Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What age of MMO players likes this game...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
edited February 2016 in Black Desert Online
Are you young and fresh or old and stale and do you like this game?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    I dont know what to vote here. I started playing mmos in about 2005-2006 but it wasnt WoW.

I like BDO.

EDIT: i guess post WoW will do, even though i played older mmos too, just not at launch.

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    This poll seems to be more of a what kind of WoW player like this game!
    I have no idea what the options are. I went from MUDs to an asian Shaiya and like BD
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Intresting poll!
  • dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    While not entirely true, i wouldn't count some casual playing of runescape around the age of.. 10? As my first mmo. WoW was the first mmo I paid for.
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited February 2016
    dlld said:
    While not entirely true, i wouldn't count some casual playing of runescape around the age of.. 10? As my first mmo. WoW was the first mmo I paid for.
    I bet that experience at age 10 had a pretty big impact on you though.

And stale, but with all games in general. Somewhat jaded and salty. I'm like a sandwich that sat on the counter too long.
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    edited February 2016
    Interpretation:
    79% of MMO veterans like this game
    100% of WoW-and-later players like this game

Conclusion:
    BDO is more popular in younger folks.

Way too few responses to actually say that though:P
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I am pre-wow that never played wow, i like BDO but i don't know if that "wow" thing really matters.  Totally different type of game.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I played MUDs and UO/The Realm way before WoW came along.

I think BDO is absolutely terrible - though I concede it might improve if you can stomach the massive flaws.
  • KhaoslightKhaoslight Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I can't say a 2mo sub in WoW justifies I played WoW. I entered the MMO scene with EQ and FFXI (2001?) and since most of my friends played FFXI at the time, guess you can say that was my first true MMO.

I do like BDO, as do my friends/guild I been with forever but I am leery of F2P/P2W down the road.

That aside, I am pre-ordering.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    There is a lot of veterans answering this question..

what does this mean, that a lot of Veterans are/where interested and following this game..

or is this forum mostly populated with MMo veterans?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    There is a lot of veterans answering this question..

what does this mean, that a lot of Veterans are/where interested and following this game..

or is this forum mostly populated with MMo veterans?
    It very well could be populated by veterans.

Think about when this site started. 
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    The forum also has it's share of people who think they are veterans because they started MMOs during Vanilla WoW ;)
    Well, i think my poll was quite clear on what veterans are and what not..

WoW, is post veteran, everything a few years before that, are allowed to call themselves veterans.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    I started with UO in '97.  I'm looking forward to Black Desert despite the negatives I think it'll be the closest thing to SWG/UO we've had in a few years.  Will be fun.
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    I started with City of Heroes, which only came out about a year before WoW. Well, I did dabble briefly with Lineage 2, but not enough that I actually count it.

I tried CBT2 and was not impressed. The writing was horrible, the voice acting lackluster. It was supposedly a sandbox but damned if I could find any sand anywhere. Combat seemed promising but I didn't get far enough to unlock combos.

No plans to buy the game at this point.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Excellent compensation BDO and WoW *NOT*

Also, 'WoW is what got me into MMOs' - I had a neighbour kid of 6 who started playing WoW at launch. So the poll doesn't say a damn thing about player age...
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Svarcanum said:
    Interpretation:
    79% of MMO veterans like this game
    100% of WoW-and-later players like this game

Conclusion:
    BDO is more popular in younger folks.

Way too few responses to actually say that though:P
    the assumption that wow-and-later players are all younger is false. It could also well mean they played other games and other platforms before discovering/playing mmos.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Fun poll, I can't vote since I haven't played, glad there is a show results option.

Besides, where is the older than Methuselah option?  :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Fun poll, I can't vote since I haven't played, glad there is a show results option.

Besides, where is the older than Methuselah option?  :p
    Hidden behind the spider webs

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Kids are not going to play BDO,  The learning curve is too high for them.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I started in 2003 with Rose Online then later moved to Guild Wars when it launched. Around 2005 I found my home in Lineage 2 where I have spent the last decade.

Sorry but I never played WoW. I did try it but I think I spent more time setting up and account and getting the game installed then I did actually playing the game.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I like the game and started MMO's in 2005/2006 with Lineage 2. 
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    edited February 2016
    I think this game will be more popular with the older crowd in the long run due to the time investment it takes and the larger gaps between those epic feels unlike WoW where you were almost constantly getting  hits of  dopamine. 

MMO's really hooked me in 1999 with the launch of EverQuest. I nearly failed senior year because of that game. XD
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    The poll results may be a little misleading - I assume the most active people on these forums are veteran players (you'll get more votes from them overall). Just something to keep in mind.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited February 2016
    I like game before computers. err.. desktops well?
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    ArChWind said:
    I like game before computers. err.. well?
    Well I'm glad OP covered his tracks and used the term MMO. ;) ...but me too. D&D campains all night long!