Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DICE Awards: Game of the Year goes to Fallout 4

GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

Comments

• User836User836 Member UncommonPosts: 117
    edited February 2016
    Edited because: changed my mind :p
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    So a game which, for the most part, completely dumbs down the previous (Bethesda) game even further, and strips out even more of what made Fallout... well, Fallout... gets GOTY. In a year where Witcher 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and many other high quality titles I can't remember off the top of my head were released, they give it to one of the most mediocre games I've ever played. 

It's a decent game, and I've had some enjoyment running around in it despite the lackluster port to PC, but it's nowhere near GOTY material. It's not even the best release in its own genre. 

Wonder how much Bethesda paid them?

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    ?? This gotta be a joke, fallout 4 was really bad.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Ok, I don't think we should take these awards too seriously. ;)

Anyway, goty for Fallout4 is ok. At least imo as I that's the game I played the most last recently.

The "awards" which made me really laugh are:
    • Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year: Fallout 4
    • Action Game of the Year: Star Wars Battlefront
    The RPG part in Fallout4 is really not that huge and I doubt it got that award for its "massively multiplayer" options. :)
    And Battlefront is Action Game of the Year. Come on, if it weren't Star Wars no one would have noticed that game at all.

But as I said, don't take awards serious. Their main purpose is to push sales.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I enjoyed Fallout 4. I haven't tried The Witcher since the first game. I liked the game but didn't like the twitch based combat. No where near as bad as the arcade game Dragon's Lair but I didn't like it.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Anthur said:
    Ok, I don't think we should take these awards too seriously. ;)

Anyway, goty for Fallout4 is ok. At least imo as I that's the game I played the most last recently.

The "awards" which made me really laugh are:
    • Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year: Fallout 4
    • Action Game of the Year: Star Wars Battlefront
    The RPG part in Fallout4 is really not that huge and I doubt it got that award for its "massively multiplayer" options. :)
    And Battlefront is Action Game of the Year. Come on, if it weren't Star Wars no one would have noticed that game at all.

But as I said, don't take awards serious. Their main purpose is to push sales.
    I found FO4 to have a great RP atmosphere. I actually feel that was the strongest part of the game overall, not the combat, questing, etc... 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    the real question here is how much bethesda paid for this game of the year, I guess since they lost for witcher 3 last time they had to make sure they can after launch a game of the year edition to milk some more money on a garbage low rate game, later people wonder why gamming people are so pick....  dev companys are looking like politicians.....
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Very happy to see Fallout 4 get the GOTY ! :D 

One of my favorite franchises, and the latest installment had probably the strongest RPG aspects of all the "modern" Fallout's. Settlements certainly allowed the player to express themselves in a great variety of ways.