Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, what are you playing?

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    ESO currently.  Really wish Bows weren't relegated to swap and pop weapons and could stand on their own as a viable DPS method but other than that I really enjoy it.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    World of Warships is my current obsession.

I self identify as a monkey.

• subxaerosubxaero Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Started playing Vanilla wow on a private server..and i am getting dangerously addicted to it
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited February 2016
    D3, fallout 4, probably Life is Strange.

Life is strange is really good. Plays on your emotions a lot.

Oh also I'm playing EQ2 again,  Black Desert (this week since I got a key) and I'm burnt on Skyrim and Fallout 4 for awhile.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    edited February 2016
    Grim Dawn! Awesome game.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    ESO, GW2 and sometimes TSW. I WANT to also play EQ2, Wildstar, SWTOR, and FF14, but there just isn't time...the curse of getting older and busier. So on a side note kids, if you are a teenager or in your 20s in college, and single, PLAY now because in the future, you will find that your children don't really let you do 8 hour gaming sessions unless they can play too...

But enough about my issues. On the single player front, playing Tomb Raider again (2013 version) and sometimes Skyrim, Divinity Original Sin, SOMA, Life Is Strange. Um, again time constraints. My advice is pick one MMO, one single player and play them into oblivion before moving on =)
  • SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455
    edited February 2016
    Absolutely nothing. When BDO comes out I'll give it a go. I like the non instanced world but the cash shop worries me. 

Im still looking for a good sub MMO I can immerse myself into. 
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Fallout 4, XCOM Enemy Unknown, COD Black Ops 3, Tom Clancy Black Cell, Stock Market , yomama
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    ArChWind said:

Life is strange is really good. Plays on your emotions a lot.

Yeh .. and gameplay is new and different from most other games. They also put time into writing the characters. There are a lot of well crafted game out there. In fact, just by looking at this thread, many here don't even focus on MMOs.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    so most people are not playing MMOs here .. no wonder MMO sites are broadening its definition. 
    You're getting it, good for you.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Playing head games with the wife, don't know how long I can afford it though... the cash shop gets kind of expensive.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Truth is MMO's been slacking over the last 5 years. It's one of the main reason many of these MMO players that frequent this site have found entertainment in other products.

I'm glad to see that the market is more aware of what we have vs what we could...I might try Devilian in 2 days, Path of Exile in 3 weeks, but yea first half of 2016 will be meh....

• yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited February 2016
    Got hyped up by BnS and BDO, tried BnS and was too generic for me (PVE guy). Did one BDO beta and just wow! Can't wait now, getting really excited.
    (but that doesn't mean anything, I'm desperate for an MMO fix having burn't out on the rest that appealed to me :)).

Whilst waiting for BDO, tried Rift again (played a lot back in the day) but it's been archaged (paywalls, massive loss of players etc.). Tried a few others I'd played before, even ran up Perfect World, although I haven't played for years and my server had been decommissioned. I'd forgotten how crud the graphics look now :). Still, kept me entertained all of five minutes. Have decided I just have to wait....

On the single player side which I barely touch these days, new Civ coming, though not sure when. Looking forward to that.
  • DaderickDaderick Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I'm mostly relying on Star Citizen right now.  It's really keeping me hopeful for the MMO genre moving forward.  

I have also purchased Black Deseret without even looking into it at all.  I think that's going to be a mistake...

If you're curious about Star Citizen but it seems overwhelming you should check it out here: http://bit.ly/20F25xK They do a great job of explaining the game and pledge system.

Visit us over at Star Citizen Privateer!

Daderick said:
    I'm mostly relying on Star Citizen right now.  It's really keeping me hopeful for the MMO genre moving forward.  

Isn't this game years late, and p2w?
  • wiennaswiennas Member UncommonPosts: 67
    edited February 2016
    I had an idea to play a Chines game, to meet, to get in touch with faraway cultures ..so I downloaded Moonlight Blade Online, quite a new game. The game itself is funny, but otherwise I had expect a ''little different cultural exchange.'' In essence nobody understood me, it seemed they did not even want to understand me, they are strict! If you write in english, they love to kick & ban. Those who showed interest in my ''strange name & letters in which I write'' had come close to me and watch me, in so far as I had write something, the response was always the same >????????<. So I finished my Asia tour and play Guild Wars 2 again.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Wurm Unlimited of course

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105

Clash of Clan, of course!

Some EVE Online

I'm serious about this, but what game by your standard isn't P2W?  I'd just like to see some examples so I can understand where you're coming from.

pve single player games?

D3 (after they took away the RM AH). In fact, it is a perfect example of a game turning from P2W to non-P2W.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    edited February 2016
    Been playing a lot of CS:GO
    I occasionally play Heroes of the storm
    Excited to play Overwatch.
    Need to get back into Witcher 3, I've only played like 4 hours of it.
    Tom Clancy's Division looks good, but I don't think I'm going to get it.

I'm serious about this, but what game by your standard isn't P2W?  I'd just like to see some examples so I can understand where you're coming from.

pve single player games?

D3 (after they took away the RM AH). In fact, it is a perfect example of a game turning from P2W to non-P2W.

How about MMO's?  I should have been more specific.
    Isn't all MMOs with cash shops (or even one without .. like Eve) p2w to some degree?

pve single player games?

How about MMO's?  I should have been more specific.
    Isn't all MMOs with cash shops (or even one without .. like Eve) p2w to some degree?

Well I guess we've gotten far enough off topic.  I was hoping you could give me a specific example or two of MMO's that you consider not P2W by your definition.  I was honestly interested because I can't think of any.

But I'll leave it at that, thanks for the answers.
    Didn't i just say there is none? ... oh actually there is ... Warframe. You play pve solo, and other players may well be not there, and there is no winning.
  • Striker_70Striker_70 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    World of Tanks, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and maybe a little World of Warships
  • iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Star Wars Galaxies, Pre-Cu Awakening server. Going back to something I enjoyed after being let down by everything else.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Anarchy online