Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i saw it for the very first time today.

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
Yo.
Beside of the technical issues, that are expected, i just found this game total ugly :/
The animations look super asia, its a matter of taste i think.
The colors are superpresent, there is colors everywhere lol.
The UI is totally overcrowded with omg many crap.
Mission dialogs take half a screen.
Effects everywhere have hit me like a bat - bamm.

The crumpy runnig game may be because of the high load and issues.

Ill give it a second try tomorrow, but compared to my ArcheAge, BDO is a ugly mess of flashes and colors, lol ^^

But nwm, have fun in the beta and enjoy the hype spike, thats always big fun :)

Cheers ^^

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2016
    go to the options and turn the effects down.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Agree about the UI.  Far too much info, useless at that, always on my screen.  That and autorun to quest objectives....I don't understand why this needs to be a thing in MMOs from the east...makes no sense to me.  Bunch of lazy...anyway.  Another eastern MMO to uninstall and forget.  Graphics are sorta nice and combat isn't awful but the game is far too easy and boring.  Moving on.
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I agree OP. Tried it and didn't like it at all. Everyone raving about the combat but honestly I found it very boring and combo'ing is a mess.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    @joeri123 agree with you 100% the combo was aweful. after playing BnS and how fluid their combos' are it made me wish for simple press "2" to fire  :) 
    I will try this again just before CBT2 closes and unless my opinion does a 180 uturn im sure i wont be spending money on it.

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I deleted the game  after less then 30 minutes playing. The graphic settings  are not good enough. The UI isnt good enough . The key settings arent good enough. The skillspeed isnt good enough. I can go on and on. Just another failure.

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I deleted the game  after less then 30 minutes playing. The graphic settings  are not good enough. The UI isnt good enough . The key settings arent good enough. The skillspeed isnt good enough. I can go on and on. Just another failure.

If u are such and grumpy nitpicker, and this is all it takes for you to be unhappy about a game  then I feel sorry for you.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Quazal.A said:
    @joeri123 agree with you 100% the combo was aweful. after playing BnS and how fluid their combos' are it made me wish for simple press "2" to fire  :) 
    I will try this again just before CBT2 closes and unless my opinion does a 180 uturn im sure i wont be spending money on it.

This, so much this! The combat in BDO is just far too cumbersome and unresponsive, especially after playing BnS. Also glad to have been able to play CBT2 as I was getting caught up in the hype but now after playing I realize it's just that.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I find getting into the game quite confusing and i'm somewhat overwhelmed with the UI and stuff.

But then it's like if we get WoW clone #3782 with all the same functions we do complain that there is nothing new about it and if a game actually takes a new approach here and there, we complain about it being too off.

To me BD is nothing i can get behind right away in a short session, so i will take my time with it this weekend and hope to find the game underneath the "clutter".
    It surely looks like a product with lots of thought and detail about it.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Volgore said:
    I find getting into the game quite confusing and i'm somewhat overwhelmed with the UI and stuff.

But then it's like if we get WoW clone #3782 with all the same functions we do complain that there is nothing new about it and if a game actually takes a new approach here and there, we complain about it being too off.

To me BD is nothing i can get behind right away in a short session, so i will take my time with it this weekend and hope to find the game underneath the "clutter".
    It surely looks like a product with lots of thought and detail about it.
    I actually wish for a WoW 2.0, just nobody has done it right. I prefer having 30 skills on my bar and tab target, it requires more thought, gives more options etc etc. If it weren't for their super slow content releases i'd probably still play WoW...
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

If you don't like a game, you don't like a game.  However, I question the ability to give something a constructive evaluation after only 30 minutes.  The things you mention are things that could easily be figured out before buying or playing.

I self identify as a monkey.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    rawfox said:
    Yo.
    Beside of the technical issues, that are expected, i just found this game total ugly :/
    The animations look super asia, its a matter of taste i think.
    The colors are superpresent, there is colors everywhere lol.
    The UI is totally overcrowded with omg many crap.
    Mission dialogs take half a screen.
    Effects everywhere have hit me like a bat - bamm.

The crumpy runnig game may be because of the high load and issues.

Ill give it a second try tomorrow, but compared to my ArcheAge, BDO is a ugly mess of flashes and colors, lol ^^

But nwm, have fun in the beta and enjoy the hype spike, thats always big fun :)

Cheers ^^

I saw all you did and more. I'm not even going to give this another chance. Already Un-installed it.

/offtopic
    The Division Open Beta starts tomorrow. I KNOW that is fun because I played in the last Test. :)
    /ontopic
    :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's the WoW of action mmos.  Faceroll
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited February 2016
    mgilbrtsn said:

If you don't like a game, you don't like a game.  However, I question the ability to give something a constructive evaluation after only 30 minutes.  The things you mention are things that could easily be figured out before buying or playing.
    The game had 15 minutes to impress me and it failed.
    Wildstar got uninstalled after only 5 minutes, because if i can not jump over the rim at start, ill never be able to jump over anything "unrailed". Isnt that a constructive evaluation ?

BDO at least gets a second try from me, but to drag me away from ArcheAge, it must do me better then that.
    Thats something already, isnt it ?

• doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32

If u are such and grumpy nitpicker, and this is all it takes for you to be unhappy about a game  then I feel sorry for you.
    It doesnt play smooth enough. My playstyle is fast and agressive, so this aint my game. The skillsystem is not made for fast pvp.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    doodeskader said:

It doesnt play smooth enough. My playstyle is fast and agressive, so this aint my game. The skillsystem is not made for fast pvp.

I think there are a number of Youtube videos out there that would dispute that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IKIVOc_24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOD1N-oD7Ac

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GeneralKushGeneralKush Member CommonPosts: 6
    edited February 2016
    The graphics were pretty on Max and the character creation was beyond amazing. That's about it. Oh and the knowledge/secret stuff that you find is a cool addition. Everything else was WoW 2.0 (which I also played for 30 minutes before uninstalling). Asian Edition.

Uninstalled, going to be keeping my eye on potential actual good MMO's like Overwatch, Life is Feudal, and possibly Gloria Victis and Crowfall.

It's a shame really, but I'm not surprised. The hype was too much, it was so obvious. Cognitive dissonance will be the name of the game for years to come.

Not hating on the people who will play it and like it, I can see it catering to female gamers for the character customization and all the micromanagement and flashy gfx. The majority of girls/women love that stuff.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    mgilbrtsn said:

I can test drive a car in 15 minutes and figure out if I like the ride.  The fact it has a super cool radio and other features does not change the fact one does not like the feel of the ride.
  • GeneralKushGeneralKush Member CommonPosts: 6
    I am only level 11 but am enjoying the game. Love the ambiance. Look forward to playing again later this evening

The Witcher 3 has great ambiance.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    First ~15-20 lvls are basically a tutorial for just the basics of the game. Takes a while to unlock enough skills and get away from people stacked on top of one another to get a real feel for the game.

Instant gratification this game is not.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    So, im done with my "check out" now.

The grafics dont look better in any settings, its just more colorpuke, or less.
    It looks like a total plastic bomber on a 10 year old grafix engine.
    There is no physics in place, i found my toon weight is 100kg and jumps like a sobering couch potatoe.
    I went into the water, yay, i can swim. Sadly i can not dive ... oha :/

This was hyped as ArcheAge killer and ended as a medicore game with loads and loads of loads.
    The grafix dont even reach 50% compared to AA.
    The physics .. well, there have been reasons why AA made me "whoa" stunning really often while BDO could only "meeh" me.

I think, Black Dessert is a cool game, while ArcheAge is not a game, that thing is real xD.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

So these are the people that keep making these threads about how the genre is dead?

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Sovrath said:
    doodeskader said:

I think there are a number of Youtube videos out there that would dispute that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IKIVOc_24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOD1N-oD7Ac

Hardly, makes it seem even worse imo. Ever play DF 1? That's fast paced MMO pvp there. Are you even required to truly aim in this game? Didn't look like it to me.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    edited February 2016
    There are colour filters the default is vibrant try another filter or turn it off. Most of the things mentioned can be changed. I have limited UI and reduced the scale and it looks good. Try spending a bit of time fine tuning to the way you like the game to look. And yes its an Asian game what did you expect ? You can dive and swim underwater.