Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that CB2 is over, those who have played, thumbs up or down?

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
edited February 2016 in Black Desert Online
Gotta say, after the first couple of hours of CB2 I was pretty sure I wouldn't be getting it but it kept growing in me and I'm pretty sure I will now. How about you guys?
"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Post edited by Iselin on

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Ill be playing it simply cause the games im waiting to acualy play wont be out for some time still, Albion, Darkfall New Dawn. Crowfall and so on.
    I would  be more happy with the game if there was more PvP incentive being a PvPer and all but there hasnt been much so far dipite that will probaly change at lvl 45 which i did not hit.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I'm fully in.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Although I have been playing this game on and off on Korean then Russian server. But I'm sure I'll be playing a lot of it for the next two months and will remain hooked for a good while. Unless I'll have CU, SC, CoE, CF, EQN altogether to play I think I'll find time to play BDO for sure. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I've been very pleasantly surprised by the gameplay in this game, for the first time in years I see a game that provides some hope for the MMORPG genre. This is a game where you will be out in the world doing things all the time unlike most modern MMORPGs where you sit in town and queue for instances. It has complex and interesting crafting systems that will take a long time to master. I hear people saying it doesn't have endgame but to me this game has more endgame than any MMORPG I've tried in the last 10 years, the endgame is being out in the world doing things.

Unfortunately I can not accept what's on sale in the cash shop since it breaks a very important rule for a enjoyable MMORPG: Who you are in game is decided by your actions in game. I would be all over this game if it was monetized in a different way where advantages couldn't be bought with IRL cash.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Most defiantly.

To sandbox is fantastic and I expect years of enjoyment.

For those that can't get past the cash shop I understand but the cash shop is not going to win the game for anyone. I hope they do have some means of supporting it on a monthly basis.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Initially did not like it at all, played it a bit more to level 15 or so and I am quite enjoying the combat to the point where it will probably keep me playing. Played Valk. Messed with the UI enough to where I can tolerate it. Graphics seem hit and miss, they seem very buggy right now... Sometimes they get lighting or abruptly change in lighting, lots of pop in and texture loading, I had it set to high at one point and it looked like it was on the lowest settings possible. There appears to be a lot of bloom to everything that you can't turn off. Don't remember the preset I chose to finally fix it but I also turned the gamma or contrast down about 20 points.

Bottom line, I actually enjoyed it in the end. Enough to buy it? Probably not, but we will see I guess.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I'll definitely be playing it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• HunctucavetoHunctucaveto Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Wanted to like this ever since I saw the character creator, but sorry it fails for the non PvP player.
  • ConfonduConfondu Member UncommonPosts: 24
    :( Got a key, tried it out for quite a while actually, glad I didn't pay for it.  Will not be playing it. 
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Tried it, had low fps sadly so i need to upgrade my pc before thinking if i should play or not play this game. I could still test it though since i remember back in the days when i played world of warcraft with 15 fps, the 20 fps i had today in bdo is nothin compared to what i put up with before xD. I did not feel connection with the classes at start, didnt want to play gender locked berserker or warrior, the tamer made no sense to me and the 3 sorcs i was like whats the difference !? sorc wizzard Lol sounds like same shit. I usually play non magic classes like warriors,  but in this game i decided to try sorc and it ended up being a close combat hero doing kicks and punches with some magic O.o pretty good lookin class if i may say. Saw gameplay with other classes game seems cool and there's aot of innovative stuff about it. it offers the sandbox stuff and also tries not to fall victim to the ruined que up mmorpgs which i find to be cancer these days, thanks based blizzard and your shit expansions.  
    It's only 30$ so it might be worth buying tbh.
  • blutm8blutm8 Member UncommonPosts: 86
    edited February 2016
    Foncl said:
    I've been very pleasantly surprised by the gameplay in this game, for the first time in years I see a game that provides some hope for the MMORPG genre. This is a game where you will be out in the world doing things all the time unlike most modern MMORPGs where you sit in town and queue for instances. It has complex and interesting crafting systems that will take a long time to master. I hear people saying it doesn't have endgame but to me this game has more endgame than any MMORPG I've tried in the last 10 years, the endgame is being out in the world doing things.

Unfortunately I can not accept what's on sale in the cash shop since it breaks a very important rule for a enjoyable MMORPG: Who you are in game is decided by your actions in game. I would be all over this game if it was monetized in a different way where advantages couldn't be bought with IRL cash.
    not 100% my opinion but i would say... 90% of it is the same as mine.

especially the appearance issue is a no-go. why do i have to pay with RL cash to change the starting appearance of my character? 

there are just a few minor things i don't like on the game but are not really worth to mention it :)
  • LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Lockeed in for the Conqueror's pack!
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    It is a cool game sporting some nice features - high end graphics, vast open world, NPC gathering/crafting system but there are titles out there that deliver the same, cost about the same or are even f2p and provide superior quality compared to BDO.

I do not see the value for money in there but all fine, up to each own.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'd much rather be playing X-COM2 and The Division than BDO.

The only Korean MMO I've ever enjoyed was Archeage beta, but a few weeks after launch I realised that I could never keep up with the wallet-warriors, so I just walked away. 

I will keep an eye on BDO though, when it goes F2P in a few months I may try it out to see if there really is "depth" to the non-combat systems. But I suspect that I'll most likely be playing something else at that point. So many good SPG's coming this year...
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    As others have said, if it goes free to play I may try it out again. But not as it stands.
    I may try it out to see if there really is "depth" to the non-combat systems. 
    No need to wait, there isn't :-P

It's still new, refreshing and entertaining take on crafting tho.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Probably.  Blade and Soul is like crack cocaine for me right now though, and both games require a lot of grinding.  In the end there can be only one grind.
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Definitely think this is the kind of game where a player only gets out of it what they put into it - since it is mostly designed around sandbox game play.   Will hold off until I see where they take it - doesn't mean I won't play it in the future, just means I will keep my eye on it to see what direction it goes.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I'm going to wait a few months and see what they do with the cash shop. I have a sneaking suspicion it's not going to stay the harmless convenience and cosmetic cash shop that I'm hoping they stick to. I think their greed will get the better of them and they'll turn it into Archeage. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind cash shops offering a bit of convenience, but in a game like this, the temptation to offer players outrageously priced upgrade materials for gear or whatever else seems too great for most developers to pass up.

Pretty negative attitude to have, I know, but I'm pretty suspicious of this developer. 
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Player looting of other players stopped me from considering the game.
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Player looting of other players stopped me from considering the game.
    This isn't even in the game. Where did you get that information?

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

This isn't even in the game. Where did you get that information?
    ..dark places you do not want to know about!
  • KhaoslightKhaoslight Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Initially did not like it at all, played it a bit more to level 15 or so and I am quite enjoying the combat to the point where it will probably keep me playing. Played Valk. Messed with the UI enough to where I can tolerate it. Graphics seem hit and miss, they seem very buggy right now... Sometimes they get lighting or abruptly change in lighting, lots of pop in and texture loading, I had it set to high at one point and it looked like it was on the lowest settings possible. There appears to be a lot of bloom to everything that you can't turn off. Don't remember the preset I chose to finally fix it but I also turned the gamma or contrast down about 20 points.

Bottom line, I actually enjoyed it in the end. Enough to buy it? Probably not, but we will see I guess.
    Agreed, played Valk as well. It took me awhile to tweak to UI to my liking and in some areas, yea the rapid/buggy change in lighting was terrible. Combat isn't all bad, I found myself using the hotbar more to set my combos up. Pets saved me time cause I am lazy. As far as gathering/crafting, I'll admit I didn't do much of it on a 4 day beta. Read up on it and workers too, Both seem alright.

Cool concepts (gimmicks for others) with the contribution/energy points, renting various items and the knowledge system. Autowalk to quest target/npc, I found useful for grabbing a drink or looking up things on Google and AFK fishing for when I make a run to the store.

Don't care about the grind as long as I am having fun with friends/guild.

As a 75% pve player, I do think DAUM need to revise pvp. I love the anti-gank measures, but I don't think GvG/Arena will be enough to satisfy my 25% pvp thirst. Maybe it will, who knows. I do wish tradepacks were "raidable" like in AA with safe routes and high risk/high reward routes.
    Maybe an all-out pvp area in the open world would satisfy the more blood-thristy pvp'ers out there?

I am skeptical about BDO. It doesn't have much of an endgame (KR/RU? ver.) as other MMO's do and the B2P for NA/EU while others are F2P makes me wonder about DAUM's marketing. 
    Too early to tell for NA/EU, I know.

Suppose the bottom line for me is if I do decide to pay 30$ and BDO turns into a P2W AA cashgrab bull***t, at least (hopefully) I get a month or two gameplay which roughly equals to 50 cents to a 1$ a day.
    I can live with that.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I didn't vote because I haven't played. But I've been watching a bunch of videos and the game looks at least worth giving a try. I'm pretty sure I will pre-order, but I don't know which pack to get.