Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there anything Blizz could do to bring you back?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
This is for people who have quit over the years, so if you're playing this isn't for ya. :awesome: 

For me it's simple, take out the LFG/LFR tool instaport to dungeon or give me a PvP server w/o this feature.  I honestly think this is the reason WOW has lost it's sense of community and the socialization.  I don't care if there is a tool that puts you in a group, but the BOOM you're in the instance kills any sort of world discovery or open world PvP on the PvP servers.  I just want that feel of the world being populated and not people just sitting in town and pressing the LFG button.  

Comments

• Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited February 2016
    I loved Vanilla World of Warcraft, it was a ton of fun until the expansions came in and changed it with the LFG/LFR tool. I'm pretty much done with WoW, its not fun anymore like it use to be.
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Nope.  Games dead to me.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Yeah, I would play again if I could just get a max level character in some kind of entry level set. I'm only interested in dungeon running, not the leveling and questing.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I'd play the Sandbox version of WoW or any other version of SC/Diablo.
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Well, they got overwatch coming in June so that will get me back into playing blizzard games.  World of warcraft had it's time back during the Warcraft 3 days and there isn't a lot they can do to bring me back now.  I still think they got a better set up than Final Fantasy XIV ARR for returning players, as FFXIV forces a lot of extra grind work to get to new content depending on where someone left off when they stopped plus they have a better storage system that works well compared to FFXIV.
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    To get me to come back they need to create more fun and focus around open world PvP. I enjoyed Vanilla WoW. I liked knowing who the gankers were on Skullcrusher Alliance side and I am sure people on Alliance knew my guild on Horde and knew to move on out when we showed up in PvP areas. That was fun. I would play until 2 am in an AV match, leave for school at 6 am, get home at 2 pm, and the match was still going on. War felt like drawn out war with tons of kills. I logged in during a friend invite a few months ago and I ran 10 BGs, went 7-3 as a group, and none of the matches lasted long at all. If you want to PvP in those fast matches without any faction pride, I might as well just play a MOBA.
    The vanilla days of World of Warcraft when players would engage in PvP in the open world was the most fun I've had.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548
    edited February 2016
    Varking said:
    To get me to come back they need to create more fun and focus around open world PvP. I enjoyed Vanilla WoW. I liked knowing who the gankers were on Skullcrusher Alliance side and I am sure people on Alliance knew my guild on Horde and knew to move on out when we showed up in PvP areas. That was fun. I would play until 2 am in an AV match, leave for school at 6 am, get home at 2 pm, and the match was still going on. War felt like drawn out war with tons of kills. I logged in during a friend invite a few months ago and I ran 10 BGs, went 7-3 as a group, and none of the matches lasted long at all. If you want to PvP in those fast matches without any faction pride, I might as well just play a MOBA.
    Yea, I remember I must have played like 20hrs for like 3 days straight only sleeping 4hrs for those 3 days to get the Unstoppable force from AV on my Pally.  It was so awesome.

To me I don't really care if leveling isn't as punishing, I hated it in Vanilla and I still hate leveling in any game now.  It's just the socialization and community that made you slog thru it and enjoy it, even when you hated it deep down.  I just want that feel of community.  Even if it's a theme park you can still have that open world feel if you let it, and taking out the lfg/lfr tool would do that.

The other problem is I see is that they're trying to make PvP into a MOBA or an e-sport, can't we just stop with that and let it be organic like it was?
    Nayr752 said:
    The vanilla days of World of Warcraft when players would engage in PvP in the open world was the most fun I've had.
    Personally, I enjoyed sneaking around the zones that I was too low level to adventure in yet to preview what was in store.  Going through the wetlands to Arathi Highlands to see the troll mounds and run around a fallen Stromgarde was fun as heck.  People weren't concerned as much with end game back then as they are now so there wasn't such a rush to get max level.
    I loved the long drawn out Alterac Valley battle grounds that would last for hours to days, those were the most fun.
    Nayr752 said:
    I loved the long drawn out Alterac Valley battle grounds that would last for hours to days, those were the most fun.
    Oh yeah, I loved that more than the newer phased zones as it was always a different experience when entering AV before they streamlined it.  You could assist the battle in so many odd ways, unleash giant war beasts, unleash an angry troll, etc.  
  • ShuuBoxShuuBox Member UncommonPosts: 5
    New engine, rework the new-player experience, less ability bloat, more social interaction between players, better guild support / activities. :)
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Lazzaro said:
    This is for people who have quit over the years, so if you're playing this isn't for ya. :awesome: 

For me it's simple, take out the LFG/LFR tool instaport to dungeon or give me a PvP server w/o this feature.  I honestly think this is the reason WOW has lost it's sense of community and the socialization.  I don't care if there is a tool that puts you in a group, but the BOOM you're in the instance kills any sort of world discovery or open world PvP on the PvP servers.  I just want that feel of the world being populated and not people just sitting in town and pressing the LFG button.  

I 100% agree with this.  LFD/LFR never belonged in MMOS, NEVER and this is one of the most important features that killed WOW for me.  

There are 2 other things that would MUST do but will not do to bring a person like me back.

Make Dungeons like Vanilla WOW was but with TBC like progression.  CC a must, and yes class balance in your group is a must.  I CAN understand not having any BRD like dungeons which you can spend 8 hours in because like many people I dont have time for that.  BUT 15 minute affair dungeons with no coordination needed this include CC can go out the door.  45 to 90 minute dungeons is fine.  

Also make the classes each have strengths and weaknesses.  Holy Palies who are great at single target tanking but terrible at group healing YES PLEASE.  Warrior tanks great at single target tanking YES PLEASE.  Druids with great HOTS YES PLEASE.  

But in the end WOW will never make these 3 changes so whats the point.  
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Nope

There are newer games that satisfy my MMORPG itch. Blizzard taught me that paying them a sub was a ripoff.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    The latest WoW expansion is good as a last-ditch try when you've exhausted all other playable MMO options. 
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Played WoW last in TBC, not been impressed since.

They need to just reboot to WoW pre any expansions for me to play again lol. Most of the game world dont matter any more, thats just sad.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    go sandbox or go home!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    They bring me back with every expansion, see the new story, then quit. I would be more inclined to play wow if they focused more on the open world game, not on dungeon/raids/pvp. But it is what it is. I get a new expansion, play for a month, or two or three (on and off through out the year), then unsub until the next xpack.

The old days of EQ, those were fun days. ^
  • rumtumtumrumtumtum Member UncommonPosts: 7
    i remember when people used to raid the cross roads and chat was full of fun and its fair share of trolls. Its just not like that anymore. Its had its heart ripped out. I'll prolly go back to lvl my huntard to max lvl for legion but it never keeps hold of me like it used too.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    #1 Scrap mythic, bring back heroic with optional 10/20.
    #2 Bring new raids/content at faster pace for consistent guild progression
    #3 Reward players with unique mounts as before for clearing hardest achievements on schedules as well as killing the hardest bosses.
    #4 Scrap any zoned activities that keep players inside their garrisons. The world it supposed to be open, breathing with players all the time.
    #5 Fix PvP botting as well as make seasonal PvP shorter 2-3 months (I think they working on this now)

The game has significantly changed since what it was in its glory BC/WOTK/Cataclysm and to extend Pandaria days. I only subbed for 3 months in this expansion and left in the 2nd.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Rockinw311Rockinw311 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I could probably try to make a list for what it would take to get me to return to WoW, but it's not going to happen/not at all realistic.

More realistically though for me returning to 'Blizzard'/Warcraft, I would consider it (only consider/not definite until I had more info) for Warcraft 4 rts with a strong solo campaign/story and excellent gameplay.

Based on my enjoyment level with Diablo 3 and SC2 the past couple of years, it's unlikely that even a WC4 would tip my interest back in favor of coming back to Warcraft. I lost interest in both of those (D3 and SC2) after the initial releases, not having any desire to pick up the expansions, and struggling just to make it through a single playthrough for them

It's not even just WoW itself, I'm just too burnt out on pretty much anything Warcraft related for a long while, especially WoW to the point where I know I will never go back (to WoW). And "all things Blizzard" is almost in the same boat for me - Blizzard burnout/loss of enjoyment when playing Blizzard games.
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Make vanilla through litch king free. Those are so old now it's pointless to charge to play them. Hell Blizz could make the game F2P and still make a fortune off store and expansion sales.