Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Closed Beta Two Ignites the Community - Black Desert Online at MMORPG.com

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,195
    Rinna said:
    I enjoyed the weekend. I think I'll play this game much like I played SWG - I won't guild, I'll craft and play the trade market and the AH for as long as it holds my interest. If open world pvp gets penalties removed and the game becomes a gankfest like Archeage, then I likely will only play until the ganking strums my last nerve and then I'll go back to my carebear sub games.
    The community this last 'free' beta weekend was atrocious. Anytime you have PvP and free... the bottom of the human cesspool starts floating to the top.

You can't play the trade market as the price range in AH is set by Daum to prevent people playing the market.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 209

hyutei said:

disappointed in both the game and Daum as company,the game is badly optimized,and the cash shop made the game pay2win,i expected much from this game,but truth is,its same as with every other game,they can call it NEW,EPIC or what ever,but truth is,its same crap with different name,i dont see people playing this game for too long,it will be like archeage,1st month or two there will be fair amount of players,then it will go down and it will go down fast

this game is archeage 2.0 however,its not even close to being better then archeage,the only thing that is better is graphics,and the skills looking cool,but in my opinion,archeage is better in every other aspect,but they do have 1 thing in common tho,both games will be/are destroyed by their publishers.

Most people who were eager for archeage were very happy with the game for about 2 weeks, but it wasn't lack of raids and dungeons that killed the game but rather a broken economy, housing system, and not releasing the player controlled zones at launch. We don't know if BDO will fail on the first two yet only the release will tell, but had archeage done those 3 points correctly we probably wouldn't be here talking about this because archeage would still have millions of players instead of several hundred thousand.

all the people who think this game is p2w clearly don't play f2p games and just think all f2p games are p2w. A pay to win game is categorized by having one of a couple of things on the cash shop.

1. Items that meaningfuly increase the progression of players.
    2. Items that significantly improve a characters chances of succeeding in the game.
    3. Items that without making playing the game significantly harder.

I'm sure you could come up with some more but the only item in the entire cash shop for bdo that applies to what you said is the inventory expansion item which you could argue under number 3. They give you as much inventory off the bat as most other games do anyways and you can expand your wharehouse in game without the use of the cash shop so even that one is questionable.

If were down to people bitching about the game because its costumes cost 20-30 dollars in cash shop then the game has won. People will bitch about something in every game not named WoW (or anything else made by the video game royalty). I understand why people looking for WoW2 don't like the game as it does not have your preconceived notion of what end-game. Under these limited definition Eve Online has no end-game either yet people have been playing it for 13 years. I think that eve is the comparable for BDO not WoW since like EvE it is more about sandbox features than theme park features. My biggest gripe with the game is that mobs need to be much more challenging in high level zones, that way there could be a challenging exploitative aspect that I think is essential to all sandbox games.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,021
    edited February 2016
    Can't forget costumes it self don't cost $30 was costumes set that cost that much with a weapon.
    You can get The Witcher 3 for the same price. $30 for a costume (set or not) is beyond ridiculous. Some people automatically take the easy/lame way out by saying things like "go get a job" or " dont like it, dont buy it". Lack of money is not the problem, the problem is the greed. What if i like the item? im forced to pass on it because we know what they say about the fool and his money. Not in a million years i'll pay for a simple item the price of a full game, specially since you have to purchase the game.

How about making a bundle? add a mount or something else of value to that $30 dollar set and that would be more passable.

My opinion of course. Im looking forward to playing BDO which i already purchased, but im not supporting that cash shop with such prices.

• WandrisWandris Member UncommonPosts: 32
    There is nothing wrong or bad about them selling high priced cosmetic stuff in the store. Daum making money is good in the long run for the game and the people playing it. As long as we get enough customization outside of the cash shop it is all good. The people complaining the loudest about this are the ones who will probably be onto the next shiny thing in a few weeks. You look at the MMO landscape and there are many which seem to struggle to continue development at a decent pace and it usually comes down to money. If bad design or business decisions were made the game gets scaled back just to keep the servers running. Sometimes its more complicated, but if a game is making enough money there are more options to overcome obstacles. A game with similar priced cosmetics is PoE and it isn't even an MMO. For the most part people are happy to pay the price just to support the game. There is no reason to think there will not be cosmetics with at least some stats available through ingame means. The stats are so minor there are neglible. 10%xp? Comeon it might save you 1-2 hours of leveling if it is 14 hours to max a char. Its not like getting to max level any sooner will stop you from building wealth, exploring, etc.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Remove the freaking IP blocking. It's stupid.
    edited February 2016
    yaminsux said:

Maybe from a players perspective - but consider it of your were Daum.

BD is currently F2P in Korea and RU, they are launching it as a B2P game in the west so the obvious thing to do is to make it harder for US\EU players to simply play for free with an English patch on Korean or Russian servers.

It's about not losing out on box sales.

So not stupid after all.
    Post edited by DMKano on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,972
    laserit said:
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    I have not and will not judge a person for doing so.  So no... I have not and will not criticize. 
    Do you understnd the term "criticize"...?
    Example:

You're dumb for spending 40k on a motorcycle. You should spend more on your attire.
    Wonder if you can get a warning here for flaming yourself? :p

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,826
    Can't forget costumes it self don't cost $30 was costumes set that cost that much with a weapon.
    You can get The Witcher 3 for the same price. $30 for a costume (set or not) is beyond ridiculous. Some people automatically take the easy/lame way out by saying things like "go get a job" or " dont like it, dont buy it". Lack of money is not the problem, the problem is the greed. What if i like the item? im forced to pass on it because we know what they say about the fool and his money. Not in a million years i'll pay for a simple item the price of a full game, specially since you have to purchase the game.

How about making a bundle? add a mount or something else of value to that $30 dollar set and that would be more passable.

My opinion of course. Im looking forward to playing BDO which i already purchased, but im not supporting that cash shop with such prices.
    I agree. I am going to be playing the game but the pricing in games are nuts. BDO is just one of many that do it. WOW I think does it the worst. You buy the box, then pay the sub, then can pay $25 for a sparkle horse. Or $15 for a Helm.
      I am not against the idea of a Cash Shop at all. I mean the company needs residual income. I get that, but make the pricing a bit more reasonable. I bought a pet for ESO not too long ago (The Fox) and have no issues with it because it did not cost too much. I wish BDO had an optional sub like ESO and gave you store cash (pearls?)

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    DMKano said:
    yaminsux said:

Maybe from a players perspective - but consider it of your were Daum.

BD is currently F2P in Korea and RU, they are launching it as a B2P game in the west so the obvious thing to do is to make it harder for US\EU players to simply play for free with an English patch.

It's about not losing out on box sales.

So not stupid after all.
    So maybe just remove the IP block from NA/EU? 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,460
    chakyra said:
    Would love to comment but the launcher didnt work for me and many others, so we couldnt even get into the game
    Yep never worked for me eitehr,and i am not jumping through hoops to get it to work either.The Ini is not pointing to any IP to actually login so no wonder it doesn't work.Not sure why this is for some and not others,perhaps the download is easily corrupted or broken by various means idk,perhaps our antivirus,maybe it could not determine our region,who knows ,their problem not mine.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GreenBeanDemonGreenBeanDemon Member UncommonPosts: 10
    "There is absolutely nothing that reflects or rewards us for our initial B2P investment, outside of Beta access and other miscellaneous trinkets in game."

^ Did you say this about the buy in for ESO? BDO's is cheaper and as you pointed out comes with trinkets too!
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 319
    I enjoyed my time in CB2 very much. I took my first char to 15 learning a lot of the ropes, especially trying to figure out the node system. A few YouTube vids helped me there. Two other chars leveled to about 12 just so I could try them out.

I really love how in depth the systems are for production and crafting and the combat is just plain fun.

It's worth noting I went into the game with pretty neutral expectations. I had watched a lot of hours of Twitch streamers playing to find out if I wanted to jump in. I figured I would at least get my $1/hour value that I expect in games, and after playing I know I will definitely get far more value than that.

Also worth noting this is the first Asian/anime styled game I not only could stand, but actually enjoyed. Part of that enjoyment was going into the game expecting the main storyline to be crap. ;p
    I knew I'd be making my own story.

Is it the next big thing? Nah. Will it take up enough of my time to be worth my money? Absolutely.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,313
    Zzadist said:

ArChWind said:

Zzadist said:

Man the amount of white knights coming to Daum's rescue for their terrible themepark they wrapped in sandbox trappings is amusing.

Though still rather petty. Seems the community is so saturated with sycophant idiots who would rather senpai developer notice their loyalty then try to provide feedback for a quality sandbox MMO.

Pathetic.

Are you butt hurt it's not a gank feast like other sandboxes or just prefer the same shit in brown wrapper we been fed for 12 years now?

Gankfests? Lol. No. I like actual sandboxes and i dislike being mislead about a game being a sandbox. Speaking of brown wrapper fed 12 years now bullshit. Tell me again about your fanboy love for WoW: The Grindy Korean Version - With more punishment for people who enjoy anything outside of e-bushido suck some dick PvP.

Zzadist said:

Man the amount of white knights coming to Daum's rescue for their terrible themepark they wrapped in sandbox trappings is amusing.

Though still rather petty. Seems the community is so saturated with sycophant idiots who would rather senpai developer notice their loyalty then try to provide feedback for a quality sandbox MMO.

Pathetic.

you are clearly part of the problem considering you decided to call out people/games instead of providing feedback for a quality sandbox MMO, just like YOU said above.

Pathetic. B)

Actually I provided a bunch of feedback on their forums and got shouted down by angry carebears who have never actually played a real sandbox. Good try at white knighting.

2/10.

Would not recommend to weaboo training.
    LOL ok I know who you are. Want less loss for Karma hits because you can't take real PvP. Want it all free and open level 1 like Darkfall.

Ok NP go cry elsewhere. and play DF
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,098
    So, what's so hot about this game? The fact it's a pseudo sandbox?
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's solo players dream come true.
    It's easy.
    There's a lot to do without having to rely on anyone else.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,909
    Gorwe said:
    Some people tried it. Some liked it, some didn't. Same as it ever was.

There will be tons of free 7 day trial vouchers floating around after release. Ask around and you can see for yourself if it's "so hot" or a "pseudo sandbox"
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 133

hyutei said:

disappointed in both the game and Daum as company,the game is badly optimized,and the cash shop made the game pay2win,i expected much from this game,but truth is,its same as with every other game,they can call it NEW,EPIC or what ever,but truth is,its same crap with different name,i dont see people playing this game for too long,it will be like archeage,1st month or two there will be fair amount of players,then it will go down and it will go down fast

this game is archeage 2.0 however,its not even close to being better then archeage,the only thing that is better is graphics,and the skills looking cool,but in my opinion,archeage is better in every other aspect,but they do have 1 thing in common tho,both games will be/are destroyed by their publishers.

Badly optimised?

Those are the best graphics and annimations in any MMO till today, and my over 3 year old gaminglaptop runs everything max at over 60 fps...

Gameplay is smooth, and the only bug i encountered over the weekend where some voice overs that got attached to the wrong NPC's

The combat system is incredible deep, really like it more then any other outthere.. magic effects are a bit over the top, but can easilly be towned down.

This game is different, if you follow just the path thats there, you miss out on to many things which are required for a good endgame expereince.

So tell me, how long is it ago, you really had fun playing an MMO?

It is new to you, give it a month and you'll wish you never said how awesome this game is.
  • cynical012cynical012 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I have played CBT 1 & 2. The game is interesting and deep, I do not fully understand most of the systems as I have only played for a few hours here and there due to work commitments but its fun in my opinion.

The cash shop i feel is a little greedy, I can afford to buy from there but likely wont on principle. I feel that if you have a b2p model, CS prices should reflect that, this is more like f2p prices but thats just my opinion, Ill be watching to see how Daum handle it.

The community is so diverse and largely toxic, self entitled toddlers that spit the dummy every 10 seconds due to the game not being what they want buy hopefully will settle over time as the lack of end game will likely turn many away.
  • Misao-YuukiMisao-Yuuki Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I have a feeling, that this will end just like AA :) Good thing I wont touch BD at all.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,098
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.
    Solo player's dream come true?
  • DarkEvilHatredDarkEvilHatred Member UncommonPosts: 133
    edited February 2016

"There is absolutely nothing that reflects or rewards us for our initial B2P investment, outside of Beta access and other miscellaneous trinkets in game."

What the hell does one expect from having to buy a game other than being able to play it? It is not F2P. Be thankful there is no monthly subscription fee. Cash shop is not Pay-to-win, but rather is mostly centered around costumes and vanity items. Grow a pair, get a job, and get out of your parent's basement already.

Glad you like blowing your money and that you have plenty of it to blow. Some of us have a brain though and can recognize when a company is gouging us.

With enough people like you, we'll get to look forward to buying an MMO and having to pay for the things that should either come with the initial purchase or be obtainable through normal game play.

I recently checked out Uncharted Waters Online and quit playing because their cash shop and currency is a rip-off. Could I have afforded it? Yes but there is a fine line between fairly priced and attempted robbery.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,663
    DMKano said:
    Gorwe said:
    It's new.
    It's pretty.
    It's $30.
    It's easy.
    You know you keep saying this, but you're offbase here. ESO and SWTOR are a soloer's game. BDO is very solo friendly but in the end it's a group focused pvp game. It's no more solo friendly than Rift, EQ2, WoW, Wildstar, or most other mmos.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • KtinosKtinos Member UncommonPosts: 30
    My only problem with BDO is the cash shop not only because of the prices but mainly because all the costumes and pets can have stats and affect gameplay.
  • charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited February 2016
    I'm running a AMD APU A6 6400k that cost like 20 british pound's new, and 8GB ram and a Geforce 550 TI, and i was getting about 35 FPS, on medium to high setting's, i call that very well optimised since i can't even run elder scrolls online and archeage.
  • NokksonwoodNokksonwood Member UncommonPosts: 91
    QUOTE-Actually I provided a bunch of feedback on their forums and got shouted down by angry carebears who have never actually played a real sandbox. Good try at white knighting-END QUOTE (laughing).

I also like the part where this poster defended his h8 post by basically contradicting himself. The fact that the poor bugger used the word CAREBEAR, tells me that he is one of the OPVP griefers that are howling in the BDO forums about BDO not being OPVP from level 1.

I enjoyed my time in BDO, but I doubt I will be playing it that much when it is released.