Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO Closed Beta Two Ignites the Community - Black Desert Online at MMORPG.com

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    URMAKER said:
    i enjoyed it and will be playing. my only real gripe is with the cash shop...i wont complain about the prices of the costumes just the fact that i think if you purchase one it should be "unlocked" for all your characters not just the one you purchased it for.

it is there isnt anything character bound, just put it in the bank and take it out with another char

• josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited February 2016

laserit said:

What they need to do with this game's business model. Is to offer a sub and a reason to sub. Take a lesson from ESO in this regard.

BDO will go F2P in less than 6 months, there is just too much they'd have to improve/add to give players a reason to sub. The game is just not good enough to be B2P, let alone Hybrid B2P/P2P like ESO.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Example:

You're dumb for spending 40k on a motorcycle. You should spend more on your attire.
    So how come you are not capable to recognize "that's ridiculous to spent $30 on pixel pants" as criticism?

Actually you should go back and re-read, because you're really starting to drift from the starting point.

Also if you're going to quote, quote accurately.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    laserit said:
    Actually you should go back and re-read, because you're really starting to drift from the starting point.

Nope, nothing was left out. All that matters is quoted, you did not answer tho...
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    josko9 said:

laserit said:

What they need to do with this game's business model. Is to offer a sub and a reason to sub. Take a lesson from ESO in this regard.

BDO will go F2P in less than 6 months, there is just too much they'd have to improve/add to give players a reason to sub. The game is just not good enough to be B2P, let alone Hybrid B2P/P2P like ESO.
    I think they could improve PvE difficulty as well as make the game a bit more understandable to a newbie.  However, I don't think those two items make the game really as bad as you're making it out to be.  I have a sneaking suspicion you haven't looked into the game at all as you list no reasons for your dramatic response.  I wouldn't list ESO as a shining example of innovation...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's OK. Reminds me to much of L2.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited February 2016

Gdemami said:
    So how come you are not capable to recognize "that's ridiculous to spent $30 on pixel pants" as criticism?

Gdemami said:
    laserit said:

Nope, nothing was left out. All that matters is quoted, you did not answer tho...

This is what you  misquoted:

laserit said:

I think spending $30 on a pair of pixel pants is ridiculous because I spend about the same on my real life pants.
    And it's what you call an opinion.

You need to work on your quoting skills because they suck. 

Now that is a criticism.

laserit said:
    Gdemami said:
    laserit said:

This is what you  misquoted:

laserit said:

I think spending $30 on a pair of pixel pants is ridiculous because I spend about the same on my real life pants.
    And it's what you called an opinion.

You need to work on your quoting skills because they suck. 

Now that is a criticism.
    Mind boggling... I do not think you even know what you are talking about...it's just words.
    Gdemami said:
    Mind boggling... I do not think you even know what you are talking about...it's just words.
    Na:

Mind boggling is trying to use this editor especially when you're trying to quote from multiple pages

edited February 2016
    laserit said:
    Na:

Mind boggling is trying to use this editor especially when you're trying to quote from multiple pages
    Not really, editor is easy to handle. Pity you can't keep track of your own words with the same ease...
  • DirgeZombieDirgeZombie Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Love the game, it far exceeded my expectations. I'll be playing it for a while. The game engine absolutely blows me away. I have a mid level gaming PC and I'm running the game maxed at 60fps. When running into areas packed with people I barely drop any frames. Couple this with no loading screens ever, once you're logged into the game. It's an absolute masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

B2P is always a worry when you have a game with a cash shop. There is nothing in there that gives any significant edge. The pricing honestly doesn't seem that far off to me either, when compared to other games out there. You don't need to buy anything from the cash shop in order to enjoy the game to its fullest. Most of the people complaining about it are doing so out of speculation on dreamt up scenarios.

Crafting is much deeper than anything I've played since SWG. Combat is insanely fun and engaging. End game doesn't consist of running the same dungeon over and over just to get to the next dungeon. Looking forward to lots of open world PvP once I hit end game.
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Well from what I played it seemed like a very decent sandpark/themebox... A lot of pretty complex systems and options.
    A game that you can play your own way which is nice.

Will the hardcore themeparkers like it? No... Without raids and constant power creep the game will not appeal past the initial questing phase.

Will the hardcaor sandboxers like it? Ehh maybe not the hardcore hardcore, but given the option to explore grind, farm etc, and not be on quest rails it may appeal to the lesser hardcore.

The game seems to me to sit right in the middle.

As far as the cash shop goes, I agree there is nothing worse then a game having a insanely priced cash shop but in truth with my sales background it was better for them to price high then react to the market then to suddenly raise prices if there was too much sell through. That is sales 101.

I just hope in the very least it is reasonable.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

Gdemami said:
    laserit said:
    Na:

Not really, editor is easy to handle. Pity you can't keep track of your own words with the same ease...
    Funny coming from someone who can't even manage a quote.

/ignored

• breygonbreygon Member UncommonPosts: 12
    They apparently broke something with CBT2. Some players that I know could get in just fine with CBT1 but are unable to connect with CBT2. There also seems to be a number of folks, myself included, who have invites for CBT2 who can't connect either. Patch over the weekend didn't help, insuring that certain ports were open on my router didn't work, so I am on the outside looking in.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Gdemami said:

The only thing that has bothered me thus far is the REDICULOUS shop prices, I mean over $30 for a costume? Jeesh... 

Would you mind explaining how $30 is ridiculous? I truly do not understand that concept.

Did you actually mean it is too expensive for you?

I'm just going to assume you made this comment in good faith and reply in the same manner... So, yes $30 is more than I have ever paid for a costume in a video game. No, it isn't that I can afford it, I have a disposable income but I don't ever want to feel like I've been taken advantage of.

Daum is walking a fine line here... the costumes are multi pieced so you can mix an match costume pieces (if you don't mind spending $100 on 3 costumes) and that does imo raise the value of a costume. Games like ESO charge as much as $25 for a single costume which is only a skin... so $30 isn't that big of a stretch for BDO's costumes.

Hope that clarified my remark.

This is not directed at either of you, but on the theme of "ridiculous" and the cash shop, I found it amusing reading a poster on the BDO forums complaining about how overpriced BDO was and in the same breath saying that they had spent $4k on Star Citizen because "the developers deserve it". Perspective, eh?

Btw, I believe the costumes in the cash shop were US$22, and the US$32 pack includes a weapon skin for both weapons as well. So its $22 for the armor skins and $10 for the (2) weapon skins.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I didn't think the prices were high enough, really tired of playing with all these poor folks that won't get a job, have no ambition, and have no intellectual offerings. My request is that all prices in the shop are doubled if not tripled to weed out the riff raff underachievers. At least give us a true pay to win server so the real players have a place to go.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411
    edited February 2016
    After weighing all the pro's and con's I'll wait the 6 months and play it as a filler when they go BACK to their FTP model. Because IMO that's about how long it will be until people get bored with it. It offers pretty graphics, but nothing really new in skills and combat. Just a rehash of the same old MMO with more attractive effects.

Will you grind, grind, grind and then grind some more? Then it's just the same sh*t, different day. Nothing original about that.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Think it's a great game, what I've notice from the few that don't like it is they seem to be trying to play the game like WoW or other themepark MMOs. I say this because I tried to play it like this on the RU version and I thought it was crap. Tried again on the EU beta, but read guides before hand and realised I had approached the game horribly wrong.

The game isn't straight forward, if your a person who likes learning something different, sitting back and taking their time, think you would enjoy it, but if your looking for WoW style, go here, get quests, do, come back, profit, then I wouldn't bother because, from what I tested, most of the game follows the not very straight forward path.

With regards to the cash shop, while the prices are high, doesn't really bother me as nothing on there will affect my gameplay be it PvP or PvE, but It might hold people back which could hurt. Overall It's nothing that big imho
  • RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389
    I enjoyed the weekend. I think I'll play this game much like I played SWG - I won't guild, I'll craft and play the trade market and the AH for as long as it holds my interest. If open world pvp gets penalties removed and the game becomes a gankfest like Archeage, then I likely will only play until the ganking strums my last nerve and then I'll go back to my carebear sub games.
    The community this last 'free' beta weekend was atrocious. Anytime you have PvP and free... the bottom of the human cesspool starts floating to the top.

No bitchers.

• RinnaRinna Member UncommonPosts: 389

Gdemami said:

The only thing that has bothered me thus far is the REDICULOUS shop prices, I mean over $30 for a costume? Jeesh... 

Would you mind explaining how $30 is ridiculous? I truly do not understand that concept.

Did you actually mean it is too expensive for you?

Most long time MMO players are used to either: sub, everything included. Buy to play, small, cosmetic, fairly priced cash shop - most things are under $10 bucks (RIFT, GW2). Free to play, large expensive cash shop to offset the 'free' - (Neverwinter). Archeage and SWTOR are B2P PLUS a sub, PLUS an overpriced cash shop lol. Now BDO is B2P plus an overpriced cash shop.

I'd rather just pay a sub and have a decently priced cash shop. So $32 dollars for one costume is outside the "NORM" for most popular MMO's in the west. Hope this clarifies it for you.

No bitchers.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited February 2016

khameleon said:

Theres a small percentage of people that complain a lot, and 500,000+ players enjoying the game. How is that a divided community? I played and the vast majority were in love with the game and having fun. I also watched streamers all of them loved the game and the viewers as well. Only a handful of complainers.

The complainers are LOUD in any games forums, go check hearthstone, Heroes of the storm, LOL, DOTA2 and other games forums liek those that are some of the most played games int he world with great income and success. If you read the top 50 threads in any of those forums, you would think the games are horrible and dying. Only 1% of players even visit a games forums.

Just because many people who play games don't post on forums doesn't mean they don't have the same praises or complaints that forum posters do. There are more than enough forum posters to gain a good idea of the approval or discontent of the game's audience. Forums are the very embodiment of statistical polling. There are always margins of error, but still very indicative of the general consensus.

By the way, I'm sick and tired of F2P and B2P as both are designed with cash shops in mind, which greatly affects how the game plays. I'm waiting for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, not only for its more traditional design, but it will be subscription based. No nickel and diming and no pay walls and no pop ups and roadblocks to ruin immersion.

• ZeGermanZeGerman Member UncommonPosts: 211

hyutei said:

disappointed in both the game and Daum as company,the game is badly optimized,and the cash shop made the game pay2win,i expected much from this game,but truth is,its same as with every other game,they can call it NEW,EPIC or what ever,but truth is,its same crap with different name,i dont see people playing this game for too long,it will be like archeage,1st month or two there will be fair amount of players,then it will go down and it will go down fast

this game is archeage 2.0 however,its not even close to being better then archeage,the only thing that is better is graphics,and the skills looking cool,but in my opinion,archeage is better in every other aspect,but they do have 1 thing in common tho,both games will be/are destroyed by their publishers.

Most people who were eager for archeage were very happy with the game for about 2 weeks, but it wasn't lack of raids and dungeons that killed the game but rather a broken economy, housing system, and not releasing the player controlled zones at launch. We don't know if BDO will fail on the first two yet only the release will tell, but had archeage done those 3 points correctly we probably wouldn't be here talking about this because archeage would still have millions of players instead of several hundred thousand.

all the people who think this game is p2w clearly don't play f2p games and just think all f2p games are p2w. A pay to win game is categorized by having one of a couple of things on the cash shop.

1. Items that meaningfuly increase the progression of players.
    2. Items that significantly improve a characters chances of succeeding in the game.
    3. Items that without making playing the game significantly harder.

I'm sure you could come up with some more but the only item in the entire cash shop for bdo that applies to what you said is the inventory expansion item which you could argue under number 3. They give you as much inventory off the bat as most other games do anyways and you can expand your wharehouse in game without the use of the cash shop so even that one is questionable.

If were down to people bitching about the game because its costumes cost 20-30 dollars in cash shop then the game has won. People will bitch about something in every game not named WoW (or anything else made by the video game royalty). I understand why people looking for WoW2 don't like the game as it does not have your preconceived notion of what end-game. Under these limited definition Eve Online has no end-game either yet people have been playing it for 13 years. I think that eve is the comparable for BDO not WoW since like EvE it is more about sandbox features than theme park features. My biggest gripe with the game is that mobs need to be much more challenging in high level zones, that way there could be a challenging exploitative aspect that I think is essential to all sandbox games.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    Can't forget costumes it self don't cost $30 was costumes set that cost that much with a weapon.
    You can get The Witcher 3 for the same price. $30 for a costume (set or not) is beyond ridiculous. Some people automatically take the easy/lame way out by saying things like "go get a job" or " dont like it, dont buy it". Lack of money is not the problem, the problem is the greed. What if i like the item? im forced to pass on it because we know what they say about the fool and his money. Not in a million years i'll pay for a simple item the price of a full game, specially since you have to purchase the game.

How about making a bundle? add a mount or something else of value to that $30 dollar set and that would be more passable.

My opinion of course. Im looking forward to playing BDO which i already purchased, but im not supporting that cash shop with such prices.

• WandrisWandris Member UncommonPosts: 32
    There is nothing wrong or bad about them selling high priced cosmetic stuff in the store. Daum making money is good in the long run for the game and the people playing it. As long as we get enough customization outside of the cash shop it is all good. The people complaining the loudest about this are the ones who will probably be onto the next shiny thing in a few weeks. You look at the MMO landscape and there are many which seem to struggle to continue development at a decent pace and it usually comes down to money. If bad design or business decisions were made the game gets scaled back just to keep the servers running. Sometimes its more complicated, but if a game is making enough money there are more options to overcome obstacles. A game with similar priced cosmetics is PoE and it isn't even an MMO. For the most part people are happy to pay the price just to support the game. There is no reason to think there will not be cosmetics with at least some stats available through ingame means. The stats are so minor there are neglible. 10%xp? Comeon it might save you 1-2 hours of leveling if it is 14 hours to max a char. Its not like getting to max level any sooner will stop you from building wealth, exploring, etc.
  • yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Remove the freaking IP blocking. It's stupid.