Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Idiots....

Darklighter1Darklighter1 Member UncommonPosts: 250

Rule #1 of making any MMORPG stand the test of time....

Give us a reason to keep playing!

Even if you don't add new content, fix bugs, make expansions, etc....

If you keep the game as is.....and do NOT take away everything we have worked for since we started playing.....

A lot of people will continue to play a game they love.  Why else do people still play EQ1?  For the great graphics?

When SWG launched the NGE they destroyed YEARS of work for a lot of players.  In order to make more money.

If this doesn't show that SOE has no idea how to run a MMORPG....I don't know what does.

I only hope that they don't ruin any other up and coming titles down the road (Star Trek Online, DC Online, etc) since they can't even successfully maintain the games they are ruining today.

Comments

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    I think it's a moot point to even talk about SWG anymore.  I burn my toast, I throw it in the garbage, they burn my game I throw it in the garbage.
  • MeFartsSmellMeFartsSmell Member Posts: 225

Its a pretty good game, I think there are bad points and good points I find things about it now that are better then before the nge and some that are not better. Overall fun game.

Whannnnn Whannnnn dat is the sound of 20 year old babies

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

I am still very much bitter about them destroying all of my characters acomplishments and turnung SWG into a 10 year olds shoot'em up. I am sure as long as SWG keeps running as is that alotta people will be angry it hasnt been canceled and the whole SOE SWG team hasnt been fired. I hate the fact that SOE took my game that I paid 70+$ a month to play and with very little and quiet notice they totaly changed the system I spent months relearning.

Just an example my Bio-engineer spent days making meds, pets, CM toxins and countless other items that were nullified by the horrendous NGE. I say about 300+ hours of my gameplay was made useless, I never woulda spent all that time grinding Jedi had I known in a few months I could start as one!!  DIE SOE!! DIE SWG !!

{(RIP)} SWG

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by Slickinfinit

I am still very much bitter about them destroying all of my characters acomplishments and turnung SWG into a 10 year olds shoot'em up. I am sure as long as SWG keeps running as is that alotta people will be angry it hasnt been canceled and the whole SOE SWG team hasnt been fired. I hate the fact that SOE took my game that I paid 70+$ a month to play and with very little and quiet notice they totaly changed the system I spent months relearning.
    Just an example my Bio-engineer spent days making meds, pets, CM toxins and countless other items that were nullified by the horrendous NGE. I say about 300+ hours of my gameplay was made useless, I never woulda spent all that time grinding Jedi had I known in a few months I could start as one!!  DIE SOE!! DIE SWG !!

Whoa there horsie! I paid around $17 a month ( been so long I can't remember accurately, but around that figure). Did you get around-the-clock support and a free beer with the $70 bucks??? Just how many accounts did you have?image

• BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19

Like most other SWG players, he probably had several accounts.

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216

Originally posted by Slickinfinit
    Just an example my Bio-engineer spent days making meds, pets, CM toxins and countless other items that were nullified by the horrendous NGE. I say about 300+ hours of my gameplay was made useless, I never woulda spent all that time grinding Jedi had I known in a few months I could start as one!! DIE SOE!! DIE SWG !!

Im with slickinfinit on this, i hope SOE/SWG DIES a fast and horrible death. I am just as bitter and angry about the NGE as anyone, i was a master Creature Handler 5 weeks after release and kept my Master Creature Handler up till SOE took it from me and destroyed it right to my face. So SCREW YOU SOE AND I HOPE YOUR Company gets destroyed by the Players.

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523

I hope SWG continues to limp along for at least a year. The lessons being learned from this debacle will be asborbed by the MMORPG culture and will be a testament of what not to do for years to come.

NGE Refugee.