Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do you have to have an active account to access Warlords of Draenor

cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345
edited February 2016 in World of Warcraft
do you have to have an active account to access Warlords of Draenor-- i own the game but dont have an active account

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2016
    I would say yes because Draenor is high level content (lvl 90-100). Without an active account you can only play up to level 20.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited February 2016
    You have to have a subscription unless you are playing the starter - limited to level 20. To play above level 20 you will need to upgrade by purchasing "World of Warcraft" - unless you already have this. This includes all expansions up to WoD and a 30 day subscription.

Expansion(s) do not come with a 30 day subscription.

I don't know whether people who e.g. last played after WotLK say have to have the expansions that came afterwards to play (they may need them to level of course.) Either way a subscription is needed.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    yeah... no WoW expansion is stand-alone. 

No active subscription.... No game. 

This have been a good conversation

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Okay, to quash the myths...

In order to play WoD, you must have PURCHASED the expansion and PAID for a subscription (game time cannot be expired).  

Now you CAN play WoD without an active subscription on the PTR if you created a PTR account PRIOR to the subscription expiring.  They don't wipe the PTR accounts very often so you can play on the PTR pretty much subscription free until they do so.  On average, that usually is at least 6 months to a year.