Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Engine Updates being worked on

2»

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    They are actually bringing DX11 with the Thieves Guild DLC. May get some visual improvement there too if they push for it.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    SlyLoK said:
    They are actually bringing DX11 with the Thieves Guild DLC. May get some visual improvement there too if they push for it.
    DX11 was always there. What they're doing is removing DX9. It's DX11 only from now on.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Iselin said:
    SlyLoK said:
    DX11 was always there. What they're doing is removing DX9. It's DX11 only from now on.
    Are you sure? I remember interviews before release saying it was a DX9 title.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2016
    SlyLoK said:
    Iselin said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Are you sure? I remember interviews before release saying it was a DX9 title.
    Yes I'm positive. I have always run it on DX11

Support link with recommended high-end specs specifying DX11 (originally from 2012 and updated last year:)  https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/296/kw/direct x 11

And from the PTS patch notes:

DirectX 11 Upgrade
    We have upgraded the ESO graphics engine to be DirectX 11 specific.
    • You will no longer be able to launch or run the DirectX 9 version of the game.
    • We will no longer support graphics cards and operating systems that are not compatible with DirectX 11.
    • This will allow us to implement new graphics features only possible with the removal of DirectX 9, as well as improve the overall performance of the engine.
    The visual and performance improvements will come about simply by no longer having to be DX9 backwards compatible.

In case yours is set incorrectly (apparently it has happened to some) you can check the Usersettings.txt file in documents > Elder Scrolls Online > live

SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11" is what it should say if you have a DX11 card and OS.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    XAleX360 said:
    Baitness said:
    In case anybody wasn't aware, ZOS is trying to ship a 64 bit client with the thieves guild update:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/21/thieves-guild-first-look

Also, they just answered some engine questions in ESO Live:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/242998/eso-live-ask-us-anything-the-answers

Q: Is a DX12 upgrade a possibility in the future? ESO runs pretty darn well, except when there are many things requiring animation on screen at once. My slight understanding of this is that there are too many "draw calls" going out in such situations, and that DX12 handles them drastically better. Right now I run my game on lower settings specifically because of the lower framerate I get in cities, and it sounds like DX12 could improve the situation.

A: Yes, we are planning on a DX12 upgrade and expect that this will give us a number of graphics performance improvements. We cannot provide an ETA at this time, but it is something we’re working towards.

Q: First, can we get the fog pushed back? The fog is constant and thick, and takes away a lot of immersion for me. 

In certain situations, the fog is intended to be heavy and thick to contribute to the mood and atmosphere of the region. Aldcroft in Glenumbra, for example, is a spooky and moody place – as are many areas of Tamriel. The fog distances do change based on weather and time of day, and yes, we are able to change them. But, we have set maximum fog distances in each environment to hide other immersion-breaking issues such as LOD (line of distance) transitions, and very low-detail terrain, the worst culprits being the mountains and large rock features in the geography. This is an old issue and something we have been slowly working on addressing.
    Additional LODs for all of the environment assets is somewhat prohibitive, but we are working through the problem. We have improved our tree LOD system and our skybox system so that we can have trees draw further in the distance and create the illusion of extended background mountain ranges, so the fog distance in Orsinium (the zone for our next upcoming DLC game pack), is set somewhat farther back than other zones. We would like to go back through the older zones and update them accordingly, but that work is currently lower priority than creating new DLC zones.
    I am pretty excited about this, an ETA would have been nice but I am really surprised we got any info about it at all.
    Baitness, this was from an ESO live back in September 2015. Still great news, but the fact that we didn't get any ETA yet makes me wonder how much it will actually take them.
     Yep been in works awhile now, only problem I see is some devs just have no clue what they are doing. One Month they say one thing then something else later. Like when they told us they were working on bugs with us PC users. Then we found out they were doing the crown store and consoles. So hard to believe anything they say now. But am hoping.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Game as it now stands is DX 9  compatible 32 Bit client.

They are releasing 64 bit client and that will not be compatible with DX9 so it is getting removed.

Greatest change will be that game will be able to use all of your ram and not just 4 Gb ( 32 bit client limitation ).

They are however working on DX12 upgrade for Dark Brotherhood. This shoul bring more eye candy.

As for bugs - they ussualy have 10+ pages of various fixes. I would call that bug fixing.
    Cynic will see 10+ pages of bugs that existed. Realist will understand MMO-s are buged, allways have been and will be. Optimist will play and disregard occasional small bug.