Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-ordered and tried it.

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Iselin said:

I'm trying it out with a free CB2 key so buyer's remorse isn't a thing for me. I might actually plunk down the $30 and buy it. I thought I wouldn't after the first day... /shrug.
    I would also take the time to try out other classes.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
       Pepeq said:
    What people fail to realize is, in the west, even if you tout something as being an utter turd, people will still try it just to see if it is as bad as they say.

But there is one huge thing missing from this game that EVERY other game has... gold spammers!

What...are you saying this game is SOO bad that even Gold Spammers are staying away?  ;-)
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    edited February 2016
    Acebets70 said:
    Man i want to like this game so bad, but i dont even feel like logging in today  WHY?
    There isn't really anything innovative in this game, everything except the graphics are mediocre to bad. I see many people who get excited because of the surrounding hype, the graphics look good, and the rest is left up  to their imagination. Until they try the game and realize the gameplay isn't actually any good. Black Desert is a good case of graphics over substance.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:

I'm trying it out with a free CB2 key so buyer's remorse isn't a thing for me. I might actually plunk down the $30 and buy it. I thought I wouldn't after the first day... /shrug.
    I would also take the time to try out other classes.
    I have with a couple of others. Didn't like the Berserker at all, liked the sorcerer somewhat... want to try tamer next.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• noodles6966noodles6966 Member UncommonPosts: 63
    tried it yesterday,had a CB2 key. very unimpressed. Too much going on the screen at one time. Spent 45 minutes with the graphic settings and the UI trying to get that right. Even when your not fighting,the interface is just too jumbled for my liking. Nothing really innovative here. Auto pathing is a no no for me and so is having to press CTRL to bring up the mouse. Glad I didn't pre order.  Trinium Wars and Black Death coming up,will give them a try
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Waterlily said:
    Acebets70 said:
    Man i want to like this game so bad, but i dont even feel like logging in today  WHY?
    There isn't really anything innovative in this game, everything except the graphics are mediocre to bad. I see many people who get excited because of the surrounding hype, the graphics look good, and the rest is left up  to their imagination. Until they try the game and realize the gameplay isn't actually any good. Black Desert is a good case of graphics over substance.
    I can't agree with this

The substance might not be to one's liking, But there is definitely a lot there.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Waterlily said:
    Acebets70 said:
    Completely agree. I knew next to nothing about the game other than it had nice graphics. I got a beta 2 key and am so glad I did - I won't be wasting my money on this hot mess.

While it is pretty, it's incredibly confusing. The screen is filled with all sorts of crap. And menu and windows and all sorts of stuff clutter the screen. Nothing is intuitive. The combat is fun, but it's a horrible grinder. And the cash shop is hilariously detached from reality. Items cost more than the whole game.

The story is also bad, and don't get me started on the voice over work. Whoever was in charge of that should be fired. Also forget playing this by yourself for any length of time - you hit a point where you can't go further or do quests without a group.

Saving my $$$ and giving this a miss - but to those who like it, enjoy!! <3
  • miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Guess i keep playing ESO , really wanted to like this one maybe when the game goes free to play 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    "It's no wonder the people who played RU/KR tried (unsuccessfully) to warn players about this game and the lack of endgame PvE and PvP. The circlejerk and hype masked the realistic comments from veterans of the game. "

Veterans?  Everyone in this thread badmouthing it is talking about first impressions.  Jonas has trolled this forum for 3 months straight has never even played the game.
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    SIGH  i did not want to do this but BDO  gets the bunny!!!  :(

• PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Thanks DKLond. I'm sorry you wasted money on this game, but at least you've saved me (and probably a few others) from doing the same (poor consolation I know).

I couldn't afford to buy the game (just to try it out). So I've been waiting to see what 'actual' players (not paid reviewers) really think of the game.

Posts like this are invaluable for helping me decide if a game is worth my time and money. So thanks again for taking the time to post your thoughts.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Pre-Ordered the game and couldn't play because of "XingCode3" and the spyware which "Daum Games" Refuses to address the problem lots of people are having issues with this Malicious Anti Cheat, at least for now "Blade & Soul" had "Game Guard Removed" because of the problems it was causing and its almost as malicious as XingCode3 only reason im giving B&S a try.

The best sand-box at the moment is "Albion Online" Otherwise the only other best I have ever played is "Dark Fall" the original game not the unholy wars.
  • Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    edited February 2016
    I will give a fair warning that I only played it for about half an hour, got a beta key. I am not impressed with it at all. It seems like another game where I'm going to spend a large majority of my time in the character creation, play for half an hour and uninstall. Questing/progression is more of the same. Everything is chopped up into very tiny bits to the point where it barely feels like you're playing a game and only following an endless checklist of the same tasks. Go kill two monsters, done, go kill 3 monsters, done, go get 2 items from these monsters, done. I hate that. I want to actually play the game not do these menial tasks that in the end I give absolutely no shit about.

I can't believe how much I miss the "grind" of older mmos where you would get a few quests per level and have to go kill 20, 50, or even 100+ monsters to complete it and still not level up. It gave me a chance to play the class, get much better with the combat, etc... The game has auto routing to quests which is whatever, doesn't really bother me since I don't have to use it. But the UI, completely agree with the OP. It is so damn cluttered and to add onto that you're constantly getting even more popups. It's incredibly obnoxious. From the little I played with the Valk combat seems pretty fun, similar to TERA, but the UI actually killed my enjoyment of the game along with the pointless quests. I absolutely detest "quest" grinding, would take mob grinding to level over this any day. Maybe things change a little bit later in the game (not talking end game, I'm not going to play it that long just to hope it gets good enough) so I could be wrong, but like I said that's just what I got from around 30mins to an hour of playtime.

If I could I would just skip them but it seems like MMOs have made grinding obsolete and highly ineffective for leveling up. Plus like one out of every 10 or so quests you'll likely get some sort of gear or inventory expansion or something else that kind of feels necessary so I feel like I HAVE to do them. Anyway, to the people enjoying it, awesome, but for me it's definitely not something I will be purchasing and maybe not even playing if it goes f2p eventually. They would have to completely redo the UI, but I don't see the questing being fixed so... yeah. Oh well. I'll still keep my eyes on it and see how it progresses.
  • Nayr752Nayr752 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    DKLond said:
    I knew I would be taking a chance - and I'm not blaming anyone but myself.

But, boy, this game is beyond terrible. The story and presentation is among the worst I've seen - and the UI/layout is so busy it literally hurts my eyes.

It's like a parody of a bad asian slot-machine dressed up as an MMO - and I'm honestly disgusted with how bad it is. The engine - at max settings - has the most massive amount of asset pop-ins I've ever seen. We're talking your screen is saturated in textures and meshes appearing and disappearing constantly with zero effort to hide it. This includes players and shadows.

It didn't exactly help discovering that the classes are gender-locked and that the only one I'm interested in is female-only (ranger).

That said, I could have done more research and not been so impulsive.

So, I kinda deserve it.

Anyway, back to being bored with the genre.
    I agree with you OP. I'm just lucky that I didn't pre-order the game and had the chance to beta the game before purchasing it.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    DKLond said:

But, boy, this game is beyond terrible. The story and presentation is among the worst I've seen - and the UI/layout is so busy it literally hurts my eyes.

It's like a parody of a bad asian slot-machine dressed up as an MMO - and I'm honestly disgusted with how bad it is. The engine - at max settings - has the most massive amount of asset pop-ins I've ever seen. We're talking your screen is saturated in textures and meshes appearing and disappearing constantly with zero effort to hide it. This includes players and shadows.

It didn't exactly help discovering that the classes are gender-locked and that the only one I'm interested in is female-only (ranger).

So, I kinda deserve it.

So you are mad because you can't be a man and play a girl class like ranger.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    DMKano said:
    laserit said:
    Waterlily said:
    Acebets70 said:
    I can't agree with this

The substance might not be to one's liking, But there is definitely a lot there.

There is a lot there - however the PvE side of the game is all oriented for a solo player - crafting, farming, gathering, all very solo centric.

Again this could be the best thing ever for some, and pretty much the opposite for others - which is why more guild and group centric players would say "there's a lot there, but for what purpose outside of solo experience?"

It all depends on where the Devs take it, there's quite a foundation here. In the right hands, this game could blow people away. Lot's of quality work here, definitely needs more refinement.

A jewel in the rough

Wonder how good the net code is? 

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    filmoret said:
    DKLond said:

So, I kinda deserve it.

So you are mad because you can't be a man and play a girl class like ranger.

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    I never buy Eastern MMOs. I learned my lesson a long time ago!
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    So basically you did no research at all and then put no effort into the game, but you already decided you hated it because you were confused by the UI? People like you are why most games are being designed for the lowest common denominator. I hope this game keeps most of those type of players away to be honest. 
  • OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 239
    DKLond said:

So, I kinda deserve it.

I disagree, I feel the game is fun, if they just add more content throughout the end-game, it will be a success to me.  I am usually very critical of mmo's, been playing them for last 20+ years, but personally, something about BDO, resonates with me.

(Akiraosc)

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    DKLond said:

So, I kinda deserve it.

Never actually played the game Bro ...good story though
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    It seems you're looking for a love at first sight to play your next MMO. Stop taking blind dates to fancy restaurants then ;)
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I will give a fair warning that I only played it for about half an hour, got a beta key. I am not impressed with it at all. It seems like another game where I'm going to spend a large majority of my time in the character creation, play for half an hour and uninstall. Questing/progression is more of the same. Everything is chopped up into very tiny bits to the point where it barely feels like you're playing a game and only following an endless checklist of the same tasks. Go kill two monsters, done, go kill 3 monsters, done, go get 2 items from these monsters, done. I hate that. I want to actually play the game not do these menial tasks that in the end I give absolutely no shit about.

I can't believe how much I miss the "grind" of older mmos where you would get a few quests per level and have to go kill 20, 50, or even 100+ monsters to complete it and still not level up. It gave me a chance to play the class, get much better with the combat, etc... The game has auto routing to quests which is whatever, doesn't really bother me since I don't have to use it. But the UI, completely agree with the OP. It is so damn cluttered and to add onto that you're constantly getting even more popups. It's incredibly obnoxious. From the little I played with the Valk combat seems pretty fun, similar to TERA, but the UI actually killed my enjoyment of the game along with the pointless quests. I absolutely detest "quest" grinding, would take mob grinding to level over this any day. Maybe things change a little bit later in the game (not talking end game, I'm not going to play it that long just to hope it gets good enough) so I could be wrong, but like I said that's just what I got from around 30mins to an hour of playtime.

If I could I would just skip them but it seems like MMOs have made grinding obsolete and highly ineffective for leveling up. Plus like one out of every 10 or so quests you'll likely get some sort of gear or inventory expansion or something else that kind of feels necessary so I feel like I HAVE to do them. Anyway, to the people enjoying it, awesome, but for me it's definitely not something I will be purchasing and maybe not even playing if it goes f2p eventually. They would have to completely redo the UI, but I don't see the questing being fixed so... yeah. Oh well. I'll still keep my eyes on it and see how it progresses.
    This is like one of the most backwards comments I have read regarding this game. It actually is grind heavy. The basic start and levels introduce you in a way that most current MMO gamers are used too. After that though later levels are either all grinding or PVP. I personally am a grinder. I can not stand run here do this, run there do that, postal quests and quest hubs. At least I do not like it as the main PVE focus.

I find it very interesting that you say you tried it for 30 minutes and tossed it aside yet you say you're a grind heavy individual. Very opposite of what someone who is into grinding would do. Definitely what I see with the common theme park casual crowd though. 
    Infeareal said:

This is like one of the most backwards comments I have read regarding this game. It actually is grind heavy. The basic start and levels introduce you in a way that most current MMO gamers are used too. After that though later levels are either all grinding or PVP. I personally am a grinder. I can not stand run here do this, run there do that, postal quests and quest hubs. At least I do not like it as the main PVE focus.

I find it very interesting that you say you tried it for 30 minutes and tossed it aside yet you say you're a grind heavy individual. Very opposite of what someone who is into grinding would do. Definitely what I see with the common theme park casual crowd though. 
    You would think that being a grinder, one would have a little more perseverance.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    its got great graphics. its  grindy.  its korean.  its fun if you like grinding to get stronger.  if you want  a petting tram to ultimate dominance or sth else i guess not.  this is an asian game, and its high quality.  you might think its graphics suxxors but thats your opinion.  

its an asian game being released in the west.  but its quality is up there with ffxiv.  but i was like you guys, it felt awkward for the week or so.  but after that i got used to its UI etc.  so im fine with the game. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.