Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CUBE access

YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere, but I just want to check:

If I by the $35 "basic builder", can I access and use CUBE?
Do higher tiers give more functionality/materials/textures etc within CUBE?
Can I upgrade to a higher tier at a latter stage (the US dollar is so strong now, makes things expensive).

Also regarding CUBE itself:

Is it kind of like creative mode in minecraft where you have access to all the textures/materials to build with? Or do you need to pay for or collect materials to start building?
Are your buildings saved? Or do they get erased/destroyed when you log out? 
Do you get something like your own plot on a server to build on (like in some minecraft servers)? 
Can the buildings you make be used later when the game is released, or to put it another way, how does what I create now transfer over to the actual game? 
What purpose will/does CUBE serve once the game is released? Do you build stuff in CUBE and then somehow transport it into the game (when released)? Or do your CUBE creations become plans/blueprints that you take into the game then after assembling the necessary materials the building gets constructed? Or do you just have CUBE building functionality actually within the game itself?

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    The Basic Builder $35 tier only comes with Beta 2 access, so I would guess you couldn't do CUBE yet with that tier. The official CUBE site indicates CUBE is only available to testers who have the testing stage that is currently in progress i.e. Alpha, although I seem to recall that Beta 1 backers were given access to CUBE a while back to help soften the blow of the delay of that stage.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

According to the July 24, 2015 update, Beta 1 backers have access to CUBE too.

http://camelotunchained.com/v3/afternoon-update-friday-july-24th-2015/

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    meddyck said:
    According to the July 24, 2015 update, Beta 1 backers have access to CUBE too.

http://camelotunchained.com/v3/afternoon-update-friday-july-24th-2015/

Thanks for that meddyck, that update answers a lot of my questions. I'll have to get the $60 pack at minimum then, I wanted that "living strategy guide" anyway. Maybe I can convince myself to part with the money next month, I would love to have a play on CUBE.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    At $35 any smart consumer would realize you are paying for a finished product which is not the case here.Of course you have to weigh in your own value of this game.

All i know is i bought Dishonored for 15 bucks,FFXi complete several expansions 15 bucks,so for 30 bucks i got a ton of quality content and here you are looking at 35 bucks for an unfinished product,to me that is not value.
    There are several other triple A games you can buy for around 15-30 bucks so at 35 it is simply over priced.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Wizardry said:
    At $35 any smart consumer would realize you are paying for a finished product which is not the case here.Of course you have to weigh in your own value of this game.

All i know is i bought Dishonored for 15 bucks,FFXi complete several expansions 15 bucks,so for 30 bucks i got a ton of quality content and here you are looking at 35 bucks for an unfinished product,to me that is not value.
    There are several other triple A games you can buy for around 15-30 bucks so at 35 it is simply over priced.

I see your point @Wizardry that we can get some older AAA titles for a low price, and I often pick such games up on during steam sales. But I think comparing those to paying some money to back a game that is still in development is somewhat missing the mark. 

I am not really one for jumping in and helping to fund games before they are made, but I am considering it in the case because 1) CU offers a working version of CUBE (for the $60 and up tiers) which will let me play around with building and so forth, 2) CU sounds like a really amazing game, 3) I loved Warhammer Online so I have a degree of trust in the dev team, and 4) relating to what you mentioned Wizardry, it seems like one of the most fair and "morally correct" cases of a (at least partially) community funded game.

Mark has been very upfront in all his posts about this being a game in development and to only back the game if you are comfortable with that fact; actually anyone who has done any research on CU would know that they are not getting a finished product when buying a backers' tier.

Also CU's community funding (at least at this stage, I have no idea what it may have been like in the past), it is very very tame compared to what some of the competition is doing. As far as I know, for example, you can't buy powerful gear/class/or whatever for thousands of dollars a piece. 

In fact you should take a look at the CU store Wizardry (or anyone else), because to my mind CU has presented a very reasonable set up that allows people to pay several hundred dollars if they really want to support development, and other players a much lower hurdle to back the game. It just feels fair and right to me. Then take a look at something like SC which is charging thousands of dollars for ships, which almost makes me cry, especially when I read of kids who have spent heavy on the SC shop and now regret it. Its like night and day Wizardry, night and day.

TDLR: Don't begrudge CU charging $35 for entry to beta 2 when other game companies are charging thousands of dollars for purchase of in game items for a game that doesn't yet exist.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    @Wizardry it's even worse than that, there are thousands of absolutely free games outthtere. So why are you wasting time with us?  ;)
     W...aaagh?
  • VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Wizardry said:

I often agree with everything you say on these forums and typically enjoy your posts but this one you sort of contradict yourself. As you stated, and this is the most truthful thing posted here, you have to weigh in your own value on the game.

To me, Dishonored sucked so that wasn't worth $15.00 to me. I played FFXI for 7 years so I can tell you that even if you paid $15.00 for that MMORPG and several expansions, you might have had access to all of that content, but there is no way you saw even half of the content available. So in essence, you are paying $15.00 up front for the POTENTIAL content you will see in FFXI. You also immediately start paying a $10.00+ subscription fee once the first month has passed. You are also starting the game years after it has been out. If you saw even half the content in the game and made great advancements I will have to say you played for at least three additional months which means the true cost of playing a game that was years old at the time for you would have been about 45 dollars.

You stated you got several XPACs for FFXI with the purchase. The game came out in 2012, the first and second expansions were released by 2014. I would assume you would have written "couple" if you meant it came with two expansions but since you wrote several I will go with at a minimum it had 3. The third expansion came out in 2006 which means if you got the game then, you paid your money for a four year old MMORPG. 

35 bucks for Camelot Unchained gets you the game, access to CUBE, and several in game perks along with your standard one month free subscription. You also have the ability to help shape the game and play it and catch bugs before launch for at least a few more months. So in four months of Camelot Unchained you will still have spent 35 dollars, compared to 45 for FFXI, and FFXI is notorious for its crap PvP. Again, as you stated, you have to weigh your own value of each game you play. So while to YOU it may be overpriced, there are many who disagreed. And that is perfectly ok.
  • A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258
    @Wizardry it's even worse than that, there are thousands of absolutely free games outthtere. So why are you wasting time with us?  ;)
    James every time you post one of those snippets I miss warhammer more and more ONLY if it could be redone  

A1learjet said:
    James every time you post one of those snippets I miss warhammer more and more ONLY if it could be redone  
    WAAA...*cough* *cough*...Ah, sorry for all the emotional pains I caused =)
     W...aaagh?
    A1learjet said:
    lol actually you ment WAAAAAGH....cough cough   :P

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    A1learjet said:
    A1learjet said:
    It was the only game I ever played where a tank class (Black Orc) actually felt like a tank in PvP. Didn't get many kills, but I could keep 2 or even 3 enemy players tied up for quite some time. Plus with player collision detection, I could actually block off chokepoints. 

Oh, and shield block chance applying to spell projectiles was brilliant, and it's sad that WAR is the only game which I've played that ever implemented something so simple, so basic, so based on common sense, yet to this day eludes developers of MMOs and single player games alike. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

@A1learjet I'll tell you a little secret - I am supporting this weird Goblin-less game for just one reason: I hope it will be a smash hit so that Mark can get WAR license back and make WAR 2, one fine day...

PS if you want even more pain, besides my sig - you can find it (mixed with CU GIFs and lots of random stuff, varied in all formats and resolutions) here - http://www.gamespot.com/profile/jamesgoblin/images/

W...aaagh?
    @A1learjet I'll tell you a little secret - I am supporting this weird Goblin-less game for just one reason: I hope it will be a smash hit so that Mark can get WAR license back and make WAR 2, one fine day...

PS if you want even more pain, besides my sig - you can find it (mixed with CU GIFs and lots of random stuff, varied in all formats and resolutions) here - http://www.gamespot.com/profile/jamesgoblin/images/

LOL thanks  :P

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    If this game makes it decently there is 0 chance Marc would want to go through the process of acquiring the IP of Warhammer again. He seems to really enjoy the Arthurian universe of things hence why he went back to his roots after other projects.
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98
    edited February 2016
    A1learjet said:
    A1learjet said:
    It was the only game I ever played where a tank class (Black Orc) actually felt like a tank in PvP. Didn't get many kills, but I could keep 2 or even 3 enemy players tied up for quite some time. Plus with player collision detection, I could actually block off chokepoints. 

Oh, and shield block chance applying to spell projectiles was brilliant, and it's sad that WAR is the only game which I've played that ever implemented something so simple, so basic, so based on common sense, yet to this day eludes developers of MMOs and single player games alike. 

Path of Exile has spell block on shields, in addition to normal physical shield block.  So it is out there.

But it is something you see only in games with deeper design.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

Who says CU is Goblin-less? Not all races have been revealed yet.... ;)

meddyck said:

Who says CU is Goblin-less? Not all races have been revealed yet.... ;)

Ah, one can always dream... (meantime, in brutal reality, they are adding even more humans, based on some kind of backer poll).

Thou, I don't ask for much - even just a green Luchorpan would do...one with big pointy nose and a huchback...and hunchback slider, please! <3 ...and evil Goblin grin face...and...and...
     W...aaagh?