Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back and I wanna say a few things about FFXIV.

DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 573
The thing I Love about this game is the story and the music , the story before the Heavansward bonds everyone together and when Heavansward hits its like the conclusion of the epic war saga which is so synchronistic in nature to how our reality is with religions , for instance theres a prophecy that this pope will be the last pope. Just an amazing story amazing controls I pretty much maxed out a WHM ran with so many people even did dungeons for fun no other reason because how epic the story is and you always run with at least one person whose their first time experiencing it and I have to say that the  epic trials are so fun I played them for weeks.

Im currently not subscribed anymore though because I don't like how they made pvp and added separate skills for pvp to me its super annoying also Alexander should have been part of the main storyline and have been made into a regular dungeon IMO.

I also wish they didn't let you max out every job per account because you get a feeling of your just like everyone else in the game they see you and switch right to your job and wave heh. I wanted to say something about the loot end game but I don't remember what it was but the story was amazinggg this game was worth it to me for the story and the music I will be back though with next expansion but its good to be back at mmorpg.com :)......oh Irony here I live with Blizzard employees now lol.

Comments

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    edited February 2016
    If this story was even remotely amazing to you I'm willing to wager this Is your first final fantasy game let alone jrpg. The story from 2.0 to 2.55 was a glorified series of long and drawn out fetch quests under the guise of you are the "teenager of light" that needs to set the dinner table for the titan banquet. 3.0 onwards the story had finally gained some form of traction but to call it an epic is a bit of a stretch. 3.1 onwards felt like SE had no semblance of a clue on where they wanted to go with the story. Pair this with the not so subtle terrible voice actor changes and it's a accomplishment in itself to watch the voice acted cutscenes with a straight face.

Absolutely agree with you on Alexander, after binding coils direct influence and tie in to the main story I found Alexander utterly terrible. The story is quite literally 1. Robot becomes activated 2. Robot rises from the depths 3. Go into robot with some shady treasure hunter and fight Voltron. One of the biggest draws of beating coil to see what happened between the fall of dalamund and the events that happened afterwards. The music, the fights as well as the cinematics after clearing coil almost made up for the terrible 2.0 to 2.55 story and the shallow game 2.0 had become. I have yet to see such a lazy and uninspired raid and overall expansion until I saw 3.0. And to think it was something we paid 39 USD for ON TOP of a monthly fee. 

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    edited February 2016
    I like to call it atmosphere, and FFXIV has plenty. The music, the elegant graphics, the well thought out quests, they are all great. I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay, but all the rest makes up for it in a weird way.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    Waterlily said:
    I like to call it atmosphere, and FFXIV has plenty. The music, the elegant graphics, the well thought out quests, they are all great. I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay, but all the rest makes up for it in a weird way.
    Which quests are you referring to?
  • Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I might come back to FFXIV but I'm not sure yet. Its a great game.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    edited February 2016
    Waterlily said:
    Which quests are you referring to?
    The quest where you're having to run through the city in search for items, I think it was arrows scattered around, was great.