Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kofte, what class fits best with the story

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
I have not played any Knights of the Fallen Empire yet.  I may try to play through the stories that I have unlocked.  Not sure what class makes the most sense. I have the free 60 to jump in with.  I have played all of the classes to at least 55 so I have finished the main stories. 

Please don't post spoilers.  I just want to know what class fits thematically and story wise into the expansion.  I will probably only play it once and with the free 60.

I am not a subscriber and will probably play through on FTP mode.  I don't think that should matter for the story. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited February 2016
    I'm following kotfe only on the announcements level so far, so maybe I'm wrong in this, but the "I am not a subscriber and will probably play through on FTP mode." sounds a bit odd... It's a sub-only expansion.

You can play it for free, after you have it unlocked (that's why I will sub for a month when all the chapters will be out :wink: ), but for that you need to wait for a couple more months, at least.

You say you have the free 60, I guess that was a promo, and you have the intro chapter unlocked with it as well. But you can't go further as f2p... you can subscribe now, and have the first 10 chapters though, chapter 10 is the latest new one with Aric the comedian.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I was subscribed when it came out, so I have what was given at launch.  The sub has expired and I am not planning on re-subbing.  So all I really need to do is know what class makes the most sense. I am sure I have access to it.  I am sure I have the free level 60. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• GremeGreme Member UncommonPosts: 66
    It is not an easy question to answer without spoilers. In my opinion Force using classes make more sense for KotFE story. If I had to pick one it would be Jedi Knight, due to having some history with characters appearing in KotFE. And Light Side choices make more sense for me due to who you will have become through story.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    MMOman101 said:
    I was subscribed when it came out, so I have what was given at launch.  The sub has expired and I am not planning on re-subbing.
    That's more clear now, but my "f2p & odd" comment still stands... Kotfe is one story, and based on when your sub expired, you have maybe 60-65% of that story unlocked.
    So, let's say you jump on in (Knight could be a nice pick, as Greme says), take it slow, and get to the "stop" in a month. Then what? The story will continue up until Autumn, and also you need to re-sub for accessing it. (not to mention, you -and applies to me as well- already will miss out the bonus chapter at the end... since for that one need to maintain the sub till the end)

I only wanted to point out, "I am not a subscriber and will probably play through on FTP mode." sounds odd :wink: 
  • Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    I say either the two Jedi classes due to previous story elements in both or the Sith warrior, I haven't tried the inquisitor yet but it could work. I play a sith warrior and i truly have enjoyed the story with him.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    any class but Force users do not fit