Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Closed Beta Two Ignites the Community - Black Desert Online at MMORPG.com

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    laserit said:
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    I have not and will not judge a person for doing so.  So no... I have not and will not criticize. 
    Do you understnd the term "criticize"...?
    Example:

You're dumb for spending 40k on a motorcycle. You should spend more on your attire.
    Wonder if you can get a warning here for flaming yourself? :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    DMKano said:
    yaminsux said:
    Remove the freaking IP blocking. It's stupid.

Maybe from a players perspective - but consider it of your were Daum.

BD is currently F2P in Korea and RU, they are launching it as a B2P game in the west so the obvious thing to do is to make it harder for US\EU players to simply play for free with an English patch.

It's about not losing out on box sales.

So not stupid after all.
    So maybe just remove the IP block from NA/EU? 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    chakyra said:
    Would love to comment but the launcher didnt work for me and many others, so we couldnt even get into the game
    Yep never worked for me eitehr,and i am not jumping through hoops to get it to work either.The Ini is not pointing to any IP to actually login so no wonder it doesn't work.Not sure why this is for some and not others,perhaps the download is easily corrupted or broken by various means idk,perhaps our antivirus,maybe it could not determine our region,who knows ,their problem not mine.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GreenBeanDemonGreenBeanDemon Member UncommonPosts: 11
    "There is absolutely nothing that reflects or rewards us for our initial B2P investment, outside of Beta access and other miscellaneous trinkets in game."

^ Did you say this about the buy in for ESO? BDO's is cheaper and as you pointed out comes with trinkets too!
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I enjoyed my time in CB2 very much. I took my first char to 15 learning a lot of the ropes, especially trying to figure out the node system. A few YouTube vids helped me there. Two other chars leveled to about 12 just so I could try them out.

I really love how in depth the systems are for production and crafting and the combat is just plain fun.

It's worth noting I went into the game with pretty neutral expectations. I had watched a lot of hours of Twitch streamers playing to find out if I wanted to jump in. I figured I would at least get my $1/hour value that I expect in games, and after playing I know I will definitely get far more value than that.

Also worth noting this is the first Asian/anime styled game I not only could stand, but actually enjoyed. Part of that enjoyment was going into the game expecting the main storyline to be crap. ;p
    I knew I'd be making my own story.

Is it the next big thing? Nah. Will it take up enough of my time to be worth my money? Absolutely.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Zzadist said:

ArChWind said:

Zzadist said:

Man the amount of white knights coming to Daum's rescue for their terrible themepark they wrapped in sandbox trappings is amusing.

Though still rather petty. Seems the community is so saturated with sycophant idiots who would rather senpai developer notice their loyalty then try to provide feedback for a quality sandbox MMO.

Pathetic.

Are you butt hurt it's not a gank feast like other sandboxes or just prefer the same shit in brown wrapper we been fed for 12 years now?

Gankfests? Lol. No. I like actual sandboxes and i dislike being mislead about a game being a sandbox. Speaking of brown wrapper fed 12 years now bullshit. Tell me again about your fanboy love for WoW: The Grindy Korean Version - With more punishment for people who enjoy anything outside of e-bushido suck some dick PvP.

Zzadist said:

Man the amount of white knights coming to Daum's rescue for their terrible themepark they wrapped in sandbox trappings is amusing.

Though still rather petty. Seems the community is so saturated with sycophant idiots who would rather senpai developer notice their loyalty then try to provide feedback for a quality sandbox MMO.

Pathetic.

you are clearly part of the problem considering you decided to call out people/games instead of providing feedback for a quality sandbox MMO, just like YOU said above.

Pathetic. B)

Actually I provided a bunch of feedback on their forums and got shouted down by angry carebears who have never actually played a real sandbox. Good try at white knighting.

2/10.

Would not recommend to weaboo training.
    LOL ok I know who you are. Want less loss for Karma hits because you can't take real PvP. Want it all free and open level 1 like Darkfall.

Ok NP go cry elsewhere. and play DF
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Gorwe said:
    So, what's so hot about this game? The fact it's a pseudo sandbox?
    Some people tried it. Some liked it, some didn't. Same as it ever was.

There will be tons of free 7 day trial vouchers floating around after release. Ask around and you can see for yourself if it's "so hot" or a "pseudo sandbox"
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229

hyutei said:

disappointed in both the game and Daum as company,the game is badly optimized,and the cash shop made the game pay2win,i expected much from this game,but truth is,its same as with every other game,they can call it NEW,EPIC or what ever,but truth is,its same crap with different name,i dont see people playing this game for too long,it will be like archeage,1st month or two there will be fair amount of players,then it will go down and it will go down fast

this game is archeage 2.0 however,its not even close to being better then archeage,the only thing that is better is graphics,and the skills looking cool,but in my opinion,archeage is better in every other aspect,but they do have 1 thing in common tho,both games will be/are destroyed by their publishers.

Badly optimised?

Those are the best graphics and annimations in any MMO till today, and my over 3 year old gaminglaptop runs everything max at over 60 fps...

Gameplay is smooth, and the only bug i encountered over the weekend where some voice overs that got attached to the wrong NPC's

The combat system is incredible deep, really like it more then any other outthere.. magic effects are a bit over the top, but can easilly be towned down.

This game is different, if you follow just the path thats there, you miss out on to many things which are required for a good endgame expereince.

So tell me, how long is it ago, you really had fun playing an MMO?

It is new to you, give it a month and you'll wish you never said how awesome this game is.
  • cynical012cynical012 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I have played CBT 1 & 2. The game is interesting and deep, I do not fully understand most of the systems as I have only played for a few hours here and there due to work commitments but its fun in my opinion.

The cash shop i feel is a little greedy, I can afford to buy from there but likely wont on principle. I feel that if you have a b2p model, CS prices should reflect that, this is more like f2p prices but thats just my opinion, Ill be watching to see how Daum handle it.

The community is so diverse and largely toxic, self entitled toddlers that spit the dummy every 10 seconds due to the game not being what they want buy hopefully will settle over time as the lack of end game will likely turn many away.
  • Misao-YuukiMisao-Yuuki Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I have a feeling, that this will end just like AA :) Good thing I wont touch BD at all.
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 229
    edited February 2016

"There is absolutely nothing that reflects or rewards us for our initial B2P investment, outside of Beta access and other miscellaneous trinkets in game."

What the hell does one expect from having to buy a game other than being able to play it? It is not F2P. Be thankful there is no monthly subscription fee. Cash shop is not Pay-to-win, but rather is mostly centered around costumes and vanity items. Grow a pair, get a job, and get out of your parent's basement already.

Glad you like blowing your money and that you have plenty of it to blow. Some of us have a brain though and can recognize when a company is gouging us.

With enough people like you, we'll get to look forward to buying an MMO and having to pay for the things that should either come with the initial purchase or be obtainable through normal game play.

I recently checked out Uncharted Waters Online and quit playing because their cash shop and currency is a rip-off. Could I have afforded it? Yes but there is a fine line between fairly priced and attempted robbery.
  • KtinosKtinos Member UncommonPosts: 30
    My only problem with BDO is the cash shop not only because of the prices but mainly because all the costumes and pets can have stats and affect gameplay.
  • charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381
    edited February 2016
    I'm running a AMD APU A6 6400k that cost like 20 british pound's new, and 8GB ram and a Geforce 550 TI, and i was getting about 35 FPS, on medium to high setting's, i call that very well optimised since i can't even run elder scrolls online and archeage.
  • NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    QUOTE-Actually I provided a bunch of feedback on their forums and got shouted down by angry carebears who have never actually played a real sandbox. Good try at white knighting-END QUOTE (laughing).

I also like the part where this poster defended his h8 post by basically contradicting himself. The fact that the poor bugger used the word CAREBEAR, tells me that he is one of the OPVP griefers that are howling in the BDO forums about BDO not being OPVP from level 1.

I enjoyed my time in BDO, but I doubt I will be playing it that much when it is released.
  • NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's solo players dream come true.
    It's easy.
    There's a lot to do without having to rely on anyone else.

TRANSLATION- It's not a TRION game, ewwww * WAVES HANDS IN A DELICATE MANNER *
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Half the community played AA and got burned by Trion.  I don't blame them for being critical of anything a publisher does.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AzzazzelAzzazzel Member CommonPosts: 1
    I played BDO for 3 days and i can say/write that i enjoyed every moment of it. I believe that its a wonderfull game and can offer good moments thats the main reason i bought it the second reason is that some of my friends liked it also and the boight it too so we will have great time together. Ofcourse personaly speaking i like crafting questing exploring than raiding in instances so this game suits me the most so far. So in the end its a new beautiful game play and enjoy it you are a gamer thats what you do.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Overall it seems like a positive response to it, at least from my perspective.  I see more praise from well reasoned posters than the negative reactions.  I haven't followed it closely or played it myself so just commenting on the community reaction thing.

But I will give it a try if/when they release the Archer.

Archer is already in and always was...
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    I played over the beta weekend while slightly tipsy and nearly wrote the game off... Tried again sober on the Sunday and loved it... Things started clicking with a clear head and I saw the depth on offer related to crafting/trading/gathering/fishing.. I upgraded my Explorer's pack to Conqueror's on the strength of my Sunday playtime..

My only gripe is the cash shop prices being a bit steep and the oft-times lacklustre translations because half the time what the Black Spirit is saying makes no sense lol

Anyway I'm REALLY looking forward to Sunday to get started for real...

The waiting impatiently is real !!!
  • Miffi89Miffi89 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Whilst I agree that the cash shop items maybe be a little pricey, I feel people fail to realise why. They have removed CS items being sold on AH. It means a fair part of their potential revenue that would normally be received from whales who want to p2w, cannot do so. Everyone uses other MMO CS's as examples, but in most of them, if not all, every item can be sold on the AH for in-game money. BDO isn't doing that, they have listened to their community and are not resorting to this. The result is, we need to pay a premium for our vanity to make somewhat up for this game decision. I for one am happy to pay $22 for a costume (which is what it is... not $32, thats with a weapon skin, which is most MMO CS's are also sold separately) if it means they stay away from that shady business that is CS items on the AH.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's solo players dream come true.
    It's easy.
    There's a lot to do without having to rely on anyone else.
    Actually DMKano you don't have a clue. You really need to research this. Since you won't I try to keep it as short a possible and try to address the people that want OW PvP without consequences changed and Karama loss reduced. I will also cover the outlaw cities and how they will be institutded so yoyu can undersatnd the difference.

first address you points.

1.- It is a new a different sandbox.

2. - It is very well designed sandbox

3. - It may be to low cost but there will be inventive to pay to play. You can count on it or the servers will close really fast. However..

Since many self entitled think a sandbox equal OW FFA PvP without restrictions and therefore they absolutely must cry, hold their breath and stomp their feet so it gets changed or they won't play. I perfer they didn't becasue after 50 they will probably not play anymore and if they do play will change their thinking. Post 55 will probably end their stay though as explaind later.

4. - It is solo for those that want to do solo stuff but the end game is GROUP oriented PvE and PvP since the best shit in the game comes in high argo hard hitting areas you're much safer to level in groups as I will explain later.

5. - NO it is not going to be easy post 50 for PvE and those wanting to stay red for their little outlaw towns.

6. - Many games already are so what the fuck is the difference?

Now address the rest of this. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

For those that don't quite understand the PvP system and how it is different than OW FFA PvP without consequence level cap easy to get games like DF where nothing is involved , L2 with die loose karma go do it again and AA where it is 80 in a week.

The current system is designed to discourage bad behavior and promote better behavior because of condition of cry, whine and stomp feet syndrome players or the child syndrome.

FACT: Leveling in BDO is not your normal means to the end cap because there is no end. There is no level cap and you can play the game 24/7 grinding mobs for 50 years and never stop gaining experience or levels.

FACT: Each level id exponentially more difficult to obtain and if you die you will be set back hours and days OF GRINDING (depending on the level is at which you die). NOW PAY ATTENTION CHILDREN! Every mob you kill post 50 you GAIN GOOD karma and really fast.

Hello?

If you are NOT under zero karma you are kill on sight in your little outlaw town.

Hello?

If you play nice and duel, pvp arena or declare war on others you can freely attack kill each other without consequence in OW FFA PvP game play. YOU do NOT loose experience.

You are free to kill  anyone anytime outside safe area but if they didn't flag up (agree to your duel request so to speak) you commit an assault and are immediately  charged with karma loss weather you win the fight or not. The person you attacked can freely attack back and KILL you with no consequence but you WILL loose experience, more and more item decay and enchantment loss and be repawned in a random area if below a threshold but you do NOT reset the karma. If you kill that person you will gain much more bad karma. The person you kill does NOT loose any experience and if a monster kills them they still do NOT loose experience.

The most you do is make them run back to flag or just go elsewhere in the mean time you are free target to kill.

Now here comes someone wanting to revamp the entire game code so they can freely attack, kill others without any consequence because it is EASY to change the entire system.
    Hello?

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    edited February 2016
    When we decided on a "Buy to Play" model for Black Desert Online, it was with the players wallets in mind. At Daum Games, we put players credit cards first and it's our mission to ensure that players are given the P2W they expect when playing our games.
    -------------------
    There you go, fixed it :-)
    Harsh I know, the problem is with First Impressions.. Once a game gets a tag, it's extremely difficult to change perceptions.

What they may be better doing is running an open beta with any changes to the cash shop / item stats.
    This would give more players the chance to try the game, and possibly change their opinion - if the prices/stats thing has been toned down.
  • jmalminjmalmin Member UncommonPosts: 44
    This was the game I was looking the most forward too, the first sceenshots from this game looked amazing. After watching the Beta of this game I know I will never play the game, not having an end game or raids kinda makes sure that I would get bored very quickly. This is not a game for me.
  • SainguinSainguin Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Ya know, one complaint I'm amazed I haven't seen more of: the voice acting is so bad it hurts.

Like really, really bad. The Mayor of the first village, is so obviously a young man trying to sound like an old man that it's almost comical but ends up being pathetic.

I'm 100% certain they just went around the office and grabbed random staff to voice act the entire game.