Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online - Pearl Shop Tour! - Not so cosmetic after all.

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
This a great video showing you the Pearl Shop. Sadly as the title stated from the video there is very little in actual cosmetic items. It seems 90% function to cosmetic.

SNIP

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I'm shocked!   A Korean game with a healthy cash shop.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    "Healthy"?
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Sad thing is all the people that will support and defend this. So the next chapter of MMORPG fleecing has begun, why, cause B2P is a term that needs to be drug through the mud obviously....

B2P will be the new F2P. *sigh*
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Torval said:
    Can't people just write an intelligent post anymore? Do we have to watch and listen to them on YouTube? FFS it's worse than the cash shop.
    I personally express my self better via voice then I do typing. 

SNIP

• MickyknoxMickyknox Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Paying for a p2w game i think not !! pass
  • blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415
    i just put in for a refund..this is pretty infuriating
  • GrumpStumpGrumpStump Member CommonPosts: 1
    Nice video. Thanks.

GrumpStump
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    It's pay2win, everyone already knew this who played the game in other regions. I made a thread about it and half the people were still in denial.

Anyway.

Why pearls instead of direct cash?

Nexon does this too, so do most Korean MMO. Making people buy a currency instead of items directly, apparently makes them spend more, because it doesn't seem like you're spending real money with a currency like pearls.
    Pearls before swine
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    What no fanbois flaming you yet?  Good info, thanks.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Braindome said:
    Sad thing is all the people that will support and defend this. So the next chapter of MMORPG fleecing has begun, why, cause B2P is a term that needs to be drug through the mud obviously....

B2P will be the new F2P. *sigh*
    GW2 broke that a long time ago pay real money cover in to gold and then buy the best gear in the game:)
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I'm holding onto my money until they release the big blue whale uniform with the best stats.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited February 2016
    In a pvp focused game, great idea guys.........

This makes me want to sub to darkfall or at least support the revival of dfo (sub only).  Im not usually one to get involved in the p2w debate but this is just rotten.

The gw2 thing shocked me as well but that game is cosmetic and everyone's side mmo that they dont really care about.
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I don't get the sudden "rage" over the cash shop items. They're the same costumes available in all other regions. It's never been hard to actually find out what's in the cash shop.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Camelot Unchained and Pantheon Rise Of The Fallen: 2 games to look forward to with no cash shop BS... 
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2016
    DMKano said:
    If those costumes didn't have any stats on them - almost nobody would buy them - at least with stats on them - they'll sell quite a few of them.

Cosmetic only items don't sell worth a damn in MMORPGs.
    That stats on them so far I seen yet but small less important other then the one costumes that hide your name tag to other player to make ganking alot easyer to do.

For me I seen few costumes that I want and the work put in to the costumes are very good. But if the pvp is bad as there was alot talk about player wanted the karma system more open then KR. It can invite ganking alot more with out to much risk that can be a very bad problem.
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Kiyoris said:
    It's pay2win, everyone already knew this who played the game in other regions. I made a thread about it and half the people were still in denial.

Anyway.

Nexon does this too, so do most Korean MMO. Making people buy a currency instead of items directly, apparently makes them spend more, because it doesn't seem like you're spending real money with a currency like pearls.
    It's more than that too I'm afraid. Lets say something costs 150 pearls and you can purchase pearls in increments of 90. You have no choice but to purchase 2 packs. The real pain is when you realize that you can't buy anything in the market for the 30 pearls you have remaining. You always have that change left over so you think, "hmm, if I only add one more pack ..."
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    What is everyone raged about in terms of the cash shop? I think it's actually one of the best ones out there in terms of itemization and further, you can't sell any of it to  other players in game, so aside from the lack of P2W there's also no legalized RMT like every other game has, even your beloved GW2. Forgive me for not having the patience to watch a video, but I can read and type far faster than it takes to listen to somebody ramble on. What is the primary issue?
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Make a dedicated cash shop item slot if you must but putting stats on costumes is just plain dumb. Having to decide between looks and stats is never fun.
    Gyva02 said:
    Camelot Unchained and Pantheon Rise Of The Fallen: 2 games to look forward to with no cash shop BS... 
    Until they realize they can't make enough money. Make no mistake, the cash shop is here.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Watch the apologists come running to defend their precious
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited February 2016
    Yeah those stats didn't exactly jump out at me, +1 gathering and jumping 0.5m isn't exactly going to give me much of an advantage or any at all.

I'm a massive hater when it comes to cash shops, but this CS seems very tame compared to some. Feel some might be just fanning the flames wit this one imho
    Kilrain said:
    Kiyoris said:

Anyway.

It's more than that too I'm afraid. Lets say something costs 150 pearls and you can purchase pearls in increments of 90. You have no choice but to purchase 2 packs. The real pain is when you realize that you can't buy anything in the market for the 30 pearls you have remaining. You always have that change left over so you think, "hmm, if I only add one more pack ..."
    Agree, this is the same way Nexon does it. You always end up with either too much or too little nexon cash for the item. So people keep buying stuff.

Jacobin said:
    Watch the apologists come running to defend their precious
    They'll be here soon, I can hear the angry stampede in the distance.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Should we take bets on how long it takes until the shop becomes completely P2W like Archeage? Winner gets 1000 internet points.