many companies show subscription numbers. [mod edit]

Post edited by Vaross on
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    I liked what i seen and will buy game when it goes live. Just need to decide xbox1 or PC. Leaning to the Master Race PC!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    edited February 2016
    I liked it although didn't like how I couldn't search buildings and look for loot
    You can, it's just that all buildings aren't open.  But there are quite a few apartments and store fronts to search through.  I can't remember her name, but the female agent in the origin videos has an apartment.. and you can enter that same apartment.  There's a bunch of goodies in there.  I thought that was really cool.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Brenics said:
    I liked what i seen and will buy game when it goes live. Just need to decide xbox1 or PC. Leaning to the Master Race PC!
    Kind of where I am at. I played the Beta on the Xbox and am leaning that way. Though I like the PC version allowing for me to run Multi Monitor and higher resolution and to be able to adjust the UI. Still on the fence.
    On top of that you still have the option to use gamepad whenever you want.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Brenics said:
    Kind of where I am at. I played the Beta on the Xbox and am leaning that way. Though I like the PC version allowing for me to run Multi Monitor and higher resolution and to be able to adjust the UI. Still on the fence.
    On top of that you still have the option to use gamepad whenever you want.
    True. I hope the PC version will have a healthy population. With the interest in the game already high I would imagine it would be. Plus getting it on PC will probably save a few bucks.
    While you're right about the benefits, the reason I do shooters on console are pretty much 1) you don't have as many cheaters and 2) the shooter population, especially on XB1 is usually higher than the other platforms for longer.  I guess it doesn't hurt that I have a lot of friends on XB1,  but it is more expensive for sure. 

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    cool story brow pure PR news