Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online - Pearl Shop Tour! - Not so cosmetic after all.

Comments

• UrncallerUrncaller Member UncommonPosts: 167
    I agree with DMK most people well 99 percent speculate as unless you are working with one of t hose companies then it's pure speculation...unless of course they release that info to the public.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    kanechart said:
    Torval said:
    Can't people just write an intelligent post anymore? Do we have to watch and listen to them on YouTube? FFS it's worse than the cash shop.
    I personally express my self better via voice then I do typing. 
    The irony there...is painful...
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, I think I'm just gonna avoid this one for a while. Until I get some feedback on how the game plays without the cash shop. If I'm going to be feeling hampered at every turn because I'm not putting more money into a game I've already bought initially (especially since everything seems overly expensive on the CS), then it'll be a pretty big fail. But if people get through it and don't feel too much pressure to buy stuff, I might give it a go. Maybe. 
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    edited February 2016
    I wonder how many times the guy says "kind of interesting" throughout the video.  Despite the cash shop items having bonuses, the bonuses are negligible.  People at this point are just looking for something to be upset/bitch about so they can cry out 'told you so'.  It happens every single time a new MMO comes out that has a shop outside of just buying the game.  People cried about GW2 as well.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  Those bonuses aren't going to help you nearly as much as somebody might assume.

If anything they've put those bonuses on there to make people believe that they're getting some sort of real benefit or something 'prestigious' by purchasing a costume that cost 22 dollars, or 32 dollars for the costume and extra weapon options.
    I like to complain about games.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    d_20 said:
    reeereee said:
    DMKano said:
    If those costumes didn't have any stats on them - almost nobody would buy them - at least with stats on them - they'll sell quite a few of them.

Cosmetic only items don't sell worth a damn in MMORPGs.
    I must not be playing the same MMORPGs you're playing.
    I've seen a lot of people running around in GW2 with cosmetic stuff on.

Same in ESO, except I don't know how many of those people are subscribers just dumping their extra crowns on those costumes.

WoW sells all kinds of mounts and pets which don't do jack.

I don't have an industry-wide panorama on the numbers, but those three games I've just mentioned have plenty of people buying cosmetic-only items.
    Like tons of B2P they will start nickel and dimming people in many part of the game as the box fee don't cover the cost of greed they need to add a cash shop to make more money off of people it's not away cosmetic they get people to buy.

PoE it's pure cosmetic very few games are like that and it's even free to play and then D3 B2P with no cash shop.

GW2 it self don't only get people to buy cosmetic there are many other things that NCSOFT/ AreaNet don't need to do it but they do just to get more of people money. ESO I didn't play it, WoW didn't have to add a cash shop but they did but more money is better if they can get away with it and still nickel and dimming people when they don't need too.

Same BDO are nickel and dimming people noting new there, but I bet that people don't even know what the stats do on the cosmetic. And having 3 rows of bag slot some people complain that they need to pay to unlock more didn't play the game more then 20 mins then seeing there are more bag slot that do get unlocked overtime, I don't know about the bank slots that can be very much right needed to pay to unlock.

Yes BDO may very well end up P2W with some people reporting that it's not all the items and it's going end up in the cash shop until later. 

Just over all this is a problem with mmo in general, people out there that throw money at a company and makes more money off of them for the little things other then cosmetic or a sub fee. It's why the company have their way with money traps in there games alot more then the cost of the game. As long they can nickel and dime people for things they should not have to pay even more it's just people are to willing.

Oh well lol pretty much.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    $30 with optional cash shop is terrible!

Bring back having to pay $150-200+ a year to just log in and play...
  • zerokaionzerokaion Member UncommonPosts: 16
    edited February 2016
    Just noticed there is a Ship/Wagon/Horse pack that you can purchase that contain a license that you can sell on the marketplace. Currently on the beta the ship pack cost 2000 pearl and the license sell for 760k. I not far enough to know if 760k is easy to get or just crazy.
    Not so sure anymore if I want to buy this game. It looks fishy.

I WAS WRONG! Sorry, there is a market price tag on them but they are not register-able. Same for pets.
    Post edited by zerokaion on
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    bcbully said:
    Seriously OP? Stop man. XP bonuses? That's a problem? 1% movement speed for a horse? 
    1% movement speed on a horse, +1 Gathering, and other 'small bonuses' are only the start. Daum Games CLEARLY STATED that they WOULD NOT include ANY PAY2WIN content in their cash shop. With these small stat bonuses, even before release, they're clearly trying to see how far they can go before the playerbase turns away and they can do their original play to make the game 'Free2Play' (which I think happens before the end of the year...)
  • majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    DMKano said:
    If those costumes didn't have any stats on them - almost nobody would buy them - at least with stats on them - they'll sell quite a few of them.

Cosmetic only items don't sell worth a damn in MMORPGs.
    Well, in DOTA2 (which is, granted, a moba) they sell very well.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    For the money that a single of these sets costs, I rather buy a good AAA game or half a dozen good indie games that have no cash shop. 

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• ConbadicusConbadicus Member CommonPosts: 2
    I've played the Korean version and the beta extensively. Make no mistake people - these bonuses are not small. Max Gathering skill is +5. So +1 is quite large. 
    Everyone will be min maxing so everyone will have the same costume. Everyone will be spending money on the monthly bonus packs just to get a slight edge , especially in a pvp driving game.
  • ConbadicusConbadicus Member CommonPosts: 2
    Also, pets can be sold on the Marketplace, so you can directly spend real money on in game currency.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    hmmm put off right away with the pricing of the gems.
    $10 = 1000 pearls
    10 Euro = 1000 pearls
    £10 = 1000 pearls

If £1 = 1.46 euro and $1.53 then the £ is paying alot more for the same than everyone else. screw that rip off palava and thats before it went into P2W item shop gear. cosmetic gear my arse.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    its only first version of cash shop

later you will see more and more stuff like RNG boxes that give upgrade stones and other game breaking items
  • zerokaionzerokaion Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Also, pets can be sold on the Marketplace, so you can directly spend real money on in game currency.

I was wrong, you can't put them on the market. There is a price tag but it's probably from other regions.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    And so the promises of "changing things for the western market" are slowly (?) being eroded...

First it was "there will be no P2W in the cash shop".
    Now it becomes "well actually, there will be some P2W, but it's really negligible".
    What will it be next week ?

A month after launch BDO in the NA/EU market will be the exact same game as in any other region. Except for the tasty profits from all those B2P boxes...
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    And so the promises of "changing things for the western market" are slowly (?) being eroded...

First it was "there will be no P2W in the cash shop".
    Now it becomes "well actually, there will be some P2W, but it's really negligible".
    What will it be next week ?

A month after launch BDO in the NA/EU market will be the exact same game as in any other region. Except for the tasty profits from all those B2P boxes...

I bet the same thing will happen with Star Citizen.
  • PhxyzPhxyz Member UncommonPosts: 3
    ...and another hyped game bite the dust.
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Looks like they designed the cash shop first and then figured there has to be some kind of game around to support it.
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Another title for the slush pile.
  • tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    It's a new low for Korean MMOs people allrdy hate it before release even Blade and Soul didn't manage that.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Two things:

1. We know that even Nexon agrees that selling exp boosters is pay 2 win. Even in a game with no trading it is still pay to win. The general idea is that in a game with trading and economy, you curve out faster and progress faster, thus laying claim to the higher tier resources and items. In maplestory's case, it was more so to create an equal competitive leveling environment, too bad they cock'd that up by not moderating their game in any fashion.

2. DMKano fails to recognize that cosmetic only has worked, and can work even better in a game with higher graphical fidelity, mainly due to the general player base and their depravity and creativity.

As it is right now, a buy to play game with a free to play tier cash shop is a bit of a tough chip for some to swallow.

• User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Buy 2 pay? It makes perfect sense, no stranger than the entry fee we all have to pay when going to the supermarket, right?
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    User836 said:
    Buy 2 pay? It makes perfect sense, no stranger than the entry fee we all have to pay when going to the supermarket, right?
    No its more like a  cover charge to a crappy bar with over priced beer... 
  • alancodealancode Member UncommonPosts: 163
    UGH I thought it was not going to be P2W. FUCK why cant someone just make a game like this that you can MAKE costumes, or MAKE furniture that is cool. Why can't someone do that? They are just like everyone out there, they don't give a f*** about us, they just want money. 

(-_-)